FF T20 World Cup Squad and World Cup Discussion Thread

Started by nrich102, January 30, 2016, 03:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Wade can't catch so he is out and the best man with the gloves  is in.

Finch hopefully will be right to play but Head would come in if he can't. Faulkner the only other injury worry. Surprised Head want chosen in front of Agar but both are all rounders and are not in best 12. Spinning all rounders will be helpful in India.

I think CA are worried about Lynn v spinning pitches

fanTCfool

Nige

I'm not completely sold on the inclusions of Agar and NCN.

NCN's barely played any cricket in forever and has a pretty decent injury history of late.

I just think there are better options than Agar. He's basically an all-rounder and we've got plenty of those. I don't think he'll make the squad.

Since it's in India, it's likely that we'll play two spinners, Zampa as the pure spinner with leg breaks and Maxi part time when needed because he spins in the other way.

Potential XI something like:

Warner
Khawaja
Smith (c)
Maxwell
Marsh
Faulkner
Nevill (wk)
Hastings
Zampa
Hazlewood
Tye

Meaning Finch, Agar, NCN and Watto miss out.

Finch is injured and I don't think he'll get up in time, Uzzie is in better form anyway.
Could potentially replace Faulks (also injured) with Watto, given the form of the latter, I'd do it.

GoLions

I'd maybe have Watto over Marsh even, is still a gun in T20s

nrich102

David Warner   - 5 (19.2%)
Steve Smith   - 4 (15.4%)
Aaron Finch   - 4 (15.4%)
Usman Khawaja   - 6 (23.1%)
George Bailey   - 1 (3.8%)
Chris Lynn   - 3 (11.5%)
Travis Head   - 1 (3.8%)
Brad Hodge   - 0 (0%)
Shaun Marsh   - 1 (3.8%)
Joe Burns   - 0 (0%)
Adam Voges   - 1 (3.8%)

So Warner, Smith, Finch and Khawaja are in. Cause it's equal, Lynn, Bailey, Head, Marsh and Voges will be added to the waldcard pool.

Will put seam bowlers up now.

I think it will be interesting to see how similar our squad is to the official one.

Capper

after reading this, it almost like the BCI don't want people from other countries to come over and watch the games. Major loss of tourisms dollars there

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/cricket/month-before-world-t20-problems-mount-in-india/ar-BBpo3FC?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=DELLDHP

nrich102

John Hastings   - 6 (33.3%)
Shaun Tait   - 0 (0%)
Scott Boland   - 1 (5.6%)
Kane Richardson   - 1 (5.6%)
Joel Paris   - 0 (0%)
Andrew Tye   - 4 (22.2%)
James Pattinson   - 3 (16.7%)
Clint McKay   - 0 (0%)
Josh Hazlewood   - 3 (16.7%)
Nathan Coulter-Nile   - 0 (0%)

So the Duke, Andy Tye and I'll put Patto in over Hazlewood cause I'm that kinda guy. Hazlewood will go to the wildcards, and I'll jump off the rules and not put any other wildcards in cause no one got enough votes.

GoLions

Warm up match between NZ and SL...this Munro fella hits 4 sixes in a row! 29 off the over ;D

Hong Kong starting to fall apart after an awesome start against Afghanistan

Bill Manspeaker

anyone see the catch from that guy?

no idea who it was but it was a ripper

I'll try find a video of it

well that was easy https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JY4_94Jfix0

T Dog

Rusty00

The Irish bastman wasn't in a hurry to walk off, don't think he actually believed it happened.

Nige

Maxiiiii! He's a good enough bowler that we don't need to play the overrated hack that is Ashton Agar. Get Duke in instead I say!

RaisyDaisy

I don't know whats uglier - that pitch or the kiwi's poo brown outfit

Gigantor

Just noticed our batting line up, Agar@9 and  NCN@11 is pretty handy!

plumdog millionaire

Mitch McClenaghan looking like Jesse Hogan on crack right now