Choosing your team - do not go overboard.

Started by MissPies, March 23, 2010, 06:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissPies

OK lets start by saying one thing. We all have our lovable players from
2009 that we all want again in 2010. So where do you start when choosing your SC.
The main thing to look for is accuracy. This is where most SC points are scored. There is no point grabbing a player that had x amount of kicks if he has many clangers (kicking to opposition), this just will not fit into SC..DT yes but not SC.

Skill is a 100% player who no matter what circumstances he is given will make the most of it. Rain, hail or shine.

I will give you a run down on things to look for in SC scoring, the site itself does not give you a complete scoring system due to the fact it depends on the player, where he is at on the board TOG and to many other LIVE game variations to consider me mentioning.

Firstly. Possessions are highly rated in DT but what a player does with a possession in SC makes or breaks a score.
Anything that and YES I MEAN ANYTHING that is ineffective once received in SC will either give your player a 0 or a minus eeeek yes.

So who do we choose?
FanFooty has a clever database not only on SC and DT scores but also the level of accuracy.
The higher the better.

Find player to fit the mould that have
1. A lot of kicks that DO NOT get turned over to opposition.
2. Contested marks give a lot of points.
3. And of course the goal which is an 8 pointer.
4. A tackle in SC points is highly regarded only if it is necessary to take, if the play could have contested the mark rather than tackle then he will score more.
IE: we all saw the 39 point kick!!! (I do not believe I need to say who!)

But to break it down. Players who touch,hand pass, kick etc do not have much of an effect UNLESS it is ACCURATE!!!

I stress this in SC because that is exactly how points are scored.

Lets say someone gets a mark uncontested, in DT this is highly regarded, but in SC it really means nothing unless the person that marked does something usefull/accurate with the ball.

Be weary..DT scores will give you everything, but an in accurate goal, pass, possession.mark, kick will get a minus score.

Food for thought.

Cheers