Australia vs Pakistan (Tests and ODIs)

Started by nrich102, December 08, 2016, 12:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Test series against Pakistan starting in just over a week from now.

Pakistan against the CA XI starts tomorrow in my neck of the woods, I'm keen to see a decent level of cricket come my way. Not exactly a squad to get excited about, but there are some okayish names.

CA XI squad: Will Bosisto (captain) WA, Jake Carder WA, Alex Gregory SA, Josh Inglis WA, Ryan Lees TAS, Arjun Nair NSW, Jimmy Peirson QLD, Matthew Short VIC, Mark Steketee QLD, Cameron Valente SA, Cameron Wheatley TAS, Jake Winter SA

PowerBug

Don't think of the old Pakistan, lots has changed since then. This Pakistan team is very very good. A question mark over their batting but Australia won't last a day if Riaz, Khan, Ali get the ball ot move. Oh and they also have a leggie named Yasir Shah who goes alright :)

Pakistan 2-1, Australia win the Melbourne test.

**Note: Will be Australia 3-0 if they pick Chadd Sayers in Brisbane because he'll take 10fer on debut if he does play.

elephants

Straya 2-1. Reckon it'll be 1-1 then a very tight finish to the final test. Should be a good series actually, another great chance to look at the next gen!

nrich102

So Pakistan all out for 208. Nem minnit Australia 2/0 after the first over. 208 now looking like a respectable total.

elephants

Just checked the score of the CA xi vs Paki on the cricket us website. Pak all out for 208 I thought flower yeah CA XI done well there, in reply they're 2/0... yep thats 2 wickets for 0 runs.

Golden ducks for Jimmy Pierson and Will Bosisto.

nrich102

PowerBug

Oh yeah I forgot about Mohammed Amir ;) He goes alright after having his 7 years off or whatever it was (feels like only yesterday his sentence started far out)

elephants

Quote from: nrich102 on December 08, 2016, 10:09:23 PM
3/0

Lets be honest, the Cricket Australia XI is always a pretty trash team. But Australia's top order needs to sit up and take notice, if we bat well we win this series no probs imo.

nrich102

4/3 at end of play. Should have heard the cheers when the first runs were scored haha

Torpedo10

Quote from: elephants on December 08, 2016, 10:12:17 PM
3/0

Lets be honest, the Cricket Australia XI is always a pretty trash team. But Australia's top order needs to sit up and take notice, if we bat well we win this series no probs imo.
Aren't the Pakistanis Number one in the world?

PowerBug

Quote from: elephants on December 08, 2016, 10:12:17 PM
3/0

It is Pakistans openers which are the weak point. Not sure how to think of that. On one hand early wickets is the last thing a visiting team needs. But on the other hand Australia always take early wickets at home so if these wickets are Pakistans worst bats then it's alright!

But errr yeah Amir and Riaz with a swinging Pinky at night, watch out!

Number 2 India took it off them after they beat NZ.

Ringo

Australia wins toss and will bat. Same team as last test with Lyon playing. Quite warm in Brisbane as well.

Bill Manspeaker

alright let's do this

they absolutely smashed us in our last series over there, let's get some revenge

Bill Manspeaker

4 overs, 4 boundaries, 20 dot balls

Bill Manspeaker

5 overs, 5 boundaries, 25 dot balls