Main Menu

2016 Best 22

Started by Mr.Craig, October 23, 2015, 11:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Still some unknowns - Draftees, Whitecross and the "investigation" but here is my current take on the best 22.

B: Duryea, Gibson, Stratton
HB: Birchall, Frawley, Burgoyne
M: Smith, Hodge, Hill
HF: Rioli, Roughead, Breust
F: Puopolo, Gunston, Schoenmakers

RUC: McEvoy, Mitchell, Lewis

INT: Shiels, Ceglar, Litherland, Hartung

B Depth: Spangher, Heatherley, Brand
HB Depth: Howe, Miles
M Depth: Langford, Simpkin, O'Rourke
HF Depth: Sicily, Whitecross
F Depth: O'Brien, Willsmore, Fitzpatrick
R Depth: Pittonet

Scrads

Will be fairly close no doubt. Langford should be pretty set on trying to get his spot back in the side, he should play 15+ games next year for sure due to injury and suspension. Love the look of Litherland in our 22 as a replacement for Suckling, but also wouldn't mind Howe in that spot. Exciting regardless. Hoping JOR also has a 10+ game season so we can start seeing what he has to offer. Fitzpatrick doubles as ruck back up too.

What types do you think we will target at the draft? We'll go for at least 1 inside midfielder to be the Mitchell/Hodge understudy (formerly Anderson :( )

GoLions

Howe over Litherland imo, good Badgers boy ;)

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Scrads on October 23, 2015, 02:29:40 PM
What types do you think we will target at the draft? We'll go for at least 1 inside midfielder to be the Mitchell/Hodge understudy (formerly Anderson :( )

I'm thinking we'll continue to go for versatile players, but hopefully ones with a bit more mid potential. Mitchell Hibberd, Clayton Oliver, Darcy Tucker, Thomas Cole, Jade Gresham...maybe one or two of those guys with our first rounders.

Rusty00

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 23, 2015, 07:27:38 PM
Quote from: Scrads on October 23, 2015, 02:29:40 PM

I'm thinking we'll continue to go for versatile players, but hopefully ones with a bit more mid potential. Mitchell Hibberd, Clayton Oliver, Darcy Tucker, Thomas Cole, Jade Gresham...maybe one or two of those guys with our first rounders.
Would love to get Hibberd. He seems to have risen up a lot of people's phantom drafts recently though so may not still be available at our first pick.

tbagrocks

Cant wait till Gunston gets outed for being a flog off the field! Surely it was him who was naughty! ;)

JBs-Hawks

Hartung to make Hills wing his own!

Rusty00

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 23, 2015, 09:01:10 PM
Cant wait till Gunston gets outed for being a flog off the field! Surely it was him who was naughty! ;)
Nah, he was home with his Mum, which he can do now that he is back in Victoria :P

kilbluff1985

so is Miles any good? have him in AXVIII DT was tempted to delist him

T Dog

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 24, 2015, 12:35:34 AM
so is Miles any good? have him in AXVIII DT was tempted to delist him

not delist....trade   ;D

Mr.Craig

AFL.com posted their best best 22 and it's the same as mine but I think there's a good chance Howe might be favoured ahead of Litherland depending on the opponent.

Scrads

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 28, 2015, 02:24:08 PM
AFL.com posted their best best 22 and it's the same as mine but I think there's a good chance Howe might be favoured ahead of Litherland depending on the opponent.

I'm happy with either ;) both should get a good amount of game-time next year anyway!

kilbluff1985

Jono O'Rourke doesn't look likely to make it as a AFL player

Mr.Craig

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 27, 2016, 07:52:33 PM
Jono O'Rourke doesn't look likely to make it as a AFL player

Couldn't agree more.

nas

Who steps up for Roughy whilst out? Whitecross?