Rookie List

#38 - Luke Surman
#39 - Alex Woodward
#44 - Conor Glass
#45 - Jermaine Miller-Lewis
#46 - Lachlan Langford
#47 - Shem Tatupu

Delistings

As per AFL rules 3 players need to be delisted from the senior list. Spangher and Webster are two obvious candidates but beyond that it's a very difficult call. Willsmore and Heatherley remain uncontracted for 2017 but would be unlucky to receive the chop. From the rookie list, Miller-Lewis and Langford are the most likely to be shown the door.

Retirements

Outside of Spangher potentially hanging up the boots it appears everyone is going around again.

Trades

Tyrone Vickery to Hawthorn (Free Agency)

Tom Mitchell to Hawthorn (Picks 14, 53 for Pick 57)

Bradley Hill to Fremantle (Pick 23)

Sam Mitchell to West Coast (Picks 54, 72, for Picks 52, 70 and 88)

Draft

Current Picks -

It's always hard to identify what type of player Hawthorn will target. I haven't made my mind up yet who I like for the available picks (it's unlikely they will stay the same anyway).

Scrads

Looks like we're interested in signing Vickery as a free agent. Does that mean we're not expecting Roughy to come back? :(

Rusty00

Quote from: Scrads on September 01, 2016, 10:40:14 AM
Looks like we're interested in signing Vickery as a free agent. Does that mean we're not expecting Roughy to come back? :(
Could be a bit of an insurance in case he doesn't come back but also as cover for Ceglar next season in the fwd/ruck role.

Nige

Treat my boy well. If anyone can get the best out of Tyrone, you'd think Hawthorn would be the ones to do it.

Gigantor

Quote from: Nige on September 01, 2016, 03:06:49 PM
Treat my boy well. If anyone can get the best out of Tyrone, you'd think Hawthorn would be the ones to do it.

Can you read anything into this regarding Roughead? Like he might not be coming back?

Nige

Quote from: Gigantor on September 01, 2016, 03:19:14 PM
Quote from: Nige on September 01, 2016, 03:06:49 PM

Can you read anything into this regarding Roughead? Like he might not be coming back?
Hard to say really. It's probably somewhat precautionary but Vickery getting a fresh start will probably be good for him. He's honestly not even that bad and pretty much suffered from being the whipping boy.

I mean, I think we all know there's a realistic chance that Roughy might not come back but everyone is hoping for the best there. Personally I reckon that Hawks have just identified Tyrone as a player that's clearly struggling and on the table but might thrive in their system.

Mr.Craig

I mentioned to Scrads that it probably has a bit to do with losing Ceglar for the year. It's also possible O'Brien might be moved on next year which would make someone like Vickery handy.

Gigantor

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 02, 2016, 04:09:19 PM
I mentioned to Scrads that it probably has a bit to do with losing Ceglar for the year. It's also possible O'Brien might be moved on next year which would make someone like Vickery handy.

Thats a good point, just because Fitzpatrick kicks one game winning goal doesn't mean he is the perfect cover for next year. And Pittonet is still unproven so Vickery could be handy back up for Big Boy

nas

SydneyRox

How do the hawks get the job done if GC want two first round picks??

Especially if they also want to get Mitchell and Viney?? not every player they are getting rid of... Hill, Whitecross etc are worth 1st round picks

Ricochet

Quote from: SydneyRox on September 13, 2016, 03:29:12 PM

Especially if they also want to get Mitchell and Viney?? not every player they are getting rid of... Hill, Whitecross etc are worth 1st round picks
Viney??

Koop

First rounder + Langford?

Or First rounder and the pick they get from Freo for Hill?

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ricochet on September 13, 2016, 03:31:35 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on September 13, 2016, 03:29:12 PM

Viney??

LOL- not sure how I typed viney instead of vickery

Mr.Craig

Scrads

Vickery locked in.

Tom Mitchell requests to come to us.

JOM deal in the works.

Let's go Wrighty and co!