Australia in South Africa (only 3 T20s)

Started by Bill Manspeaker, March 04, 2016, 03:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

so this series (I guess you could call it a series) starts tonight. starts at 3:00am though so won't get to see much of it.

only the 3 games

tonight at 3:00am

Sunday night at 11:30pm

Wed night/Thurs morning at 3:00am

Australia: 1 Usman Khawaja, 2 Shane Watson, 3 Steven Smith (capt), 4 David Warner, 5 Glenn Maxwell, 6 James Faulkner, 7 Mitchell Marsh, 8 Peter Nevill (wk), 9 Andrew Tye/John Hastings, 10 Josh Hazlewood, 11 Ashton Agar/Adam Zampa
QuoteSydney team-mates Usman Khawaja and Shane Watson are likely to open the batting for Australia which may mean no space for Aaron Finch. The top order will be strengthened by Smith and David Warner followed by Glenn Maxwell. Adam Zampa is struggling with a stomach bug and missed Thursday's training, which may give Ashton Agar a T20 debut.

South Africa: 1 Hashim Amla, 2 AB de Villiers (wk), 3 Faf du Plessis (capt), 4 JP Duminy, 5 David Miller, 6 Rilee Rossouw, 7 Chris Morris, 8 David Wiese, 9 Kagiso Rabada, 10 Dale Steyn, 11 Imran Tahir
QuoteDu Plessis has suggested South Africa will play their first-choice team for the series opener which means that even though they will give Quinton de Kock a chance to open the batting with AB de Villiers, it may not be in this match. Steyn is also certain to make a return which could mean no space for Kyle Abbott unless one of the allrounders sits out.

Bill Manspeaker

alright let's do this. Mark Waugh on commentary. wicked 8)

Australia batting first

Aaron Finch
Usman Khawaja
Steve Smith (capt)
David Warner
Glenn Maxwell
Mitchell Marsh
Peter Nevill (wk)
John Hastings
Adam Zampa
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Andrew Tye

Bill Manspeaker

K Waj first man out. short ball pulled away found the man in the deep

1/23 after 2.5

Warner in at 3

Bill Manspeaker

good over from Finch 6, 6, 6, 4, 0, 2

1/54 after 5

Bill Manspeaker

Warner gone found the man at gully

2/69 after 6.1

I can't keep this up, just gonna watch it ;D

Football Factory

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on March 05, 2016, 04:25:27 AM

2/69 after 6.1

I can't keep this up, just gonna sleep to it ;D

Fixed

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Football Factory on March 05, 2016, 12:31:45 PM

2/69 after 6.1

Fixed
I made it to the end of our innings but crashed soon after ;D

just watched the replay, flowerin David Miller! Tye was disappointing, was the only bowler they got ahold of. well he and Maxy considering he went for 16 off 1 over. all the other guys were impressive which is good signs for the world cup

Football Factory

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on March 05, 2016, 01:46:08 PM
Quote from: Football Factory on March 05, 2016, 12:31:45 PM

2/69 after 6.1

Fixed
I made it to the end of our innings but crashed soon after ;D

just watched the replay, flowerin David Miller! Tye was disappointing, was the only bowler they got ahold of. well he and Maxy considering he went for 16 off 1 over. all the other guys were impressive which is good signs for the world cup

Looking forward to it (World Cup) .. Aussies will find form come Cup time

Bill Manspeaker

26 off the last over

SA 7-204 after 20

cmon boys

GoLions

PowerBug

Ringo

Nige

I really like Warner batting down at 4 to be honest and I think Maxi is best used at about 5 as well, hopefully it continues to be the case after this past game. Sensational partnership and innings by the two.

Bill Manspeaker

had to do stuff today so couldn't watch the whole game last night. recorded it though so gonna watch it soon. can't flowerin believe I didn't see it live!

Bill Manspeaker

haha the 17th over was pretty funny. Morris bowls a pretty tidy over, only 7 off the first 5 balls, then it went downhill ;D

Ackerman: "Morris has got an opportunity to bowl that special over here. if he can surrender just a single, I mean a dot would magnificent, but just a single would be a win for South Africa"

Mark Waugh: "easier said than done today"

....no ball over waist high, goes for 4...

Waugh: "spoke to early Ackers"

wide...
another wide...

then 2 off the free hit

funny shower ;D