The Socceroos/Matildas thread

Started by PowerBug, June 08, 2016, 02:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

For all things Socceroos and Matildas related. I couldn't find anything on them looking down the page and didn't want to make a thread about two friendly matches from the last couple of days, better to start one up that might actually get replies ;)

I went last night to the match at Docklands, woweeeeee Maniatis what a goal 8)

nrich102

Im keen to talk socceroos but dont have foxtel  >:( >:(

What do people think about Anges comments on the pitches? Reading the comments on FB people seem to have pretty mixed opinions ranging from hell yeah lets build stadiums to flower you soccer isnt even a sport.

The way I see it is that a few football only stadiums in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide (Do they already have one??) would be the ideal scenario, but its not financially viable now, so will take a while until that can happen. I also don't trust the FFA and I think that other than Lowry/Ange, everyone is incompetent. Think for now we'll just have to put up with sub standard pitches, but with improved scheduling (Not 3 days after origin) we should manage.

My Chumps

Aaron Mooy absolutely killing it for top of the table Huddersfield in the Championship. Article calling him the best player in the league and "Zidane-like" :o ;D

And Tommy Rogic starting regularly and scoring goals for Celtic. Good signs!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/aussies-abroad/roo-radar-mooy-likened-to-zidane-rogic-scores-again-for-celtic-jones-saves-feyenoord-again/news-story/281cf75f3588024c288eaa0ac675bc21
http://outside90.com/huddersfield-manager-shrouds-mooy-in-praise-after-2-1-win-against-qpr/

tbagrocks

Have made known for a while but this boy, Aaron Mooy is my boy!

But although a lot of our best players play for lesser clubs although in top leagues except Kruse who is now fit playing in the German D2. They are dominating their leagues!

I'd rather my boy Mooy at a big club but the bottom line is ......  Australia lead 1-0 H/T against Syria, so from here, we get to another knockout stage of the World Cup against an American team ::)

But with my boy Mooy and the boys Rogic, Juric, Kruse, Ryan, Cahill ETC ..... (Will the others please stand up)

I am confident we will not blow this WC campaign? !! ?  ???

PowerBug

shaker

Quote from: PowerBug on October 06, 2017, 01:57:13 AM
We suck
Don't know why we even bother am I wrong but isn't Syria basically been destroyed by war  :o