Main Menu

Saints offseason 2016/2017

Started by Bill Manspeaker, August 30, 2016, 09:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gigantor

Bill Manspeaker

good sign we're headed in the right direction. spewin we didn't get over Sydney but hopefully the boys learned something

elephants

Good signs from a few of the young boys - Steele a tackling beast, Billings can find it, Steven we all know is a magnet, looks like Armo is back to his best from 2015, Newnes natural improvement.

I've actually really liked what I've seen from big Paddy McCartin too!

My smokey DT pick is Dylan Roberton, bloke should be freed up by Brown and Carlile coming back in and did go 82 in 2015!

LF

Quote from: elephants on March 14, 2017, 12:55:36 PM
Good signs from a few of the young boys - Steele a tackling beast, Billings can find it, Steven we all know is a magnet, looks like Armo is back to his best from 2015, Newnes natural improvement.

My smokey DT pick is Dylan Roberton, bloke should be freed up by Brown and Carlile coming back in and did go 82 in 2015!

Damn it ele keep him quiet haha :P
But seriously I agree with you about him after chatting with a certain Saints supporter
Liked how the Saints went last year and reckon they are prepped to go even better this season,likely to hit the bottom of the top 8 imo

elephants

Quote from: LF on March 14, 2017, 03:00:02 PM

But seriously I agree with you about him after chatting with a certain Saints supporter
Liked how the Saints went last year and reckon they are prepped to go even better this season,likely to hit the bottom of the top 8 imo

Haha nobody checks this board ;) All good :P

Nige

Quote from: LF on March 14, 2017, 03:00:02 PM

I said this to him earlier today as well.  :P

elephants

So my boy Robbo is killing it, but Shane Savage has spat out two horrendous scores. In his prime now at 26 years of age, I always thought he was going to be a premium.

Role not conducive to scoring? Or is he just in a rough patch of form?

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: elephants on April 07, 2017, 01:54:45 PM
So my boy Robbo is killing it, but Shane Savage has spat out two horrendous scores. In his prime now at 26 years of age, I always thought he was going to be a premium.

Role not conducive to scoring? Or is he just in a rough patch of form?
I think he can score well in his role, but the problem I guess is that role is similar to Robbo. and like you say Robbo has started pretty well so it's hard for Sav to put up good scores. still an important player for us but might be inconsistent for fantasy

Pkbaldy

Robbo has better awareness, which gets him much more of the ball. Essentially stealing disposals off Savage.

K, thx ele.