WXV Official Trade Confabulation

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2016, 09:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 14, 2016, 10:30:25 AM
Quote from: Ringo on September 14, 2016, 09:45:16 AM
It is just ham strunging me a little Oss.  I have only $167k wriggle room.  And if a pick is involved in any trade as a combination I run the risk of falling below minimum cap. This is my argument for allowing to fall below in trading if gaining a pick but I will live with the rules and keep trying.
eg one of the trade proposals for Cunnington proposed was Player X + 1st Round pick which to me was solid but dropped me 47k below minimum cap.
Just a little explanation as to why.

You know a Pick is worth 100k though right?

If you're trading or receiving picks plus players, it should be pretty easy to do so and stay above the cap
Know that but you missed the point that during trading pick is not worth 100k as shown by my example. If it was then I would have been ok with the trade as I still would have been above the minimum cap. So maybe the answer is to allocate picks as 100k when trading.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ringo on September 14, 2016, 10:57:29 AM
It is just ham strunging me a little Oss.  I have only $167k wriggle room.  And if a pick is involved in any trade as a combination I run the risk of falling below minimum cap. This is my argument for allowing to fall below in trading if gaining a pick but I will live with the rules and keep trying.
eg one of the trade proposals for Cunnington proposed was Player X + 1st Round pick which to me was solid but dropped me 47k below minimum cap.

If you're trading or receiving picks plus players, it should be pretty easy to do so and stay above the cap
Know that but you missed the point that during trading pick is not worth 100k as shown by my example. If it was then I would have been ok with the trade as I still would have been above the minimum cap. So maybe the answer is to allocate picks as 100k when trading.

I just assumed they were

Yeah, picks need to be allocated 100k and factored in to the cap for sure during the trade period. They clearly have currency, so to not be recognised now while trading but to then be recognised a little later in the year isn't right

RaisyDaisy

On the flipside though, like Rico said just use some of your mid draft picks to get in decent depth which helps your side and increases your cap

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 14, 2016, 11:05:04 AM
Quote from: Ringo on September 14, 2016, 10:57:29 AM

I just assumed they were

Yeah, picks need to be allocated 100k and factored in to the cap for sure during the trade period. They clearly have currency, so to not be recognised now while trading but to then be recognised a little later in the year isn't right
This is exactly what I was saying when it got voted in :P

meow meow

Surely they add 100k?! Depending on list size of course. If you've got 20 players and 40 picks only 20 picks should count but that's better than 0 counting.

ossie85

The pick at $100k thing seems fair to me

RaisyDaisy

If anyone has picks in the 20-40 range, and are open to trading them - hit me up and tell me what you'd need

meow meow

3 horse race for Jake Stringer at the moment. I'm holding up other potential deals so I should hurry up and make a decision. If you're interested in him let me know ASAP because it's likely that he'll be gone soon.

Purple 77

The cap wants to encourage getting in competitive depth to those close to the minimum. Draft picks, generally, are not.

I'd wager those close to the minimum cap will be below it after delistments. The draft picks would probably get it back over the 9.1 mill minimum

RaisyDaisy

Ringo, if cap points is what you need, I'm happy to inject nearly 900k into your list

Gibbo + Waite for Pick 6 :P

Torpedo10

elephants

Quote from: Torpedo10 on September 14, 2016, 12:35:22 PM
N5 could well be up for grabs.  ;)

N91 might be on the table if the offer is good.

iZander

elephants

Quote from: iZander on September 14, 2016, 12:39:23 PM
Quote from: elephants on September 14, 2016, 12:37:38 PM

John Butcher? ;)

Haha I'd like to report you for that offer. Pick 91 is more than 18 times better than N5

iZander

Quote from: elephants on September 14, 2016, 12:42:25 PM
Quote from: iZander on September 14, 2016, 12:39:23 PM
Quote from: elephants on September 14, 2016, 12:37:38 PM

John Butcher? ;)

Haha I'd like to report you for that offer. Pick 91 is more than 18 times better than N5
m8, butcher went 132 in round 19, GUN