How valuable is DPP?

Started by BlackBomber, May 24, 2016, 05:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackBomber

Judd Magic

Somewhat important I'd say.

GoLions

I kind of want to keep my fwd/mid link, but if I want Hopper and Matho, then I think I might have to lose it. Hopper/Beastmode is probably worth losing it as well.

Oliver probably doesn't have too much more cash to make as well. In saying this though, the dpp link could be very useful once the byes come...butttttt I'll cross that bridge when I get to it :P

Grufflez

I am coming to grips with losing it but with Gray my mids are complete.
I'll try and reestablish it asap when a suitable rookie pops up.

Holz

I reckon you need it during the byes with 11 mids spots unless you have planned for your byes perfectly. im currently running with Lids at m8.

Big Mac

Quote from: Holz on May 24, 2016, 05:27:28 PM
I reckon you need it during the byes with 11 mids spots unless you have planned for your byes perfectly. im currently running with Lids at m8.

Isn't Lids fwd only?

Holz

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 24, 2016, 05:30:09 PM
Quote from: Holz on May 24, 2016, 05:27:28 PM

Isn't Lids fwd only?

probably when i say lids is my m8 i mean traded oliver to lids and swithced a F/M in. I think Dmart is actually my M8

fanTCfool

If I get Hopper in this week, I will lose my DPP link, but will work hard to try and get it back before the byes, it's pretty important as mentioned by previous posters.

tor01doc

Just wanted a few thoughts regarding the value DPP offers.

For example, looking at trading BenKen out and grabbing Mathieson. Means moving BenKen to mids to facilitate the trade which leaves me a bit short on F/M DPP.

Another example is Adams, Tippa, Brown D/F DPP has been handy, but with Brown gone, if I want to trade out Tippa and lose F/D DPP, should I worry? Would this make Howe and his DPP more appealing?

Or stuff it?  :-\

GoLions

Quote from: tor01doc on May 30, 2016, 08:46:10 PM
Just wanted a few thoughts regarding the value DPP offers.

For example, looking at trading BenKen out and grabbing Mathieson. Means moving BenKen to mids to facilitate the trade which leaves me a bit short on F/M DPP.

Another example is Adams, Tippa, Brown D/F DPP has been handy, but with Brown gone, if I want to trade out Tippa and lose F/D DPP, should I worry? Would this make Howe and his DPP more appealing?

Or stuff it?  :-\
I'll be trading Bennedy and losing DPP this week. But I plan on trading Smith and/or Davis to a premo forward in like 2 weeks anyway, so will have it back once the byes come. So don't think it is necessary to have 100% of the time :)

Bones Bombers

Just typed out a reply to doc in players and trades but the topic disappeared so I'll try again.

At this point I'm looking at keeping AMT, Adams and Brown due to their DPP.
Having Brown on the bench allows me to have both AMT and Adams in the backline if I need to cover an out. If I only have AMT and Adams they can only swap lines with each other which could be a bit useless.
Also looking at keeping Truck and Menapoo. Both are in the forward line at the moment. Hopefully I can downgrade/upgrade my mid rookies to my last forward premo and move Menapoo onto the mid bench.
As well as during the byes it may be handy when the trades run out!