Fantasy Premier League 2016/2017 season

Started by Spite, August 07, 2016, 06:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

Spite

Quote from: nrich102 on August 08, 2016, 05:53:59 PM
I'll be the first person to post their team.

So how far off track am I? From what I take from the scoring, wingers generally score better than those in the middle? I feel like I'm spending too much on the forwards at the cost of he mids, with the kids really falling away after Hazard/Payet.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Not too far off mate, you have just spent too much down back which hurts the team as a whole. And you've broken the number one rule of "always start aguero" :P

Spending a lot on forwards is fine because they score. They can score multiple goals and so aren't really capped for how many points they can get. Defenders just get 4 points for clean sheet and rarely score so that is why heavy investment isn't encouraged as CS are generally more of a lottery

PowerBug

Reasons behind my team:
- United, Totteham have a good draw early, so Darmain, Walker, De Gea hopegully give me points. Eriksen, Kane and Ibra are guns anyway
- Costa is decent, may yet look at changing him to Aguero and Eriksen to someone priced $5.5 or less
- Hector is from Arsenal and I need to start on Gunner
- Amat, Lowton two cheap defenders not really planning on starting them ever
- Redmond apparently going to play Striker to start the season? I like that
- Townsend, Feghouli idk I just read stuff on the PL website that said they might be good
- Danny Drinkwater has an awesome name
- Jakupovic seems to be in lots of teams

Spite you're the legend here, thoughts? Anyone we just have to pick/not pick?

great white

Spite

Quote from: great white on August 10, 2016, 12:02:46 AM
I am back to defend my title WINNING!

Looking forward to catching you this year mate! Maybe my TC will get me more than 3 points this season  ::)  :P

Spite

Quote from: PowerBug on August 09, 2016, 11:36:02 PM

Reasons behind my team:
- United, Totteham have a good draw early, so Darmain, Walker, De Gea hopegully give me points. Eriksen, Kane and Ibra are guns anyway
- Costa is decent, may yet look at changing him to Aguero and Eriksen to someone priced $5.5 or less
- Hector is from Arsenal and I need to start on Gunner
- Amat, Lowton two cheap defenders not really planning on starting them ever
- Redmond apparently going to play Striker to start the season? I like that
- Townsend, Feghouli idk I just read stuff on the PL website that said they might be good
- Danny Drinkwater has an awesome name
- Jakupovic seems to be in lots of teams

Spite you're the legend here, thoughts? Anyone we just have to pick/not pick?

Yeah quite a few things need to change. You've gone expensive down back and also up front, this makes your team not very flexible which is super important.

Darmian isn't starting for united so he needs to go. Bellerin I do not like just because Arsenal do not have a great early draw and also they do not have any fit CBs and I'm not sure they will keep CS early. He certainly isn't cheap, hes the most expensive defender in the game.

Don't have 2 4.0 defenders that don't play or you get a zero if one of your defenders doesn't start. Make one a 4.5 (keep amat).

(Do bellerin to a 5.5 and darmian to a 4.5, as well as lowton to a 4.5 and then rotate the 4.5s based on fixtures).

Pick ferghouli or drinkwater, but not both. The midfield is super weak and it's not worth it, drop a striker. A 6.5 striker will score more goals and points than what a 6.5 mid will score. So downgrade a striker to a 6.5 and upgrade a 5.5 mid to a 8.5+ mid and then drop down the other 5.5 to a 4.5 bench mid, someone like capoue or holsberg or fletcher.

Your team will look ten times better and more capable of jumping on guns players who start hot

Nige

So the league is the same one from last season? Good as!

Haven't really done my research yet (though I probably should asap lel).

Team is currently:

Schmeichel
Fuchs, Alderweireld, Monreal
Eriksen, Redmond, Fabregas, Payet
Negredo, Zlatan, Vardy

Jakupovic, Amat, Capoue, Ogbonna

PowerBug

Cheers Spite :) I think Amat and Lowton will play from what I have looked up, but McAuley seems to have a decent run so rolled with him. Gone with Negredo at ST3 as well behind Zlatan and Kane to open up funds to turn Feghouli to any mid I want (Which is the tough bit :P)

Keeper27

this is my squad. took a few risks.
Foster @ GK1. injured most of last season. besides last year he's avg'd 117.6 the 5 years before that.
gone for a "safe" DEF (4x100)
a "safe" MID (4x150) with the hopes that Firmino can push 200  ;)  (YNWA  :P )
Aguero is a must for captain, and Ibra will get his 20 goal avg ever since he joined Juve.

my bench is so common LOL, i see most teams have it

T Dog

My bench is unique then..lol... :o
Stekelenberg; Mendy; B.Smith and Klavan.

timmyparso

Look out for team IbraTIMovic!!

Valdes  (Pickford)
Stones, Bellerin, Valencia (Taylor, Smith)
Payet, Hazard, Alli, Townsend (Hojbjerg)
Ibrahimovic, Gray, Negredo

fanTCfool

I don't follow EPL or Soccer in general, so:
a) help me pick a club to follow
and
b) let me know which players are the cheap locks!

Nige

I'd advise following Chelsea or Leicester, no bias.  :P

Keeper27

Quote from: fanTCfool on August 12, 2016, 08:38:04 PM
a) help me pick a club to follow

Quote from: fanTCfool on August 12, 2016, 08:38:04 PMb) let me know which players are the cheap locks!

basic structure is...

GK - 1 x (4.5 - 5.5) & 1 x (4.0 playing cheapie who'll gain money)
DEF - 2-3 x (5.0 - 6.0) 2-3 (4.0 - 4.5 playing cheapie who'll gain money)
MID - 3-4 x (7.5 - 11.0) & 1-2 x (4.5 - 5.5 playing cheapie who'll gain money)
FWD - 2 x (9.0 - 13.0) & 1 x (4.5 - 6.5 playing cheapie who'll gain money)

cheapies - Amat, Fletcher, Gray, Jakupovic, feghouli, friend, Mee, lowton, Kante

try and find FWDs who're listed as MIDs.

hope that helps.

WhatMate

I agree with keeper RE: choosing a club to follow

Havent done this for ages, all of a sudden there is some new stuff? All Out Attack, Bench Boost,Triple Captain????

Here's the team:

De Gea (Jakupovic)
Walker, Baines, N.Taylor (McAuley, Amat)
Payet, Firmino, Shaqiri, Redmond (Fletcher)
Aguero, Ibrahimovic, Negredo