WXV Official Trade Confabulation

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2016, 09:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: elephants on October 19, 2016, 01:18:37 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 19, 2016, 10:55:43 AM
Jock Cornell and Wylie Buzzer are great names - how's that working out for them :P

Nah I was just mucking around, but if I had a pick inside the 10 I wouldn't be grabbing English

Haha wish you had N1-N9 and I had N10 :p

What % of rucks actually turn out to become good SC scorers?

Not a lot, so don't expect too much from English

Might go alright, but this is an SC game  ;)

Pkbaldy

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 19, 2016, 01:22:21 PM
Jock Cornell and Wylie Buzzer are great names - how's that working out for them :P

Nah I was just mucking around, but if I had a pick inside the 10 I wouldn't be grabbing English

English is defs worth it. Anywhere from N7-N15. Depending on the teams needs.

GoLions

Better than OOP ;)

A playing ruck could have won you your semi against the Jags! if they scored about 300

Jroo

GoLions

RaisyDaisy

Holz

if your talking first round Rucks then in the last 10 years

Brodie Grundy
Billy Longer
Daniel Gorringe
Nic Nat
Matt Kreuzer
Matthew Lobbe
Matthew Leuenberger

Grundy NN guns and some of the most valuable players in the comp.

Kreuzer is a gun but cant stay healthy, still worth a top 10 pick if you could get a guy who could repeat his career.

Burger Lobbe have had good seasons but have dropped away, wouldnt call it a bust if you took them 5-10.

Longer is decent depth but yeah not a great pick

Gorringe is a spud.

so actually not too bad.

If i had a top 10 pick then he would be gone.

so of the tiny sample size 28.5% - 42.8% of first round rucks turn out to be guns with 71% having at least one premo year.

I would give a top 10 pick to get just 2 years out of lobbe with his 85 in 2013 and 100 in 2014.

elephants

Well probably about half of first choice rucks are good SC scorers... And as every team needs one or else you're playing a crab or an OOP that only adds value.

English is widely tipped to be Freo's pick 7 in the AFL, whose current ruck stocks go something like Old Bloke, Spud, Spud so you'd do the math and suss English would probably be future #1 ;)

Not sure how you can go from not knowing who English is to then not rating him as a top 10 talent :P

Holz

Quote from: elephants on October 19, 2016, 01:55:12 PM

Well probably about half of first choice rucks are good SC scorers... And as every team needs one or else you're playing a crab or an OOP that only adds value.

English is widely tipped to be Freo's pick 7 in the AFL, whose current ruck stocks go something like Old Bloke, Spud, Spud so you'd do the math and suss English would probably be future #1 ;)

Not sure how you can go from not knowing who English is to then not rating him as a top 10 talent :P

hes also a midfielder who grew tall and is now learning to ruck. So he might not be the best ruck but he should find the ball. Kinda reminds me of Stef Martin and he is a decent SCer

elephants

Quote from: Holz on October 19, 2016, 01:57:43 PM

hes also a midfielder who grew tall and is now learning to ruck. So he might not be the best ruck but he should find the ball. Kinda reminds me of Stef Martin and he is a decent SCer

After SC changed the rules, it makes tap ruckman less dominant imo so thats definitely a plus.

Torpedo10

Spud? ZClarke is a gun. Well that's what you told us.  ;)

GoLions

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 19, 2016, 02:31:52 PM

I'm sure he's a gun at something, just not footy.

Holz

Quote from: GoLions on October 19, 2016, 02:36:55 PM

I'm sure he's a gun at something, just not footy.

can grow a decent afro

Pity you dont get SC points for that.

im happy i got Charlie Dixon and Bob Murphy out of him after his 96 average year.

elephants

Spud-Gun

meow meow

Jack Trengove for a pick in the 30's anyone?