Fantasy Premier League 2015/16 is open!

Started by Spite, July 14, 2015, 12:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerMan

Quote from: Spite on July 24, 2015, 12:07:20 PM
Just two more tips:

Don't spend more than 9.5m on keepers. Keepers all score basically the same amount of points, there's no point spending excessively on them. If you have a 5m keeper or more, you'll never play the other one so get a 4.0 one.
Or get two 4.5s and rotate them based on fixtures.

Have a contingency plan to get Aguero. He's 13.0 and if he starts to fire, you'll need to get him that round. If you don't and he goes big (which is often) then your season is pretty much done. Usually to do this you'll need a striker that's at least 8.5m otherwise you just won't be able to free up funds.

So do I with Aguero, start him on your bench, you don't need to be wasting transfers on getting him in. Just make sure you have depth in your forwards to help cover him.

Rusty00

For the veterans that play regularly, do you try and avoid the -4 for extra transfers as much as possible or do you try and use it tactically, regularly throughout the season?

T Dog

Generally tactically. Especially if getting players in for double game weeks.

Chelskiman

Quote from: T Dog on July 24, 2015, 11:15:46 AM
Solid looking start up Chelskiman.

Yeah, it looks pretty solid.  I did have a team with both Aguero and Costa up front, but it was much weaker in midfield.  This team is obviously strong in midfield, but weaker in attack.  Not that Costa is a bad pick, but there's always the worry of not starting Aguero and having to find a place for him later.  You don't wanna get stuck chasing points early, but other than that I think I have a decent balance to my squad.

The_Captain

Quote from: Chelskiman on July 24, 2015, 04:35:24 PM

Yeah, it looks pretty solid.  I did have a team with both Aguero and Costa up front, but it was much weaker in midfield.  This team is obviously strong in midfield, but weaker in attack.  Not that Costa is a bad pick, but there's always the worry of not starting Aguero and having to find a place for him later.  You don't wanna get stuck chasing points early, but other than that I think I have a decent balance to my squad.

Thoughts on harry kane at 9.5? I got on him at 5 last year first game in and wow he didnt let me down! have him at the moment, but is 9.5 too much?

Chelskiman

Quote from: The_Captain on July 24, 2015, 04:46:51 PM

Thoughts on harry kane at 9.5? I got on him at 5 last year first game in and wow he didnt let me down! have him at the moment, but is 9.5 too much?

I think it's going to be a tough ask for him to repeat what he did last season.  He'll still bang in the goals, but I'm not sure he offers any real value.  His price is refelctive of his performances last year, but I personally think he's over priced.  He was great last year because of how cheap he was.

The_Captain

Quote from: Chelskiman on July 24, 2015, 05:29:23 PM
Quote from: The_Captain on July 24, 2015, 04:46:51 PM

I think it's going to be a tough ask for him to repeat what he did last season.  He'll still bang in the goals, but I'm not sure he offers any real value.  His price is refelctive of his performances last year, but I personally think he's over priced.  He was great last year because of how cheap he was.

hmm thats true. Have him with costa and another bloke around 5,5 with a weird name that everyone has ha. Who should i trade kane to?

great white

Quote from: Spite on July 14, 2015, 12:13:51 PM
When the creator of last years league makes a team, we should all automatically be put in the same league as last year.

There's some interesting chances this year with "chips" involved.

One chip gives you triple captain score, another gives you all your bench playing while a third gives you a 2-5-3 all out attack formation. Wildcards count as chips and you have two. One this year and one next.
You can't play more than one chip a week. Lots of new tactics will come from this!

Good luck everyone!

PS dirkdiggler, if you want my advice this year, you just need to ask ;)
The league code for fanfooty is 32008-141017

Thanks, I've entered the league :) WINNING!

Jackross10

Luigi197

Courtois (Schwarzer)
Clyne, Fonte, Janmaat (Lescott, Baker)
Hazard, Cazorla, Chadli, Henderson, Wanyama
Costa, Kane (Deeney)
1.0 in the bank to spend.

Any thoughts? Pretty generic with a few thought picks. I can't see an immediate trading plan but i honestly can't see how you can predict these things when there are just too many factors to consider.

Spite

@Powerman

Don't think anyone is starting him so it may not be a bad strategy as when he starts to play and everyone trades him in, he will go up in price making him even more expensive. On the flip side, if he's out for more than a week then you're effectively just leaking points.
An idea is to start rooney and Costa and have money in the bank to make the switch when the time comes.

@rusty

Try not to take hits. The winner last year took no hits at all. If you do, only do it for a double Gameweek player or if you're a few dollars short of aguero/hazard and can't wait a week. Most of the time it's not worth it to cover a one week injury and the general rule is don't take hits for defenders - on average you'll lose points!

@Luigi

Solid team. Id spend the 1.0 on deeney to sakho and play 3-4-3. Sakho is the focal point of west ham so besides his tough round 1 opponent, he should snag a few goals early after that with their nice draw.

@chelskiman

It's a good team you've got for value for money but the lack of flexibility up front will cause you issues. How do you get in a giroud, lukaku, benteke or pele if they start hot? How will you work in Kun when he's back?

timmyparso

Costa La Vista!!

Cech (Guzan)
Mertesacker, Distin, Skrtel, Cedric (Bassong)
Hazard, Yaya, Cabaye, Milner (Richie)
Costa, Benteke (Agbonlahor)

Lets get this game going!!

DazBurg

Guzan, (Speroni)
Clyne, Jagieka, Fonte, (Morgan, Ward)
Hazard, Henderson, Schneiderlin, Carzola (Wanyama)
Aguero, Rooney, Agbonlahor

thoughts?

blue

I'm in again boys team name is happytimes. Will post my 1st cut shortly. Would love to comment on teams above but truthfully have no idea

blue

Cech ( speroni )
Clyne, Shawcross, o'shea, ( rose, cresswell )
Hazard, ozil, mane, Ritchie ( Ki Sung )
Costa, lukaku, Bojan

I'm fairly happy with my mids and forwards, maybe a question mark over Bojan, I just got a feeling if he's fit and ready that he might be good value.
I like to set and forget my keepers, would normally have 4.0 @ speroni but had .5 left over 10m on keepers
And gone 3 x 5.5 1 x 5 and 1 x 4.5 on defenders with no Chelsea, arsenal or Manchester players