Main Menu

2016/17 List Management

Started by Mr.Craig, August 30, 2016, 03:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Rusty00

Happy that it appears the talk about Breust being traded was just that......talk :)

Mr.Craig

SydneyRox

How do you guys feel about whats happening?

S.Mitchell - Gone
T.Mitchell - In, but he was the Swans 5th best mid, so shouldnt be looked to as a saviour
T.Vickery - Struggled to get a game with Richmond?
J.Omera - Has talent but hasnt played in two years and is possibly made of paper mache

Rusty00

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 13, 2016, 11:40:24 AM
How do you guys feel about whats happening?

S.Mitchell - Gone
T.Mitchell - In, but he was the Swans 5th best mid, so shouldnt be looked to as a saviour
T.Vickery - Struggled to get a game with Richmond?
J.Omera - Has talent but hasnt played in two years and is possibly made of paper mache
Still haven't got my head around Mitch leaving. Seems like it benefits both him and the club and it would be better than the Boomer Harvey situation but it will be mighty tough watching him play for another team, particularly another top team :-\

Tom Mitchell is obviously a good acquisition and Vickery doesn't have to be a star, he just needs to play a role like David Hale did.

O'Meara I'm still undecided on but a lot will depend on what we give up for him. If it's just draft picks I'd feel more comfortable as opposed to giving up someone like Breust/Smith.

Whichever way it all pans out, Graeme Wright has given us no reason in the past not to back him in :)

elephants

JPK, Hanners, Parker, Mitch?

Can't tell me KJack or Lloyd are better than Mitch? :P

Holz

Quote from: elephants on October 13, 2016, 12:38:57 PM

depends if your talking current or future and if heeney and mills count as mids.

Heeney and Mills are better then Mitchell

elephants

Quote from: Holz on October 13, 2016, 12:55:40 PM

depends if your talking current or future and if heeney and mills count as mids.

Heeney and Mills are better then Mitchell

Well you're right it does depend whether you mean now or in future.

Because right now Heeney and Mills didnt play enougj oure midfield imo to be comparable to Mitchell.

In future I agree they'll be better.

But in future JPK will be ancient and KJack will probably be gone!

SydneyRox

Could mount a very good argument that based on this season Kjack was as good as Mitchell, but you might be right on 4th best

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=17&playerStatus2=A&tid2=17&type=A&pid1=3659&pid2=1711&fid1=S&fid2=S

What this doesn't measure though is heart and inspiration. Jack can and will do things to lift and inspire, very rarely do you see Mitchell do the same, he is an accumulator of possession and not as smart about it as S.Mitchell

I am unhappy to lose him, but given the choice between him and any of the other people mentioned so far, I pick Mitchell to leave first.

elephants

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 13, 2016, 01:20:50 PM

Could mount a very good argument that based on this season Kjack was as good as Mitchell, but you might be right on 4th best

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=17&playerStatus2=A&tid2=17&type=A&pid1=3659&pid2=1711&fid1=S&fid2=S

What this doesn't measure though is heart and inspiration. Jack can and will do things to lift and inspire, very rarely do you see Mitchell do the same, he is an accumulator of possession and not as smart about it as S.Mitchell

I am unhappy to lose him, but given the choice between him and any of the other people mentioned so far, I pick Mitchell to leave first.

Yeah I agree on that score, if only Jack kicked that goal in the GF after taking that mark!

Scrads

Quote from: elephants on October 13, 2016, 01:31:56 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on October 13, 2016, 01:20:50 PM

Yeah I agree on that score, if only Jack kicked that goal in the GF after taking that mark!

Except maybe the Grand Final where he was your 2nd best player? Haha

kilbluff1985

i'm interested to see how Titch goes as an attacking players instead of having roles i feel like this is a reason he was happy to leave

SydneyRox

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 13, 2016, 04:39:52 PM
i'm interested to see how Titch goes as an attacking players instead of having roles i feel like this is a reason he was happy to leave

Attacking as in having no defensive role? Cos he is too slow to be a running attacking kind of player and he rarely plays forward of the ball.

That is why he got roles with us, he could only play in the middle. He is the same player as S.Mitchell, but S.Mitchell has faster hands, reads the play better and can shake a tag.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 13, 2016, 06:43:30 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 13, 2016, 04:39:52 PM

Attacking as in having no defensive role? Cos he is too slow to be a running attacking kind of player and he rarely plays forward of the ball.

That is why he got roles with us, he could only play in the middle. He is the same player as S.Mitchell, but S.Mitchell has faster hands, reads the play better and can shake a tag.

well attacking like a Priddis and getting clearances

Mr.Craig

Listen, I know we dropped the ball in getting Titch. Our recruiting in the last decade has been horrible and we've paid a terrible toll with year after year of poor performances. Frankly I have no faith in Wright and Clarkson, their history of failure is all too clear and we can't move forward as a club until these rotten apples are weeded out.