BXVs Retirements and Delistings for 2016/2017

Started by GoLions, August 10, 2016, 04:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

So we have a vote to give some leniency to coaches who do not follow the rules. What will be the next one o i missed my 2hrs on draft selection can I have some leniency so I do not want to created precedents.

There has been 11 weeks to delist players and that should be sufficient even allowing for exams.

Remember British has some different rules to Worlds and other xv's so as to not be the same and this one has been in force for 5 years as to when players are to be de-listed.

Torpedo10

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 19, 2016, 06:28:52 PM
i say do a vote let coaches decide on torps fate i think its stiff not very good for the comp either
Thanks for the understanding KB.

LF

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 19, 2016, 06:28:52 PM
i say do a vote let coaches decide on torps fate i think its stiff not very good for the comp either

And I will vote no
I rechecked my list again yesterday to finalise mine and today looked again realising I've missed a player,so now I have to wear that and so does anyone else that has done it or just not done any at all

Torpedo10

Quote from: Ringo on November 19, 2016, 06:34:08 PM
So we have a vote to give some leniency to coaches who do not follow the rules. What will be the next one o i missed my 2hrs on draft selection can I have some leniency so I do not want to created precedents.

There has been 11 weeks to delist players and that should be sufficient even allowing for exams.

Remember British has some different rules to Worlds and other xv's so as to not be the same and this one has been in force for 5 years as to when players are to be de-listed.
Not strictly true Ringo;

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,97911.150.html

Only in 2015/16 & this period have we been held back to the National Draft to do delistings, back in the 14/15 offseason we were given until the Rookie Draft.

Either way I understand the consequences, just disappointed because personally I'd have shown leniency in this particular situation to a fellow coach.

Ringo

Rookie draft now is done earlier hence why the decision is made. Rookie Draft is on Monday 28th November. So we need to have both the National and Rookie Draft orders sorted before the draft.

GoLions

Quote from: Rusty00 on November 19, 2016, 09:34:22 AM
Crap! I was sure I had delisted Brooksby :-[
If people want to check in case I missed any delistings, that would be swell :P

I did a lot on my phone and could have very easily missed someone! I think I got everything though, and team list by position thread should be up to date now as well.

GoLions

All delistings should be updated in UF except for the Breakers, as for some reason UF only let me delist Josh Prudden... :P

GoLions

Quote from: GoLions on November 19, 2016, 10:55:48 PM
All delistings should be updated in UF except for the Breakers, as for some reason UF only let me delist Josh Prudden... :P
It gradually started working, all teams should be up to date now :)

SydneyRox

Not to be too difficult, but I have also missed two guys who got dlisted/retired late

What are my chances?? :)

Jack Fitzpatrick and Jarrod Garlett

Pretty please???

GoLions

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 21, 2016, 03:17:49 PM
Not to be too difficult, but I have also missed two guys who got dlisted/retired late

What are my chances?? :)

Jack Fitzpatrick and Jarrod Garlett

Pretty please???
Unfortunately you'll be stuck with them for the season, sorry mate. Couple other coaches have already said they missed one or two delistings but are copping it (or hoping they get picked up in the rookie), and obviously after Torp and Vinny didn't make any delistings, we have to be consistent here :)

SydneyRox

meh - i held nick obrien for a year and didnt even know he wasnt playing, so not too fussed.

Vinny

My bad, been so out of it lately cause of exams. Rules are rules though! Just came on and looked through all XV threads cause of the draft.

Rusty00

I knew their was a reason I didn't delist Brooksby ;) :P

Ringo

GoLions

Quote from: Rusty00 on November 28, 2016, 05:33:54 PM
I knew their was a reason I didn't delist Brooksby ;) :P
Marcon didn't get picked up, neither did Cameron. Ah well :-\