SinnerZ 2015

Started by SinnerZ, February 21, 2015, 08:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinnerZ

Hey guys,

This is my first official post on FanFooty, but i have been reading on this website for the past couple years, gathering ideas and advice. So this year I've decided to join up and become apart of the FanFooty community.

So if anyone could spare a couple minutes i would really appreciate your thoughts and ideas for my team. Thanks.

DEF: M.Hibberd, B.Smith, J.Newnes, G.Ibbotson, B.Whitecross, Z.Jones (J.Hamling, M.Dick)

MID: T.Rockliff, G.Ablett, A.Treloar, B.Crouch, O.Wines, J.Steven, B.Newton, P.Cripps (T.Dumont, A.Vandenberg)

RUCK: T.Bellchambers, M.Leuenberger (T.Nankervis, E.Wallace)

FWD: D.Martin, D.Swan, T.Mitchell, T.Adams, J.Martin, M.Clark (B.Reid, D.Markworth)

$13,000 remaining

Thanks guys,

SinnerZ

Mr.Craig

Welcome to FF.

Looking like a pretty strong side overall. My main point of contention would be with Wines and Steven, I don't believe either will be premium and they aren't priced low enough to put on much money. Steven will likely continue to have up and down scores in a team that will struggle to be competitive. Wines I feel is always going to be that mid to high 90's player unless he can develop more of an outside game.

I haven't seen many signs that Markworth will get a game, that's probably the only other thing that sticks out.

Kellogscrunchynut

Main concern here is the mids, since you've selected three players averaging in the 90's which come with the associated risk factor.
Out of these 3 I'd say that Brad Crouch is the most likely to go into premium territory although with the other two as Mr Craig mentioned they are speculative picks. Wines is a brilliant player and will average over 100 at some point in his career although I can't see this season being that point. Stevens on the other hand has been averaging in the 80's and 90's for a few years and unless there is a drastic improvement in the Saints playing ability I can't see that changing.

Otherwise Backs, Rucks and Forwards are solid, except for Ben Reid.

SinnerZ

Thankyou for your feedback Kellogscrunchynut and Mr.Craig, your input is very much appreciated!!

I have taken in what you said about the young midfielders in my previous squad ^^^ (B.Crouch, O.Wines and J.Steven)......

I was wondering if you could let me know which one below would be the better option?

A) T.Rockliff, G.Ablett, A.Treloar, B.Crouch, O.Wines, J.Steven, B.Newton, P.Cripps (T.Dumont, A.Vandenberg) [ORIGINAL MIDFIELD]

B) T.Rockliff, G.Ablett, M.Barlow, D.Beams, A.Treloar, N.Van Berlo, B.Newton, P.Cripps (T.Dumont, A.Vandenberg) [NEW MIDFIELD]

The main differences between the original and new squads are B.Crouch, O.Wines, J.Steven vs. M.Barlow, D.Beams, N.Van Berlo.

Also,
i was wondering who the best F7 and F8 options are right now? At the moment i have B.Reid and D.Markworth, but obviously Reid has an injury cloud over him and Markworth's JS is questionable at best. Just wondering who i should be looking at to fill those last two positions in the forward line?

Thanks guys :)

SinnerZ

Mr.Craig

Team B looking good although I'd question Beams, can't see him doing any better than last year. I think he's more likely to drop down to the 101-103 mark.

With F7/F8 it all depends on how much money you are willing to spend. Normally it would be unwise to pick an untried KPF but Hogan is a special case and should really be considered. Seems like Membrey is firming for some decent game time, I wouldn't like to field him too often but is definitely one to look at. If Ben Lennon can work his way into the best 21 then he's capable of putting on big chunks of money. Salem, Krakouer, Steele and Daniel all have potential to be handy picks depending on how they preform in pre season. So there's a few guys to keep an eye on.

SinnerZ

Okay, so after lots of thought and effort over the past month. I have decided that the team below will be my team heading into the coming NAB challenge.

Love to hear your thoughts guys  ;)

DEF: M.Hibberd, B.Smith, J.Newnes, G.Ibbotson, B.Whitecross, B. Smedts (Z.Jones, M.Dick)

MID: T.Rockliff, G.Ablett, S.Sidebottom, B.Ellis, J.O'Meara, B.Newton, N.Freeman, P.Cripps (B.Acres, T.Dumont)

RUCK: T.Bellchambers, M.Leuenberger (T.Nankervis, M.Cox)

FWD: D.Martin, B.Goddard, D.Swan, T.Mitchell, J.Hogan, M.Clark (B.Lennon, C.Salem)

$2,000 remaining

Mr.Craig

Looks pretty good to me. Just be aware that O'Meara is a possibility to miss the first couple of rounds due to injury so you might need to reassess that pick.

SinnerZ

Quote from: Mr.Craig on February 24, 2015, 05:25:56 PM
Looks pretty good to me. Just be aware that O'Meara is a possibility to miss the first couple of rounds due to injury so you might need to reassess that pick.

Who would you say should replace Jaeger if he can't get up for round 1?

Mr.Craig

Back to Crouch I reckon. If O'Meara does end up being right for Round 1 I'd probably prefer him though.

SinnerZ

Just having a look at several different strategies and i thought "Hey, why not stack my midfield?"

So i went ahead and basically found value picks in my defence and forwards, and picked 8 premo's in my midfield.

Just wondering what the possible outcomes of starting round 1 with a stacked midfield? would it work?

DEF: S.Mayes, R.Henderson, E.Yeo, G.Ibbotson, Z.Jones, B.Smedts (J.Hamling, M.Dick)

MID: T.Rockliff, G. Ablett, M.Barlow, S.Sidebottom, JP. Kennedy, T.Greene, L.Parker,  D.Swan, (T.Dumont, A.Vandenberg)

RUCK: T.Bellchambers, M.Leuenberger (M.Cox, T.Nankervis)

FWD: T.Adams, J.Kelly, J.Martin, B.Kennedy, J.Hogan, M.Clark (C.Salem, T.Membrey)

Love to hear your thoughts guys !!!!

thefuzz

Quote from: SinnerZ on February 24, 2015, 08:38:29 PM
Just having a look at several different strategies and i thought "Hey, why not stack my midfield?"

So i went ahead and basically found value picks in my defence and forwards, and picked 8 premo's in my midfield.

Just wondering what the possible outcomes of starting round 1 with a stacked midfield? would it work?

DEF: S.Mayes, R.Henderson, E.Yeo, G.Ibbotson, Z.Jones, B.Smedts (J.Hamling, M.Dick)

MID: T.Rockliff, G. Ablett, M.Barlow, S.Sidebottom, JP. Kennedy, T.Greene, L.Parker,  D.Swan, (T.Dumont, A.Vandenberg)

RUCK: T.Bellchambers, M.Leuenberger (M.Cox, T.Nankervis)

FWD: T.Adams, J.Kelly, J.Martin, B.Kennedy, J.Hogan, M.Clark (C.Salem, T.Membrey)

Love to hear your thoughts guys !!!!
You've got what 9 keepers in this team? I haven't done the math but I'd assume a team with 12 keepers would probably score higher. If this is a strategy you want to pursue just do some maths regarding what you think the players will average and see which version produces the highest score.
Quote from: SinnerZ on February 24, 2015, 05:14:22 PM
Okay, so after lots of thought and effort over the past month. I have decided that the team below will be my team heading into the coming NAB challenge.

Love to hear your thoughts guys  ;)

DEF: M.Hibberd, B.Smith, J.Newnes, G.Ibbotson, B.Whitecross, B. Smedts (Z.Jones, M.Dick)

MID: T.Rockliff, G.Ablett, S.Sidebottom, B.Ellis, J.O'Meara, B.Newton, N.Freeman, P.Cripps (B.Acres, T.Dumont)

RUCK: T.Bellchambers, M.Leuenberger (T.Nankervis, M.Cox)

FWD: D.Martin, B.Goddard, D.Swan, T.Mitchell, J.Hogan, M.Clark (B.Lennon, C.Salem)

$2,000 remaining
O'meara to Rich is probably a good idea give O'mearas injuries.

d.clohesy

Also in general there are more midfield rookies/ bargains than other positions. So as good as having a stacked midfield looks. Maybe not as cash generation for the entire season

SinnerZ

Okay, so i have already made some changes since the last time i posted.

Would really appreciate if you could spare a couple of extra minutes so i can hear your thoughts/comments/suggestions. Thanks heaps guys. - rip into my team!!!

DEF: N.Malceski, B.Smith, J.Newnes, S.Mayes, B.Whitecross, B.Smedts (Z.Jones, M.Dick)

MID: T.Rockliff, G.Ablett, M.Barlow, T.Greene, D.Rich, B.Newton, N.Freeman, J.Anderson (A.Vandenberg, T.Dumont)

RUCK: T.Goldstein, M.Leuenberger (T.Nankervis, J.Griffen)

FWD: D.Martin, B.Goddard, T.Mitchell, T.Adams, T.Bellchambers, M.Clark (J.Hogan, T.Membrey)

$8,000 left

Thanks
SinnerZ

d.clohesy

Quote from: SinnerZ on February 27, 2015, 08:48:43 PM
Okay, so i have already made some changes since the last time i posted.

Would really appreciate if you could spare a couple of extra minutes so i can hear your thoughts/comments/suggestions. Thanks heaps guys. - rip into my team!!!

DEF: N.Malceski, B.Smith, J.Newnes, S.Mayes, B.Whitecross, B.Smedts (Z.Jones, M.Dick)

MID: T.Rockliff, G.Ablett, M.Barlow, T.Greene, D.Rich, B.Newton, N.Freeman, J.Anderson (A.Vandenberg, T.Dumont)

RUCK: T.Goldstein, M.Leuenberger (T.Nankervis, J.Griffen)

FWD: D.Martin, B.Goddard, T.Mitchell, T.Adams, T.Bellchambers, M.Clark (J.Hogan, T.Membrey)

$8,000 left

Thanks
SinnerZ

Great premos. But that has come at a cost i think. JS of smedts whitex jones newton freeman anderson vandenberg will be iffy i think. That said i know you can change them before round 1 after the nab.

Not sure that the scoring averages on mayes clarke hogan membery will be high enough. They should play. Mayes might average 60-70. But the others could average 40-60s imo

SinnerZ

PRE NAB 2 SQUAD

Hey guys, would really appreciate if you gave a few suggestions on my updated squad :) thanks heaps

DEF: B.Smith, J.Newnes, B.Sheppard, J.Geary, R.Henderson, B.Whitecross (M.Dick, J.Hamling)

MID: G.Ablett, M.Barlow, S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, N.Van Berlo, D.Rich, N.Freeman, P.Cripps (J.Anderson, T.Dumont)

RUCK: T.Goldstein, M.Leuenberger (T.Nankervis, M.Cox)

FWD: J.Bartel, D.Martin, D.Swan, T.Mitchell, T.Bellchambers, M.Clark (J.Hogan, K.Lambert)

$8,000 left over