9Swiss Storm4041610250
10Svalbard Valkyries206810850
11Spanish Stallions20689948
12Croatian Crushers20689722
13Swedish Metal20689559
14Belarus Bison20689220

Fixture

English Lions vs Iceland Polar Bears
The Lions midfield went bang last week and scored a ton of points, if they can keep that, England will improve on 7th and be a lock for finals. They'll want to keep scoring well to make up the gap between them and the six teams above them because of how close the competition is. Iceland have had a fairly good year but would want to be scoring a bit more. With quite a bit of depth and plenty of quality captaincy options, the Polar Bears will be keen to get the win to keep be a game ahead of the pack. England in a close one I think.

Serbian Eagles vs Macedonian Wolves
Serbia still have the most points scored and exactly 1000 more than the team one spot above them. Coach nrich would be frustrated by how the team is tracking, but they have a good opportunity for a win here and just need to get the result with no excuses. Macedonia are hanging on to the 8 which isn't ideal as the defending champions, but they're stuck in a pack of 5 teams locked at 4-4. This game has a lot riding on it for both teams, but I sense the Eagles will want it that tad bit more.

Belarus Bison vs Belgian Bashers
This one could get ugly. Belarus are well and truly on struggle street at the moment yet remarkably they are locked in with 5 other teams on 2-6. Winning this one would get them out of that mess, but the scoring power just doesn't seem to be there right now which is arguably their biggest issue. Speaking of scoring power, the Bashers are capable of doing very very well which is why they'd be annoyed at losing by a single point last week. With that on their minds, don't be surprised if they come out all guns blazing and put up a really good score on their way to what should be a simple victory.

Croatian Crushers vs Greek Titans
Croatia are content to not be on the bottom of the ladder, which I suppose is an achievement. Being competitive is always a plus, so that's what you can expect from Croatia regardless of the result. They're in for a tough week though, because the opposition isn't going to be easy to beat. Greece are still our ladders leaders after 8 weeks having not dropped a game yet. The Titans just keep finding a way to win games and it seems likely that is going to continue this week given the opponent. Greek fans will like the sound of 9-0 and that's likely where they'll be at the end of the week.

Swiss Storm vs Svalbard Valkyries
Oh boy, how did they do it?! Switzerland somehow managed an away win last week by just a point and probably have Marc Murphy to thank for it. They'll be keen to keep the momentum going and take out Svalbard and jump back into the 8, but that's going to be a lot easier said than done. Svalbard are absolutely the most unlucky team in the comp. The Storm are only one place above them and have scored 600 point less and the team below them in the Stallions are 900 points behind. To be 2-6, coach Ziplock must have done something terrible to acquire this kind of luck. One has to wonder whether the Storm used up all their luck last week, if yes, then Svalbard might finally hit the jackpot.

Swedish Metal vs Russian Roulettes
The Metal, like the Crushers, are looking at the minor victories such as not being last. That's all well and good as long as it continues. However, it goes without saying that they wouldn't mind the taste of victory but they're gonna have to perform well and cause an upset to make that happen. The Roulettes wouldn't be happy to have dropped last week's game to the Hulks and you wonder if that's going to be a mental road block. Alternatively, it could mean that they'll be fired and up be plain ol' mean towards the Swedish boys. That seems more likely than not to me, Russia with ease you'd think.

Spanish Stallions vs Hungarian Hulks
The Stallions got a win last week and managed to leapfrog a bunch of teams into 11th, coach Spinking would love that. A lot of things just went right and that will probably have to be the case this week too if they're gonna get back-to-back wins because the opponent won't show any mercy. The merciless folk I speak of are none other than the Hungarian Hulks, stil annoyed from dropping a game but happy they're only one game behind the team on top. Hungary aren't going to slow down in their quest for glory, so the Stallions will have to run with them, but it's hard to see it happening.

Hellopplz

Loving the summaries Nige! Keep up the great work :D.

This is certainly a danger game with the fight over spots in the 8. Not to mention with the form the Lions midfield is in... I have to really hope they have a downer for a chance to win it. If Steven/Armi stay relatively quiet, I should be in with every chance to consolidate my spot in the top 4. Game on JB!

Also:
Quote from: Nige on May 30, 2016, 02:00:55 PM
Serbian Eagles vs Macedonian Wolves
Serbia still have the most points scored and exactly 1000 more than the team one spot above them.
It's cause we know how to win games here at Iceland ;). #SerbianChokers

Holz

Great write ups again nige.

Spinking i like you but, Hungary will run right through spain.

nrich102

Serbia going to be the first team to score the most total points and finish 14th?

Team named in the spreadsheet.

Scrads

Wolves

B: KK, Duryea, J.Gibbo, Zilliams
M: Ebo, L.Shiela, D.Shiela, Bernie
R: Stef
F: Gunner, Daisy, Chad, Brooooooost
U: Crisp, S.Gibbo

E: Lyons(F), Leuy(R/F), Sutcliffe(B)

LF

Croatia

Def: Roberton,Stretch,MacMillan,McGovern
Mids: Sloane(C),Hartlett,Wallis,Mills
Ruck: McEvoy
Fwd: Lynch,Mayne,Edwards,Wells
U: Hewett,Blakely
E: Lambert,Roughead,Sheppard

Hellopplz

The Icelandic "Lion Slaying" Polar Bears

Backs: A. Mackie, J. McVeigh, C. Dempsey, T. Sheridan
Mids: J. Lewis (VC), M. Duncan, A. Swallow, D. Tyson
Ruck: S. Mumford
Fwds: Z. Merrett (C), N. Riewoldt, J. Westhoff, J. Waite
Int: L. Picken, S. Kerridge

Emg: C. Rioli (F), I. Heeney (F), T. Cole (D), C. Sinclair (R)

IN: T. Sheridan
OUT: H. Grundy

I just can't choose some forwards again :(. Have Rioli, Heeney and Henderson waiting in the wings, but Waite/Kerridge been pretty handy this season and Westhoff in some decent forward. Rioli and Henderson a bit up and down so not sure if I can trust them.

Spinking

Stallions

Def: D Rich, S Docherty, T McDonald, M Baguley
Mid: P Dangerfield (C), L Whitfield, D Parish, J Macrae
Ruck: N Naitanui
Fwd: S Lycett, L Taylor, D Lang, S Kersten
Utility: T Miller, J Weitering

Emg: S May, P Wright, S Morris

Nige

Swiss Storm

Rance, Dea, Wagner, Fantasia
Wines, Jack, Grigg (vc), Prestia
Ceglar
Dahl (c), Walters, Hawkins, McLean
Oliver, Byrne

Jetta, Menzel, Geary

Atto

QuoteThe Metal, like the Crushers, are looking at the minor victories such as not being last.

You actually could not have written a more accurate statement. But last = number 1 pick, so there's that.

Nige

Quote from: Atto on June 03, 2016, 01:16:57 PM
QuoteThe Metal, like the Crushers, are looking at the minor victories such as not being last.

You actually could not have written a more accurate statement. But last = number 1 pick, so there's that.
Hahaha, I was very tempting to mention the battle for the number 1 pick, but I thought I should save it for a few rounds time when the battle really heats up.

Spite

Titans

Pittard   Vlastuin   Rampe   Tomlinson

Hanners (C)   Sidey (VC)   Coniglio   Ross

Gawn         

Jmart   Steele   Daniel   Stanley

B.Ellis   Libba      

E: Scully   Smedts   Guthrie   

Ziplock

the valkyries are currently in a 'flower our team' state.

B: Spurr, Laird, Bugg, Haynes
M: Ward, Gaff, Ziebell (V), Hunter (C)
R: Nicholls
F: Christensen, Watts, Hickey, Johnson
U: j Kelly, Caddy

E: Hanley (M), Cunnington (R) Lynch (F), Mcdonald (B)

Ziplock

just clarification, if nicholls doesnt play can hickey go to ruck and lynch go in as forward?

Rids

Russian Roulettes

B: Enright, Savage, Burgoyne, Mayes

M: Ablett (vc), Boak, Greenwood, Miles

R: Tippett

F: Zorko (c), Motlop, Montagna (vc), Greene

U: Bontempelli, Kreuzer

Emerg: Garland, Bell, Gorringe, Petracca