TheRetroSpectoScope

Started by lozza63, March 24, 2010, 05:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lozza63

So was just reflecting on last year's fairly common selections and what would have made a handy squad.

Backs: Goddard, Enright, Hargrave, Gibert, Houlihan, Hurn, Hill - Petrenko, Dawson
Mids: Ablett, Selwood, Gibbs, Swallow, Rich, Otten - Robinson, Beams

Rucks: Cox, McIntosh - Spencer, Jacobs

Forws: Riewoldt, Deledio, ROK, Rioli, Higgins, Krakouer, Skipworth - Ziebell, Walker

The beauty of last year was 3 sub-220k bargains up forward and 3 x 300k bargains up back!

Do we have the same pickings this year - probably not as obvious - in the forwards.
Although in the backs - Hunt, Kennelly and Malceski are all giving us good vibes.

The forward consensus seems to be valued 100k or above than last years value
and to be honest the selections here have at one time or another struck the fear of GOD into us all.

I mean Bazza - will he be good all year - tentatively - yes - just get ready to duck now and then.

Medders - so the 2008 season is par for the course - not sure!

JZ and Danger - these two should be solid enough but gee not premium quality yet are they? I mean i doubt they'll be as good as Higgins - NO WAY!

Bob Murphy - love this guy is silky smooth, but will i get my 20 games - not so sure!

Mayne, Ballantyne, Warren, Wright, Campbell - ???? really don't want to risk more than one of these here do we?

Ah decisions decisions and to think we all moaned about injuries last year - at least the picking thing was easier!

I am sure my rookie mid and beef up around the forwards and to  a lesser extent the backs is the best option for me - i don't really know but!

Sooorry for the effusive drivel - understand any backlash gals/guys

Cool9

Thought it was just me finding team selection super tricky this year. Basically a complete of absence of rookies / serious mid-pricers in all but the midfield

#%$^& oh and there's the backlash

Torress

gday!
well for starters i'm looking forward to riding the big bad bazza train this year. gonna kick (BIG) bags throughout the year. hopefully he starts with a massive one against that filth team. with his scoring potential he's a keeper, isn't he???  hell yea!
last year's midpricers were easier, this year you've got to splash out a little. depends on ones structure big time this year, i for one am running 14 keepers with 3 starting midfield rookies with medders and waters being my B7 and F7....   only 3 hours to go, tigers in for a belting tonight IMO!!!