Main Menu

Saints offseason 2016/2017

Started by Bill Manspeaker, August 30, 2016, 09:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

Brenton Payne has just been delisted... did not expect that

haven't seen him play but have only read good things about him. reckon there's at least 3-4 players who I'd have thought would get the chop before him.

Luke Delaney, Tom Curren, Josh Saunders all delisted as well

Pkbaldy

Defs stiff. Thought he was developing well... Could nearly chop every rookie except Nicko.

Bill Manspeaker

yep, I reckon both Nicks are safe

Saunders will probably be delisted, Holmesy as well (if not this this year, next year) unless he shows a bit more improvement

meow meow

Shenton, Lee and Templeton should be chopped. Fisher should retire.

elephants

Templeton regularly getting it 30+ times in the VFL. Whats his problem? shower disposal?

Pkbaldy

Tom Curren, Luke Delaney and Josh Saunders to add to that list.

Templeton is a VFL player at best. Once he get's his chance in the seniors he gets 5-6 disposals playing on the wing all game.

Bill Manspeaker

Saunders is the big one... not so much because it's Saunders, moreso because #35 is now vacant!

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on August 31, 2016, 08:36:45 PM
Saunders is the big one... not so much because it's Saunders, moreso because #35 is now vacant!

For Fyfe

elephants

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 31, 2016, 08:57:20 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on August 31, 2016, 08:36:45 PM

For Fyfe
I approve  ;D

Quote from: elephants on August 31, 2016, 09:02:17 PM
So Eli survives?
yep for now. unless we have plans to trade him. wouldn't be worth anything though

I think he's worth persevering with. he was looking like a steal until he broke his arm. hopefully has a good preseason and works his way back into the team

elephants

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on August 31, 2016, 09:06:44 PM
So Eli survives?
yep for now. unless we have plans to trade him. wouldn't be worth anything though

I think he's worth persevering with. he was looking like a steal until he broke his arm. hopefully has a good preseason and works his way back into the team

Yeah thats what I thought man, his work in his first year was sick but I gotta say Jack Lonie looks an absolute gem haha probably in a similar role

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: elephants on August 31, 2016, 09:10:02 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on August 31, 2016, 09:06:44 PM
So Eli survives?

Yeah thats what I thought man, his work in his first year was sick but I gotta say Jack Lonie looks an absolute gem haha probably in a similar role
even Lonie had a pretty shower year! spent a lot of time in the VFL and didn't really do much when he got the call up. kicked 3 last week though and looked good. hopefully has a good finals series with Sandy 8)

Bill Manspeaker

http://m.saints.com.au/news/2016-08-31/sam-fisher-update

Quote“Ongoing conversations with Sam and his management have been transparent and productive,” he said.

“Sam has expressed his initial desire to play on in 2017 if this fits into the club’s list management strategy.

“At this stage, both parties will continue discussions ahead of the upcoming trade period, after which we will be in a better position to make a more informed decision about the future,” Bains said.

elephants

Sounds like the Saints are chasing a key possie defender?

iZander

Quote from: elephants on September 01, 2016, 12:36:54 PM
Sounds like the Saints are chasing a key possie defender?
Strange, they have carlisle to come in :P Guess they could do with another still