Injury Discussion Thread

Started by nrich102, February 08, 2016, 09:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Basically ripping this off from the SC board, but post injuries as they pop up here.

To kick us off.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-08/acl-blow-for-young-giant-paul-ahern

QuoteHIGHLY touted Greater Western Sydney youngster Paul Ahern looks set to miss the entire 2016 season after rupturing an anterior cruciate ligament at training on Monday morning.

The promising 19-year-old midfielder, who was the No.7 in the 2014 NAB AFL Draft, will undergo a reconstruction of his right knee after scans confirmed the club's worst fears.

Damn, was sitting in my team before that. Dare I say it though... Next year?

Mr.Craig

He'd slipped out of my teams anyway but we don't need to be losing any sub 150k options.

T Dog

Quote from: Mr.Craig on February 08, 2016, 10:04:09 PM
He'd slipped out of my teams anyway but we don't need to be losing any sub 150k options.

or DPP  ::)

Mr.Craig

On the plus side Pickett moves up the pecking order a little.

T Dog

t-rent

nrich102

Mr.Craig

Freeman also pretty much out of the equation, unsurprisingly.

nrich102

Quote from: Mr.Craig on February 09, 2016, 10:28:43 PM
Freeman also pretty much out of the equation, unsurprisingly.
Was all ways going to happen unfortunately :(

Football Factory

Jeremy Howe broke his finger playing Frisbee with the dog.

Club dismisses reports recruit was hurt playing local cricket match.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-09/a-dog-a-frisbee-and-a-broken-hand-more-pain-for-new-magpie-jeremy-howe

"He'll obviously be out for a few weeks," Magpies football manager Neil Balme told AFL.com.au earlier on Tuesday.

"There's probably no hope of him playing round one. With these two things going against him, it's going to be hard for him to get in front of it."

The finger injury was a relatively minor procedure but it will still cause some interruptions in the former's Demon's ability to complete any touch work at training.

"It probably complicates [his return date] a bit," Balme said.

Football Factory

ST KILDA draftee Bailey Rice’s pre-season has been put on hold after a bout of glandular fever.

nrich102

Football Factory

Not ideal but aslong as he's named round 1.

Eade said  Ablett could have played in Saturday's competitive hitout if necessary.

“He has a mild foot strain which is a little bit grumbly at the moment, so we have off-loaded him today and he just did some work on the bike,” Eade told News Corp.

“But he has had such a great pre-season there is no point risking him. He wouldn’t have played three NAB (Challenge) games anyway.

“He will be off-loaded for a few days and will start running at the end of next week.’’

Football Factory

Crows to manage Crouch

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-15/crows-to-play-it-safe-with-brad-crouch-after-midfielder-pulls-up-sore

ADELAIDE will adopt a "risk-free" policy with Brad Crouch during the NAB Challenge after the luckless midfielder pulled up with general soreness from his starring role in Friday's intraclub match, coach Don Pyke says.

"At this stage we don't want to take any risks with Brad. He's not sore in the foot, which is a good thing, it's just general soreness in terms of returning to play," Pyke told radio station 5AA.

"We'll see how he comes and we'll take a risk-free policy with him, because he was in good form last Friday and I think he's going to be a good player for us this year.

"(Soreness is) to be expected - he hasn't played for the best part of almost a year.

"He's a strong, fierce competitor and maybe he just went a bit overs on Friday. So we need to sometimes pull him back a little bit to protect him from himself at times."

TomK

As long as his foot is okay, I'm happy