Fantasy Premier League 2015/16 is open!

Started by Spite, July 14, 2015, 12:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spite

When the creator of last years league makes a team, we should all automatically be put in the same league as last year.

There's some interesting chances this year with "chips" involved.

One chip gives you triple captain score, another gives you all your bench playing while a third gives you a 2-5-3 all out attack formation. Wildcards count as chips and you have two. One this year and one next.
You can't play more than one chip a week. Lots of new tactics will come from this!

Good luck everyone!

PS dirkdiggler, if you want my advice this year, you just need to ask ;)

The league code for fanfooty is 32008-141017

Luigi197

Do Chips work like wildcards, as in you can only use them once a year? Not one a week right? aha

Spite

Quote from: Luigi197 on July 14, 2015, 01:10:45 PM
Do Chips work like wildcards, as in you can only use them once a year? Not one a week right? aha

Yep just once!

_wato

Interesting. I, very much like you Spite tried keeping on but instead of just a few weeks of not looking (I gave up completely) whereas you came back and finished very high last year so kudos to you.

Think I might be more intrigued this year. Wouldn't mind if I took part would you??

Spite

Quote from: _wato on July 15, 2015, 12:08:28 AM
Interesting. I, very much like you Spite tried keeping on but instead of just a few weeks of not looking (I gave up completely) whereas you came back and finished very high last year so kudos to you.

Think I might be more intrigued this year. Wouldn't mind if I took part would you??

Would love it mate! If the original creator of last years league doesn't play this season, then I'll be happy to make a new FF league :)

PowerMan

For those wondering about Sportal's EPL game they've teamed up with Real Dream Team under that banner.

Game has added a few features and will launch a EPL style draft version as well I believe.
along with having an eliminator competition.

oh and i forgot a rolling lockout for RDT EPL

Spite

Quote from: PowerMan on July 15, 2015, 08:05:31 PM
For those wondering about Sportal's EPL game they've teamed up with Real Dream Team under that banner.

Game has added a few features and will launch a EPL style draft version as well I believe.

Draft sounds awesome, I'll check it out.

RDT EPL last year was so meh, they should have capped the amount of players available from the same team I think...i had like half of chelsea at a stage...

Spite

Quote from: PowerMan on July 15, 2015, 08:05:31 PM

Hi PowerMan, I can't find anything about the draft style game, could you send me a link please? Cheers!

Chelskiman

Quote from: Spite on July 15, 2015, 01:28:17 AM
Quote from: _wato on July 15, 2015, 12:08:28 AM

Would love it mate! If the original creator of last years league doesn't play this season, then I'll be happy to make a new FF league :)

Just make a new one I say.  It's not hard for people to join with a new code.

Levi434

Anyone got some tips on what bench players/cheapies to get?

Chelskiman

Quote from: Levi434 on July 21, 2015, 02:34:12 PM

Look for new signings in clubs that are generally down the bottom of the table.  Those players are usually fairly cheap and should get a lot of game time.  Youngsters from top clubs that go out on loan to lower clubs are always good to look at too.  I guess just keep an eye on pre-season as well to see if anyone is going to have a breakout season as well.

nrich102

Signed up, any tips on players I should pick? Kind of just based my picks off the percentage of teams players are currently in.

Rusty00

I'm only a casual follower of the Premier League. When are final lineups usually announced by teams, is it just before kickoff? eg. Do you need to be tracking lineups right up until the final minutes before the deadline each week?

Spite

The League code for Fanfooty is 32008-141017

Spite

Quote from: Rusty00 on July 21, 2015, 10:13:46 PM
I'm only a casual follower of the Premier League. When are final lineups usually announced by teams, is it just before kickoff? eg. Do you need to be tracking lineups right up until the final minutes before the deadline each week?

Roughly 58 mins before kickoff. Round locks 1 hour before kickoff. It's not the same as AFL, you will go into the round completely blind which is why you need to know who is 'nailed' on to play (nailed being certain starter)

Quote from: nrich102 on July 21, 2015, 07:47:07 PM
Signed up, any tips on players I should pick? Kind of just based my picks off the percentage of teams players are currently in.

Chadli and Henderson at 7.0 are considered bargains, as is Sakho at 6.5 as a striker. Benteke at 8.5 could be, depending on how he fits in at liverpool.
Guns that you should start include Hazard and probably Rooney. Aguero is 50/50 for gameweek 1 but if it looks like he is playing, then its best to start with him as he is hard to get in being the most expensive player in the game by a mile.
There's also a whole bunch of good value 8.5 mids, one will be awesome, it's just hard to know which ones.

Quote from: Levi434 on July 21, 2015, 02:34:12 PM

See above, but also don't forget wanyama at 4.5, deeney/wilson at 5.5 as strikers for the promoted sides.