Richmond Offseason/Preseason Megathread 2015/2016

Started by Nige, September 08, 2015, 11:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: quinny88 on January 14, 2016, 10:12:24 PM
Confirmed he's free to play :) suspended $5000 fine.

So many people having a cry about it but hard to argue when there's a police investigation, AFL investigation and club investigation that involved looking at CCTV footage, witness interviews etc then clearly the whole thing was blown up if they came back with nothing other than a suspended fine. And to think Bartlett wanted him to get 12 months  ::)
Exactly mate. Blown way out

Nige

Rance and Titch elevated to the leadership group. Lids, Ivan and Cotch remain a part of it with Cotch still skipper.

powersuperkents

So many people having a cry about it but hard to argue when there's a police investigation, AFL investigation and club investigation that involved looking at CCTV footage, witness interviews etc then clearly the whole thing was blown up if they came back with nothing other than a suspended fine. And to think Bartlett wanted him to get 12 months  ::)
Waste of taxpayer money, the AFL's time and money, and the Richmond football club's time. All because some gratuitously outraged people (who most likely don't even watch AFL, but for all we know could hate the sport) wanted to make Dusty the face of violence against woman.

Richmond are obviously just giving him the fine because they would receive negative PR from the people who are complaining about Dusty's conduct (and also to make sure Dusty won't do something like this again) - it was good to see that the club backed him because with some athletes things get blown excessively out of proportion - waiting until after the WADA verdict was a good move as well.   

Ziplock

Quote from: powersuperkents on January 15, 2016, 10:50:00 PM

Waste of taxpayer money, the AFL's time and money, and the Richmond football club's time. All because some gratuitously outraged people (who most likely don't even watch AFL, but for all we know could hate the sport)that's just conjecture- personally if I'd seen an AFL player acting the way Martin was reported to, I would have taken the same action and I love the sport wanted to make Dusty the face of violence against woman.

Richmond are obviously just giving him the fine because they would receive negative PR from the people who are complaining about Dusty's conduct (and also to make sure Dusty won't do something like this again) - it was good to see that the club backed him because with some athletes things get blown excessively out of proportion - waiting until after the WADA verdict was a good move as well.

If Dustin physically stood over the woman as reported as he abused her, then imo he should have copped weeks.

If he didn't, then I agree that a fine is appropriate for misconduct for being blind drunk and obscene.

I do find it strange that he never denied standing over her though (albeit, it could be that he didn't remember the incident or that he was advised to to talk about it).
Personally, I think they've used the WADA case to sweep it under the rug, which I don't agree with.

I'd love to look at the footage though- don't see why that wouldn't be a problem if he wasn't physically threatening her :P

Toga

If the police and AFL investigation came back with nothing then I daresay that the situation "as reported" was not how the situation actually played out Zip.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Toga on January 17, 2016, 03:50:01 AM
If the police and AFL investigation came back with nothing then I daresay that the situation "as reported" was not how the situation actually played out Zip.

lol or it was just covered up

shaker

This woman went on tv saying he threatened to stab her with chopsticks if that is not true why is not the heat being applied to her for telling porkies ?

Toga

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 17, 2016, 04:10:55 AM

We live in Australia, not corrupt central America. The police (& AFL) did a thorough investigation including looking at CCTV footage. Move on :)

Ziplock

Quote from: Toga on January 17, 2016, 03:50:01 AM

Quote from: shaker on January 17, 2016, 09:33:18 AM
This woman went on tv saying he threatened to stab her with chopsticks if that is not true why is not the heat being applied to her for telling porkies ?
It's just CCTV footage in a restaurant- there probably isn't audio, so if nobody else  heard him say it, then he can't really be charged if there's no evidence (which is fair enough in our justice system).

If he's standing over her and intimidating her though... I don't think that constitutes police action, but it falls well into the realms of violence against women and he should have been sanctioned.

I'd be pretty surprised if she lied about that, since it's so easy to verify via footage and she could cop a fine for making shower up. If  they weren't attempting to cover it up then they wouldn't have released the sanction immediately after the essendon handdown, and it's all fabricated then I'm pretty sure they would have found someway to leak the footage to show dusty didn't do anything.

But whatever, it's over now.

Quote from: Toga on January 17, 2016, 11:56:07 AM

We live in Australia, not corrupt central America. The police (& AFL) did a thorough investigation including looking at CCTV footage. Move on :)

You get a surprising amount of corruption/ dodgy shower happening in Australia as well.

kilbluff1985

lol please

Kellogscrunchynut

I think he's right Toga, being an Essendon fan he'd know a thing or 2 about cover ups.  :D

quinny88

She's a bullshower artist plain and simple.. She said he punched the wall next to her head which never happened and she said he threatened to kill her but not 1 witness said that was the case.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on January 17, 2016, 05:14:49 PM

I think he's right Toga, being an Essendon fan he'd know a thing or 2 about cover ups.  :D

flower off

Big Mac

Quote from: quinny88 on January 17, 2016, 08:53:48 PM
She's a bullshower artist plain and simple.. She said he punched the wall next to her head which never happened and she said he threatened to kill her but not 1 witness said that was the case.

She should get jail time if this is true

quinny88

Quote from: Big  Mac on January 17, 2016, 09:15:49 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on January 17, 2016, 08:53:48 PM

She should get jail time if this is true

Yeah she's a woman and a "victim" though.