The Dreaded Byes

Started by Cotch-9, February 14, 2016, 11:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

In similar position to yours RD which is one of the reasons I went Dusty over Zorks this week.

I have 4 keepers not playing Rd 13, 3 Keepers not playing Rd 14 and 8 not playing Rd 15 so will be looking at further Rd 13 and 14 players for upgrades.

Holz

i love the byes. Im looking at 20 18 20 playing soo far but will probably drop adams and libba for round 13 premos round 14 so wil be looking to move up spots.

GoLions

Haven't looked at the byes at all. At the moment, my current setup issssss (premos only):

R13: Laird, Gaz, Murphy, Simpson, Pendlebury

R14: Boyd, Libba (?), NicNat, McVeigh

R15: Goldy, Shaw, Zorko, Robbo, Barlow, Jelwood, Danger, Wells (?)

So R15 I'm kinda flowered :P
Also in R15 have Keays and Ruggles on bench. Will bring in Hopper and Matho. Might just tank that round tbh! Also gonna bring in Dusty, Dahl, Gray at the very least by then as well, which adds to R13 and R14, so I guess could even it up slightly. Focusing on league games more though, 2 wins outta 3 in my main league and I'm happy!

RaisyDaisy

I'm planning my trades over the next few weeks now, and a question I want to ask is - when we enter Rd13, are most people not going to trade?

Looking at all the options it doesn't look like trading that week makes a lot of sense, because anyone you bring in will either have the bye, or will have the bye in Rd14/15 which are going to be the much trickier rounds with so many more prems out those 2 rounds, so I'm thinking it makes sense to not trade at all entering 13, then over 14 and 15 we trade out players for guys who have had their bye

Thoughts?

js19

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 02, 2016, 11:48:07 PM
I'm planning my trades over the next few weeks now, and a question I want to ask is - when we enter Rd13, are most people not going to trade?

Looking at all the options it doesn't look like trading that week makes a lot of sense, because anyone you bring in will either have the bye, or will have the bye in Rd14/15 which are going to be the much trickier rounds with so many more prems out those 2 rounds, so I'm thinking it makes sense to not trade at all entering 13, then over 14 and 15 we trade out players for guys who have had their bye

Thoughts?

Yeah, agree, except if you need someone on the bubble. As long as you can cover their bye in rd 14 or 15, and you think they're a great option (Trengove?) you'd go for it I think

Big Mac

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 02, 2016, 11:48:07 PM

Thoughts?

I still plan on using both trades (do we still get 3 over the byes?), will still be a couple rounds off completing my side so the sooner I make the trades the better.

AaronKirk

My bye structure is currently 12/11/7 so is decent to work with.

Current premium bye structure is shown below

Defense
Round 13: 3 - Docherty, Rance, B.Smith
Round 14: 1 - McVeigh
Round 15: 1 - Bartel

Mid
Round 13: 3- Pendlebury, Sloane, Ablett
Round 14: 3- Gray, Liberatore, Bontempelli
Round 15: 1- Dangerfield

Ruck
Round 14: 1- Nic Nat
Round 15: 1- Mumford

Forward
Round 13: 2- Dusty, Hall
Round 14: 2- Wingard, Franklin
Round 15: 2- Wells, Barlow

So the premium structure is 8/7/5 and with 15 trades left after this week I am happy with where I am at.

Raiden

What's everyone's SC points scoring prediction over the bye rounds? At present mine looks like this;

Round 13 = 1875
Round 14 = 1448
Round 15 = 1591

Kinda ugly over rounds 14,15 however i plan on using trades during these two rounds to complete my team, clean out deadwood and even out a predicted average of 1,800 over the bye's, bit low but best i can do.

sammy123

just looked at my teams during the byes. rd 14 i have the most out and can only field 15-16 at most ATM

GoLions

Ok so one week out from the byes, this is what I'm looking at:

R13:
DEF - Shaw, McVeigh, Boyd, Adams, DBJ, Collins
MID - Danger, Jelwood, Rocky, Gray, Hanners, Libba, Hopper, Keays
RUCK - Goldy, NicNat
FWD - Zorko, Robbo, Barlow, Wells, Petracca, Tippa

I'll be trading at least one of Smith/Davis to a Matho/Jansen/Trengove though, so that will give me another mid.

R14:
DEF - Shaw, Laird, Simmo, Collins, Rance (?)
MID - Danger, Pendles, Gaz, Rocky, Jelwood, Hopper, Keays, Matho/Jansen/Davis/Smith
RUCK - Goldy
FWD - Zorko, Robbo, Barlow, Wells, Tippa, Menadue

Will be bringing in Rance this week, most likely for DBJ, so that will give me another defender. May also bring in Dusty pending cash in hand.

R15:
DEF - Simmo, Laird, Boyd, Rance, McVeigh, Adams
MID - Hanners, Pendles, Gaz, Gray, Libba, Trengove (?)
RUCK - NicNat
FWD - Kerridge, Petracca, Menadue, Tippa

Gonna struggle this week I think. Will probably have two of Dusty/Dahl/Joey at this point, but Tippa and Kerridge may be the ones to make way for them anyway. May have to hold on to one of Smith/Davis during the byes, and trade Keays instead. Also means I should definitely get Trengove I guess.