Ultimate Footy Customisations

Started by Ringo, October 17, 2015, 12:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

http://ultimate-footy.theage.com.au/

The above link explains Ultimate Footy.  Please feel free to peruse and raise any questions in this thread.

This thread will also be used to discuss customisations that will be available to us and how to use.  I will start the discussion with the following:

1) Ultimate Footy reassess player positions for DPP every 3 rounds.  Do we want to run with this or do we want to lock positions at start of season?

2) Ultimate Footy Lock out has 3 options available
The Default lockout is at bounce of first Saturday Game - Player playing previously are locked.
Can Lock at Bounce of first game.
Can have the full rolling lock out.
Open to discussion on which way to go.

3) Viewing opponents team -  Do we want it hidden till bounce to maintain suspense or do we want visible at all times?

4) I suggest we use the Off Line Draft method and submit our lists once trading and drafts are complete after verification.

5) We have a British XV League in UF which I will administer and set up scoring etc once agreed.

6) Will need to decide our bye requirements once AFL schedule is released.

As I said please feel free to add questions/comments in this thread relating to UF.

Rids

Will we be still naming our weekly teams here?

We could possibly change the on-field teams to reflect them so we can follow the match ups on the weekends.

LF

First thing positions should be locked at start of season
No rolling out,we have emergencies that cover late outs
No need to hide teams,makes no difference really and we would normally post them in a thread here anyway for all to see.
Yeah offline draft method is the way to go

Rids

Quote from: LF on October 17, 2015, 12:34:21 PM
No need to hide teams,makes no difference really and we would normally post them in a thread here anyway for all to see.

Nige

Quote from: Rids on October 17, 2015, 12:34:59 PM

iZander

Quote from: Ringo on October 17, 2015, 12:27:02 PM
2) Ultimate Footy Lock out has 3 options available
The Default lockout is at bounce of first Saturday Game - Player playing previously are locked.
Can Lock at Bounce of first game.
Can have the full rolling lock out.
Open to discussion on which way to go.

Is discussion on this matter to be done here? If so

Id prefer lock out on the first bounce. I feel that a rolling lockout gives advantage to people who are extremely active over the weekend. Although i am one of those people, i don't like the fact it disadvantages some people. For example, being away for a weekend might lose you a game :) Assuming it works the same as SC?

Nige

Yes, definitely lock it at first bounce.

GoLions

Definitely lock positions. It'll be a mess otherwise.

I actually don't mind the Saturday lockout option, but probably best to stick with Friday lockout. Definitely not rolling.

Don't really see the point in hiding it as we're not making any trades during the season, so team lists will always be the same.

Offline draft method sounds good.

Also...

Thoughts? I'd be keen.

Ringo

Quote from: Rids on October 17, 2015, 12:29:27 PM
Will we be still naming our weekly teams here?

We could possibly change the on-field teams to reflect them so we can follow the match ups on the weekends.
I would envisage the weekly teams being named in UF.

My thoughts are and feel free to offer alternate suggestions.

We lodge our draft lists of 45 players and then each week we name our team from the list in UF.

Our rules for use of emergencies may have to be tweaked as I do not think UF will allow for utilities to be upgraded as per current rules.  Means naming emergencies on the 4 lines and they replace the player. Not sure what happens if utility is out. Had thought of using the option that named emergencies in order and used in that order regardless of position being replaced.

And yes all discussions on UF and how we are to use can be discussed here.

Ringo

Quote from: GoLions on October 17, 2015, 12:44:16 PM
Definitely lock positions. It'll be a mess otherwise.

I actually don't mind the Saturday lockout option, but probably best to stick with Friday lockout. Definitely not rolling.

Don't really see the point in hiding it as we're not making any trades during the season, so team lists will always be the same.

Offline draft method sounds good.

Also...

Thoughts? I'd be keen.
I had seen this and will follow the 2016 options with interest given the AFL is scrapping sub rule.  If they maintain it I think it is a reasonable rule to possibly implement. I would probably like to see TOG set at 25% think 50% is perhaps a little high but thoughts welcome.

nostradamus

Quote from: Nige on October 17, 2015, 12:35:48 PM

Spite

Quote from: nostradamus on October 17, 2015, 01:24:26 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 17, 2015, 12:35:48 PM