Harley Bennell

Started by Torpedo10, April 13, 2015, 10:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: My Chumps on September 07, 2015, 08:31:47 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on September 07, 2015, 07:00:12 PM
As much as i would love to have him at Essendon the team Essendon hate in the brown and gold still have cap room after they got rid of buddy and are interested in Bennell.
Please, please please for the love of god please go anywhere but Hawthorn

If he does wind up at the Hawks, it's further proof that the free agency system isn't working for the AFL.

Give back Buddy then!

And hes not a free agent.

My Chumps

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 07, 2015, 08:53:36 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on September 07, 2015, 08:31:47 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on September 07, 2015, 07:00:12 PM
As much as i would love to have him at Essendon the team Essendon hate in the brown and gold still have cap room after they got rid of buddy and are interested in Bennell.
Please, please please for the love of god please go anywhere but Hawthorn

If he does wind up at the Hawks, it's further proof that the free agency system isn't working for the AFL.

Give back Buddy then!

And hes not a free agent.
Sheeiiit good point, totally goofed that. Still, it would show the inherent flaw that players want to go to better clubs.

Grazz

Quote from: johnoP on September 07, 2015, 08:16:39 PM
I wonder if Geelong might have a crack at him instead/as well as Scotty Selwood.  Bennell+Danger would be an epic trade.
Be interesting to know what kind of value teams will put on him.

He's young enough and good enough that every team will be interested.

He is, has of tonne of talent and that's whats saved him here a lesser player would probably be wandering the wastelands already.
There isn't a club in the land that would or shouldn't be looking at him except for maybe GWS due to the amount of youth they have, clubs with senior leadership groups should all be looking at him. A mentor would be great for him look at Dusty and the job Choco did there. The key and I stress the key to it all is the individual has to want it also and I hope Harley does otherwise it's a massive waste of a very gifted footballer.

ronl

He'll be a fantastic get for whatever team he finally signs with. But, as Grazz has said, he'll need a strong mentor to sort him out Just hope it's not Hawthorn or Sydney, they've already got top class players coming out of their ears.

Ricochet

Quote from: ronl on September 08, 2015, 09:22:15 AM
He'll be a fantastic get for whatever team he finally signs with. But, as Grazz has said, he'll need a strong mentor to sort him out Just hope it's not Hawthorn or Sydney, they've already got top class players coming out of their ears.
They'll have to give up something decent to get him though

GCSkiwi

Not quite in the same league but anyone picking him up has got to be wary of another Ben Cousins/Dayle Garlett type decline... Huge potential but he really needs to sort himself out. At the same time, I think we need to remember these guys are only human and will slip up, I've definitely had arguments with bouncers when I was off my face, but no-one cares because I'm not famous ;) I think it's right for the Suns to move him on though, he had his lifeline with them. For his sake, I hope it serves as a wake up call and he find success elsewhere.

Gigantor

As much as I would love him at West Coast I think it would be a bad idea for him personally to return to WA

johnoP

He needs mentoring and a club with a strong culture.
Of the top of my head... every club other than GC, GWS, Melbourne or Carlton would work for him.

ronl

Maybe Geelong, maybe Richmond, what about North?  Footscray....sorry, Western Bulldogs... there you go, WB, tough coach, tough players, do as you're told...could be a good fit...imagine HB, Libba and the Bont, full steam, feeding off one another?  Oh yeah.

batt

I am a Harley fanboy but I reckon he's a top 5 talent in the AFL, he just doesn't string it together consistently enough.  All class, damaging, sees things others don't, unselfish, can kick goals.  Does it all.

I don't give a damn where he ends up I just want him to succeed so badly.  He is a pretty massive reason why I follow the Suns.

Don't f*** this up Harley, you could end up as one of the biggest wasted talents in history.