Greenwood to miss 'a lot longer than round one

Started by LF, March 23, 2015, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-23/not-looking-good-for-levi

COLLINGWOOD president Eddie McGuire expects recruit Levi Greenwood to miss the early part of the season due to the ankle injury he suffered against the Western Bulldogs on Saturday night.

McGuire told Triple M he wasn't expecting to see Greenwood in the black and white in the early part of the season, echoing the post-game thoughts of Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley.

"He'll be tested today," McGuire said.

"I think it is going to be a lot longer than round one. I think he'll be out for a fair bit of the early part of the season."

The Magpies are expected to provide an official word on Monday afternoon after the scans are assessed.

Greenwood was hurt when his foot was caught under Western Bulldogs' forward Jarrad Grant during the third quarter of the team's 61-point loss on Saturday night.

Click here for full match coverage and stats
He has managed foot problems in recent seasons and was eased into pre-season training but had shown good form in the NAB Challenge.

Collingwood signed Greenwood on a four-year deal after he had a breakout year with North Melbourne, finishing third in the Kangaroos' best and fairest.

Mr.Craig

Could be a long year for Collingwood.

Well, not as long as the teams playing finals but you know what I mean.

T Dog

Reverse the Beames trade deals now. That's the fairest thing to do,  ;D

Ziplock

Quote from: T Dog on March 25, 2015, 08:36:05 AM

surprised that wasn't the first thing out of eddie's mouth :P

T Dog

Quote from: Ziplock on March 25, 2015, 06:18:37 PM
Quote from: T Dog on March 25, 2015, 08:36:05 AM

surprised that wasn't the first thing out of eddie's mouth :P

Wait for it    ;D

redfield

Showed what he can do in the VFL. I reckon he plays against the Dockers in two weeks.