Things to look for in SC

Started by MissPies, March 19, 2010, 02:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissPies

The players you choose in DT are very different from those you want in your SC line up.

Accuracy has to be the biggest difference of all. SC based scoring system is indeed accuracy. Although the Super Coach site does not publish all scoring points or non scoring points there are still things worth taking into consideration.
*Where is the player on the ladder in SC ie: price/average
*What fundamentals has this player contributed to a game at the time of live scoring.
*A Clanger is going to get you nowhere.(a clanger is when you kick to the opposition)
*Hard Ball gets a plus
*Contested marks a plus
*Uncontested marks get you points but not many
*Goal kicked  = 8 a no brainer.
And the list goes on and on.

Strive to pick a gun in each position. Not just anyone but someone you truly feel and have researched will make a consistent effort and play 22 games. The rookie evlevations are somewhat left to be desired. Is it a team that NEEDS to play rookies? IE: hawks. or maybe bottom of the 2009 ladder with team over hauls.

Most of all before you choose any player in your team think about why you want them there. Do they have the stats to back them up?
There are so many aspects of the players to consider when choosing and  trading your DreamTeam/Super Coach. Thought I might mention a few that are not so  obvious.

*A lot of the players in the 200k-275k price range that  had an average of at least 60-75 last year may be prime picks for DTSC  scores of 90+ this year - if they are heading into their 3rd, 4th or 5th  year.

*Clubs such as Bombers, Richmond, Roos, WCE, Melb and Freo  have been forced to play rookies due to club overhauls, so picking your  rookies for first few rounds from these teams is a good idea if you  want to make money off them to trade later for guns.

*Rookies  that score big in the Nab Cup from Clubs that have better than average  players on their set 22 are less likely to play more than 10 games  unless a major player strikes injury early which in that case you can  trade for another 400k+ player.

*Players priced 380k+ with 2 or  more major injuries in their career are not likely to finish a season  and price will drop dramatically leaving you with a trade down effect.

*If  possible go for a cheap dual position player when choosing your ruck  emergencies(again from teams that are forced to play rookies due to Club  overhauls)

*Before making trades check if they are on the injury  list, I have seen so many people trade for a better player only to find  out later they are injured. (lol yes it happens)

*This may sound  silly but read the tabloids(yes New Idea and Womans Weekly lol).  Players who have wives or girlfriends in the spotlight may have added  stress on their minds before a game and you may want to put them in  emergency just for that week.

Food for thought

Prospector_1

Brilliant Miss Pies. You're not related to Mick Malthouse are you?

MissPies

Quote from: Prospector_1 on March 19, 2010, 02:49:26 PM
Brilliant Miss Pies. You're not related to Mick Malthouse are you?

Rofl no..good on ya
I just love my footy hun..first game my mum took me to was at windy hill age 4, bombers vs pies..pies lost but I chose to barrack for them anyway. Since then my mum who is now 60 has handed down all her memorabilia to me :) some damn nice stuff there too..old school logos etc

Prospector_1

Mum supported the Bombers? What school?

MissPies

my mum was pies..what school..shower.. a brick..i dont know ill ask her lol..and get back to you..you want primary or highschool? she was born carlton

Prospector_1

It's OK, just for a moment I thought she might be an Essendon / Poonee Monds person.

The Women's was in Carlton, so a mighty lot of people were born in Carlton!

You dang Pies, it might as well be a religion!

MissPies

Prospector_1

Don't see the avatar yet. It may need to be smaller than 128KB.

Is no-one reading your good advice?

MissPies

didn't do an avatar gave up ..here click this pic

MissPies

Quote from: MissPies on March 19, 2010, 04:15:18 PM

I dont care if anyone is reading my advice lol, i am just rambling..give or take. Im 36 lol so dont expect some firm busty 21 year old
didn't do an avatar gave up ..here click this pic

CFC 1979

a 21 year old couldn't dish out the same advise as you

nor spell it for that matter

Torress

good stuff, guess you will not be reccomending FEV will ya?? lol he must be in womens weekly and what not atm. but doesn't seem to bother him too much!!
random - moonee pond, i was there a couple of weeks ago visiting a mate (i live in TAS)

Prospector_1

stew

pay that....
.... dont you have another vote to be worrying about torress

Blueboys

Are you sure you are a pies support  ??? Because you are the first 1 on here that made any sence! lol
;D