Main Menu

RIP Max Walker

Started by BratPack, September 28, 2016, 11:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BratPack

Former Australian Test cricketer Max Walker has died, aged 68, after an eight-year international cricket career with Australia.

Walker made his Test debut in 1973 and took 138 wickets in 34 Tests, with his bizarre medium-pace bowling action earning him the nickname 'Tangles'.

He also played 17 one-day internationals from 1974 to 1981, with his handlebar moustache and knock-about style making him a fan favourite.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Nige

:( :( :(

Great player, great character, gone too soon.

Torpedo10

Also a magnificent footballer for Melbourne.

Will be missed.  :'(

Bill Manspeaker

Rusty00

He was such a great character. I remember him on the Sunday Footy show all those years ago with Lou Richards and Ted Whitten.

RIP Max :(

Ringo

RIP Tangles - Can still remember a lot of crucial wickets you have taken in tests as back up to Lillee and Thommo.

Great character as well. Did not know he had melanomas but a gentle warning to us all who play or have played outdoor sport to have regular skin checks. 

Capper

RIP big maxi, who could forget the maxophone or my favourite 12th man line

What do you think im running for, my health??

enzedder

RIP Maxy... gone too soon.
Sad day for Aussie sport.

Dudge

Yeah agree big time, gone way to soon.

RIP Max

Grazz

Never knew he was sick with cancer until now.  :(
One of the great Australian sporting larrikins on and off the field. Very funny and very kind loved by everyone that knew him and by alot that didn't know him personally. So many memories of Max, on the field seen him play, on TV as a host of a few shows, his adverts and his books.

RIP Mr Walker, taken far to soon.