AXV: TRADE DISCUSSION (2015/16)

Started by BB67th, August 19, 2015, 09:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on December 14, 2015, 12:52:49 PM
Quote from: Nige on December 14, 2015, 12:44:06 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on December 14, 2015, 12:41:40 PM
Quote from: Nige on December 14, 2015, 12:35:45 PM
Considering Barlow, Harley and Dahl are all DPP and you already have like GAJ, Pendles, Beams, Libba, NDS, Sidey and there are probs others I'm forgetting, I don't think ya do.  :P
Pffft don't come around here with your logic

Barlow fwd/mid, Bennell fwd/mid, Buddy, Dahlhaus fwd/mid, Darling, Mayne

See, too many fwds
Don't come around here asking for more mids.  :P
I only want Rocky... surely that's not too much to ask for
Settle.

Rusty00

Considering Barlow, Harley and Dahl are all DPP and you already have like GAJ, Pendles, Beams, Libba, NDS, Sidey and there are probs others I'm forgetting, I don't think ya do.  :P

See, too many fwds
>:D

Ricochet

Quote from: Rusty00 on December 14, 2015, 03:22:21 PM

See, too many fwds
>:D
Rusty i still don't understand why you didn't accept Will Hams for him. Rookie mistake

upthemaidens

Question.. Are we able to upgrade Rookies before the Season starts?
  If let's say Alex Johnson retires because of ongoing injuries, are we able to upgrade Gregson for him and take another pick for the rookie list?

We also still have Golby on our Seniors list and don't think he got an AFL contract. Can we upgrade a Rookie for Golby?

Ricochet

Quote from: upthemaidens on December 14, 2015, 03:40:43 PM
Question.. Are we able to upgrade Rookies before the Season starts?
  If let's say Alex Johnson retires because of ongoing injuries, are we able to upgrade Gregson for him and take another pick for the rookie list?

We also still have Golby on our Seniors list and don't think he got an AFL contract. Can we upgrade a Rookie for Golby?
As soon as they retire you can upgrade a rookie. I don't think you'd get another pick now though since delistings have been submitted. Although there is a rule that if a player is no longer on an AFL list, he cannot be on a AXV list, so you could argue for an extra pick if the rookie draft is still open. Once the draft is over though I think you'd definitely be stuck with him.

BB would have to confirm that ^

I'll see if i can find the rule on upgrading after a player retires

EDIT: here it is

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 15, 2012, 11:48:38 PM
LONG TERM INJURY LIST

*You may place a player on an AXV Long Term Injury List if the player:
a) Is placed on an AFL LTI
b) Has their injury listed as 8 weeks or more on their AFL Club's Official Injury List, at the time of moving them onto the list
c) Is sacked mid-season by their AFL Club
d) Retires with immediate effect from their AFL Club

*When you place a player on your AXV LTI, you may promote a player on your rookie list until they are back. This allows you to play the rookie listed player in your starting squad.

*AXV Rookies are not eligible to play seniors unless they have been upgraded by their AXV Club

*The rookie upgraded for any player cannot be changed unless/when that player comes off the LTI

*As soon as a player comes off their AFL Club's injury list (if the situation involved an injured player) they come off their AXV Club's LTI, and the promoted player return to the rookie list

On Golby, you'll get a supp pick for him at the end of the rookie draft

upthemaidens

OK cool. Thanks.  So would we be able to upgrade a rookie for Golby and then the top-up pick(if there's one) goes on our Rookie list instead of Seniors?

Ricochet

Quote from: upthemaidens on December 14, 2015, 03:54:56 PM
OK cool. Thanks.  So would we be able to upgrade a rookie for Golby and then the top-up pick(if there's one) goes on our Rookie list instead of Seniors?
Nope. Because you need to use a Nat pick to upgrade a rookie to the senior list. So by hanging onto Golby in the hope he got picked up you gave up that chance (like I did with a few boys as well). You now just get an extra pick at the end of this draft

EDIT: You'll be able to use pick 61 that you were originally passing on

upthemaidens

Quote from: Ricochet on December 14, 2015, 03:57:49 PM
Nope. Because you need to use a Nat pick to upgrade a rookie to the senior list. So by hanging onto Golby in the hope he got picked up you gave up that chance (like I did with a few boys as well). You now just get an extra pick at the end of this draft
So that extra pick just goes onto the Seniors list to fill Golbys spot?   
   And if Johnson retires in the pre-season then we are allowed to upgrade a rookie to cover his retirement.

Ricochet

Quote from: upthemaidens on December 14, 2015, 04:05:35 PM
   And if Johnson retires in the pre-season then we are allowed to upgrade a rookie to cover his retirement.
Yep. Like a few have been doing, you can choose when you make your pick if it goes on the senior list or rookie list (if you have spots left one your senior list that is). One thing to remember though is players drafted in AFL Rookie draft, HAVE to go on a rookie list in AXVs. Players available in other pools in our rookie draft here can go on either the senior or rookie list

Yes on Johnson.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Ricochet on December 14, 2015, 04:09:14 PM
Yep. Like a few have been doing, you can choose when you make your pick if it goes on the senior list or rookie list (if you have spots left one your senior list that is). One thing to remember though is players drafted in AFL Rookie draft, HAVE to go on a rookie list in AXVs. Players available in other pools in our rookie draft here can go on either the senior or rookie list

Yes on Johnson.
OK well pretty sure we have a full list of 40/6 now , but that includes Golby.
    So we just wait until the end of the draft and then get a replacement from the remaining players once the draft is complete?

Ricochet

Quote from: upthemaidens on December 14, 2015, 04:21:06 PM

Yes on Johnson.
    So we just wait until the end of the draft and then get a replacement from the remaining players once the draft is complete?
Nah you can use your R61 that you were passing on

upthemaidens

Quote from: Ricochet on December 14, 2015, 04:26:07 PM

Yes on Johnson.
Thanks Rico,  we'll do that then.  Looks like Golby will be playing with Port Melbourne in the VFL  :(   
Another query then  :)  If let's say Golby gets a future AFL contract, do the Strikers get first preference on him? 

Ricochet

Quote from: upthemaidens on December 14, 2015, 04:40:45 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on December 14, 2015, 04:26:07 PM

Yes on Johnson.
Thanks Rico,  we'll do that then.  Looks like Golby will be playing with Port Melbourne in the VFL  :(   
Another query then  :)  If let's say Golby gets a future AFL contract, do the Strikers get first preference on him?
No worries man. I don't believe we have that rule like in Worlds. Might be worth bringing up in the rule discussion thread actually

upthemaidens

Oh sorry this is the wrong thread, was meant for the official discussion thread.  If you want to move/remove it, please do so.

iZander

Keen to start trade talks since i missed the first trade period :P

Josh P Kennedy could potentially be on the table for Mid(s)/Fwd(s) (no interested in Defenders :P)

Pretty much anyones on the table except Tom Mitchell, this is my list below :P

Def: M Hurley (Ess), T Langdon (Coll), H Taylor (Geel), D Rampe (Syd), A Saad (GC), E Wood (WB), S Fisher (StK), M Baguely (Ess), A Oxley (Coll), D McStay (Bris), A Litherland (Haw), B Grey (Freo), C Smith (Carl)

Mid: P Dangerfield (Geel), JP Kennedy (Syd), T Mitchell (Syd), J Watson (Ess), B Ellis (Rich), M Duncan (Geel), B Ah Chee (Port), B Keays (Bris), B Newton (Melb), H Balic (Freo), M Shaw (GC), J Jansen (Bris)

Ruck: I Maric (Rich), J Griffin (Freo)

Fwd: J Watts (Melb), T Vickery (Rich), J Anderson (NM), K Lambert (Rich), B Brown (NM), S Edwards (Ess), L McBean (Rich), J Butcher (Port), R McKenzie (Rich), F McInnes (WC), S Kersten (Geel)

Rookie List: M Taberner (Freo), C Delaney (NM), G Nyuon (Ess), J Snadden (WC)