9Swiss Storm304128912
10Svalbard Valkyries20589502
11Croatian Crushers20588508
12Swedish Metal20588472
13Belarus Bison20588060
14Spanish Stallions10648579

Fixture

Serbian Eagles vs English Lions
Serbia are the top scoring team this year, having scored 301 more points than the next best team, yet that next team is 6-1 and Serbia are 4-3 so they'll consider themselves a bit unlucky. They've missed some key players this year but clearly that's not the issue they're trying to make us believe considering their scoring. The Lions top scored last week and proved they're a threat when they click and if they do that this week, they'll join Serbia at 4-4 after 8. Could be a close game this one, but the home ground advantage and points for favour the Eagles.

Iceland Polar Bears vs Belarus Bison
Iceland are very much a contender, but find themselves somewhat in the middle of the pack. They can definitely keep scoring well and they have the cattle to do so, but with Wolves and Lions breathing down their neck, the pressure is on them to perform. Belarus are struggling to be blunt, they're just not scoring enough to be competitive, but they do still have two wins to their name so it's probably not fair to right them off completely.

Macedonian Wolves vs Croatian Crushers
Last year's premiers aren't quite having the season they had hoped for. Like the previous home team, they're sitting in mid table and doing their best to fight their way up the ladder as well as hold on to a finals spot to hopefully retain their crown. The Crushers aren't doing bad and their coach would be happy that providing a challenge most weeks. This could be a week where they provide an upset if they bring their A-game.

Belgian Bashers vs Swiss Storm
Belgium are undoubtedly one of the better teams in the competition yet sit 4-3, behind Serbia in points for by quite a bit and behind the top 3 by a full game with no team at 5-2. Their scoring is generally consistent, and there's absolutley no reason to believe that's about to change any time soon. The Storm are battling on despite a lot of inconsistencies over the course of the season. They've proven that on their day they're very good and when they don't, it's plain ugly. An upset seems unlikely, but the Swiss may be inspired by a chance to be 4-4 and jump back into the 8.

Greek Titans vs Swedish Metal
The Titans are still on top of Europe with an undefeated streak that hasn't really looked like ending. Their scores have been pretty good every week but one has to wonder if they can keep this up for the season and really stamp their authority. The Metal sit 2-5 and have the second least points for which makes sense. They haven't had a lot of luck with injuries and whatnot over the past few weeks with key personnel like Aaron Hall and Marcus Adams who started the season well missing in recent times. If they regain those men, they're a chance to add to their tally of two wins, probably just not this week though.

Svalbard Valkyries vs Spanish Stallions
Svalbard are arguably the unluckiest team in the comp. 6th for points scored yet 10th on the ladder at 2-5, that's something the coach must be frustrated with, but it's hard to control the luck of the draw. This week looks a chance to get a much deserved win. The Stallions, on the other hand, have only the single win but showed last week they're capable of matching it with the best of them. Another score like that this week and they could catapult themselves into 11th.

Russian Roulettes vs Hungarian Hulks
3rd hosts 2nd in a clash of the teams that sit 6-1. After this round, one ends up 6-2 and the other moves to 7-1. For the winner, a potential chance to gain ground or draw level with the ladder leaders, while the other falls back the pack a bit. The Roulettes are probably the underdogs despite being the home side, they haven't quite scored like their opponents have, but that probably just fuels their fire and desire to win. The Hulks suffered their first loss last week and will seek redemption on the road. With big scores in their arsenal, they're well equipped to take a victory from the home team and continue their march towards finals.

Nige

Talked to Holz about the previews. He's a busy guy and tries to put as much of his time and effort into the comp where he can while still keeping it relaxed. It's probably no secret that Euros is the quietest and most chilled out of all the comps. Thought I'd try to liven it up by bringing back the previews and making them weekly.

The format of the weekly OP should look like:

Round Number

Ladder | Previews

Spreadsheet Link

Makes it easy to read and whatnot and doesn't look like the thread was chucked up as afterthought and just as somewhere to post teams. Will probably attempt to get the previews done on Mondays or Tuesdays and I'll endeavour to help out with the scores in the spreadsheet so the ladder can get done faster which should be easy once semester is done.

Holz

great stuff Nige. i love the write ups and wish I could get around to them more often.

Nige

Quote from: Holz on May 23, 2016, 05:06:47 PM
great stuff Nige. i love the write ups and wish I could get around to them more often.
Cheers mate! Happy to help out a bit where I can.

Nige

OP is complete. Pretty happy with it now. May change up the formatting tonight because it's not exactly how I want it but it's still clean enough to read.

I'm happy to format the ladder into the table at the end/start of the round every week to make it that little bit easier to read.

Holz

Quote from: Nige on May 24, 2016, 01:56:29 PM
OP is complete. Pretty happy with it now. May change up the formatting tonight because it's not exactly how I want it but it's still clean enough to read.

I'm happy to format the ladder into the table at the end/start of the round every week to make it that little bit easier to read.

great reads. Russia is a tough opponent but if i can take them out i reckon im a good shot and getting home ground advantage in the finals.

Hellopplz

Great reads Nige! I enjoyed the mini previews.

Eagles Vs Lions and Roulettes vs Hulks should be great matchups! Can sense the upsets brewing as Eagles just haven't been able to back up their high scoring with the wins.

As for my match up, prepare for another disappointing week Huggy Dog >:D. That's if my backline can turn up as everybody else is able to :(.

LF

Yes Nige the Croatian coaches are indeed very happy with the way the team is going so far this season.
There are a few players on notice this week tho.

Ziplock

Our back and forward line have been battling with injury :(

LF

Croatia Crushers

D   Shane Biggs   Billy Stretch   Jamie MacMillan   James Frawley
M   Rory Sloane(C)   Hamish Hartlett(VC)   Mitch Wallis   Callum Mills
R   Ben McEvoy         
F   Tom T Lynch   Shane Edwards   Daniell Wells   Kane Lambert
U   Connor Blakely   Ben Newton      
EMG   George Hewett   Brad Sheppard   Mitch McGovern   Jordan Roughead

Spinking

Stallions: