The Dreaded Byes

Started by Cotch-9, February 14, 2016, 11:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Quote from: Gigantor on March 12, 2016, 01:05:00 AM
I'm a little worried about rd 15, lots of popular Premos will be missing

BRS, FRE, GEE, GWS, HAW, NTH

Player who I will start with (One of Shaw or Danger might go if I need cash!)

Rocky, Fyfe, Barlow, Danger, Bartel, Shaw, Goldy

Other players who might demand a trade in before rd 15

Beams, Smartin, Zorko, Mundy, Jelwood, Ward, Mummy, Sheil, Lewis, Hodge, Mitchell

For me Beams, Jelwood and Ward are the 3 I feel could go bang early and be impossible to resist as an early upgrade. Having 8-10 rd 15 premos is a real possibility!

I know people will say its too early to be stressing about byes but I just though it might be worth a mention :)
You'll probably want your team finished by round 15 anyway, so 7-8 premiums from the one round would be the avg.

These are probably all the premiums from round 15 bye teams that I'd consider;

Brisbane: Rocky, Beams, Stefan, Zorko, Robbo
Freo: Fyfe, Mundy, Barlow
Geelong: Jelwood, Danger, Bartel, Enright
GWS: Ward, Mummy, Shiel, Shaw, Smiddy
Hawks: Birchall, Gibson, Gunston
North: Goldy, Higgins

At this stage, I'm starting 7. But tbh, I don't see myself trading in more than 3 of them after round 1, and I might drop 1 before round 1 as well. Also, if your cover is from other bye rounds, should work out ok. Only need best 18 anyway.

Ringo

As GL said you team should be just about finished by Round 15, This is the reason I am not stressing too much as I will be monitoring prems I bring in

Currently have Rocky, Martin, Zorko, Martin, Goldy and Barlow as Rd 15 Keepers, with Harwood and Wells who may or may not still be in the team.
So if I have 14 - 15 Premiums playing form other bye rounds then I am happy.

bowyanger

A few years ago with less trades, no loopholes and no reduced scoring players on field I used to consider the byes

I don't bother anymore....its not a big deal

SC has become a game that can be user friendly for 5 year olds now...

I definitely do not let the byes influence my initial starting line up.....many times Ive planned for byes, Ive even recently planned to make up big ground over the byes for overall standings.... then players are rested an extra week, players suffer fake & real injuries, some get suspended....all  this you have planned for all season gets totally thrown out the window and you have sacrificed potential points for this planning all season until this time

aces-high

Anyone done much research into the byes this year? One thing putting me off Selwood and onto r gray/jpk is beside him being injured all pre season is carrying danger, Fyfe and rocky already in their bye. Am I worrying too much? Having a balance of guns in each bye round is pretty important in the overall scheme of things. So is it worth getting jpk/Gray with a better less stacked bye then jelwood thanks for the advice hopefully!

LordSneeze

with the byes being later in the year a lot of your rookies will have been moved on, you will have extra premiums in the team.
Might be worth looking at when it gets to round 7-8 and you start making upgrades

Ringo

Agree with LS here when upgrading rookies look at bye structure for the players you are trading in as keepers trying to get as even as split as possible.  eg you would not want 8 prems missing Rd 15 even though best 18 players score.

By round 15 most teams should have most prems in place so a virtual 7/7/7 by split would be desireable and can be achieved with astute trading.

_wato

I'm stuffed already.

Bartel, Barlow, Shiel, danger, Goldy, Fyfe, rich, Zorko Stef All out Round 9.

In comparison Round 13 only Laird Gaz and Round 14 Titch Buddy Libba.

However I think premium wise it will end up 6/6/10. Might get rid of Rich so 7/6/9. Not too bad once full prem as I will target those specific players I want.

Ringo

Hey Wato think you have used last year not this year.  May have to recheck  ;) (Fyfe has Rd 15 and there is no Round 9 bye

At the moment I have 9/11/11 out with prems playing 9/9/4 so need to watch prems I bring in for byes,

_wato

I meant to say round 15 Ringo haha

When you say prems playing 9/9/4 is that players you're targeting?

_wato

I know there's alresdy a thread for the byes (mods please don't delete this), but it has hardly any traction so wanted to post it here.

Is there anyone else who is absolutely flowered for this round? I'm worried with my team already that I'm way too premium heavy this round without making upgrades as of yet.

Round 13 missing (Ablett, Laird)
Round 14 missing (Titch, Bud, Libba)
Round 15 missing (Bartel, Barlow, Shiel, Danger, Goldy, Fyfe, Rich, Zorko Stef)

Im genuinely worried already. I still have Heater who I'd love but is a Round 15 bye. And as they're latwr this year I fear that a lot of the rookies will be cashed in and some may not be playing on our benches so can't really help contribute to the top 18.

I usually plan well for he byes but haven't and I think I'm stuck now.

So a question for this week, should I miss out on Zorko and look for Dusty instead? Really don't want to do that.

For your info,
Round 13 prems I want - Houli, Rance, Dusty, Joey, Pendles 
Round 14 prems I want - Priddis, Dahl, Hanners
Round 15 prems I want - Shaw

Which would give me a 7/6/10 bye figure (including Libba & Rich who I may sideways if the opportunity arises). So what are your thoughts?

jvalles69

There are byes this year? :o

Nah seriously its something I should really look at it, but I don't want it overly influencing my team too much.  I don't think I'm as bad as you there though in round 15.  I think I am going try and complete my team and get guys who's scores I'm happy to take in bye rounds on my bench, of course I say that now, but not sure if that's even doable!

GoLions

I think I'm fine for R15 (for now :P). Don't have Stef, Rich, Shiel, Bartel. Also have Robbo. That gives me 6, but I also want Rocky and Shaw, maybe Bartel and Jelwood haha. Can always just tank it! ;D

_wato

Gets moved anyway. Lol

Quote from: GoLions on April 13, 2016, 01:15:25 PM
I think I'm fine for R15 (for now :P). Don't have Stef, Rich, Shiel, Bartel. Also have Robbo. That gives me 6, but I also want Rocky and Shaw, maybe Bartel and Jelwood haha. Can always just tank it! ;D

Hahahaha it's insane hey mate. I honestly don't know what to do.

Ringo

No that is the break up of of the bye splits for my current 12  prem keepers - Not allowing for Adams or Libba who may also bee keeoers by then which will add another 2 to Round 13 and 15.

RaisyDaisy

So I've decided to actually look into my bye situation properly for the first time

In terms of the overall team as of today (before trades this week) I am currently 8/14/8 but there are plenty of rookies who will be turned over by then, so more importantly my current prem bye structure as of today is

Round 13: 4 - Simpson, Ablett, Pendles, Hall
Round 14: 5 - Parker, Gray, Libba, NicNat, Buddy
Round 15: 7 - Shaw, Bartel, Danger, Jelwood, Goldy, Barlow, Wells

Now that I can see that, I won't be bringing in any Round 15 prems any time soon. Zorko would be the only exception if the option presents itself. Guys like Ward, Rocky, Beams, Gibson etc I just can't look at getting prior to Round 15 and I think that's fine

Hanners, Dahl, Boyd, McVeigh and Merrett would be the 5 Round 14 guys that I am interested in bringing in, and could get away with bringing in at least 1, possibly 2 of them from now until the bye

Round 13 players seem like the guys I might target over the next couple of weeks. Dusty, Rance, Lids, Docherty, Laird and Montagna would be the guys that head that list, but I would say Dusty and 1 defender would most likely come in

So, I reckon Dusty this week and a Round 14 player the week after would be the upgrades I am looking at for now (Prefer the Round 14 options over any of the 13 options besides Dusty)