Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 25, 2016, 12:22:19 PM
Anyone know what's going on with Matt Jones?

A real enigma that one.

I've heard very little, but I think it was a mis-diagnosed soreness that was a bit more serious than first thought. I heard "rib" at one stage, but I dunno.

Would kinda like him back in the team tbh. He's probably ahead of Michie.

AFL injury list says he is 2 weeks away

Purple 77

Absolute trading steal.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2016-05-26/garlett-the-latest-to-sign-new-deal

Keep up the amazing work Jeffrey! One of the best small forwards in the business

Barra13

Hearing that TMac has signed a 4 year deal and will be announced later today.

Purple 77

Quote from: Barra13 on May 27, 2016, 01:30:53 PM
Hearing that TMac has signed a 4 year deal and will be announced later today.

OH!

Please be true!

Sure he has his flaws, but he is SO vital to our team.

I don't get how some demonlanders think he is expendable.

He'll play much better with Hurley in the team ;)

Purple 77

flowering god dammit Viney...

Toga

Apparently a broken knuckle to show for his troubles...

Barra13

Yep the suspension is really a moot point as he is out for 4 with surgery to his knuckle from an incident in the first quarter (not the melee action against Ebert).

Unless you went in on him for the Brownlow.

Barra13

According to Triple M, Trenners will play this week.

elephants

Quote from: Barra13 on June 01, 2016, 01:48:04 PM
According to Triple M, Trenners will play this week.

Very good news story, hope he goes well!

Barra13

I'd like to see Grimes and Trenners get the call up, just like old times, but in a better era.

Barra13

Football's forgotten man is on the verge of a stunning revival.
Melbourne coach Paul Roos confirmed on Wednesday that midfielder Jack Trengove - who hasn't played for more than two years - is in the mix to make his AFL return this weekend.
The former co-captain has been battling a chronic foot problem that began with a fracture in his navicular bone.
Trengove has been averaging 24 disposals and seven tackles in the VFL, and Roos has confirmed he's in the mix but no guarantee to take on Hawthorn on Saturday.
"He's getting close, there's no doubt," Roos said.
"His form's been really, really good but we need to look at the team. Obviously we've got Viney out and Garland out as well, so we need to look at the team and where we want to put players."
Jack Viney's injury and suspension surely opens the door for Trengove, which would be a like-for-like swap in the Demons midfield.
A lot has happened since Trengove last played at AFL level in round 2, 2014.
Trengove had played in just two wins in his last 24 matches.  Since then, the Demons have begun to turn things around with seven wins in 2015 and five wins from ten rounds this season, giving them every chance to play finals football.
"I don't want to build it up too much and then not pick him, so I've got to be a bit careful," Roos said.
"It will be big for the club, it will be big for Jack and it will be big for everyone. Jack understands where he's at and understands he's really close, but he's not panicking."
Roos said Trengove is likely to be one of five or six that will be considered to come into the side from the VFL, who had a bye last week.
The 24-year-old has averaged 19 disposals in his 81 senior games and, before injuring his foot, was seen as one of the Demons' most promising players during a difficult time for the club.
Trengove looked set for a move to Punt road at the end of 2014 before failing a medical, which blocked the move.
The proposed trade would have seen Melbourne part ways with Trengove and pick 23 and receive pick 12 in return, which the Tigers eventually used on Corey Ellis.
"Clearly he would want to play now and I've spoken to him about that. He's really in the mix of getting picked, which I think is a fantastic effort for him and where he's come from to do it so quickly," Roos said.

Barra13

LUCKLESS Melbourne midfielder Jack Trengove is in line to play his first AFL game in over two years when the Demons take on Hawthorn this weekend.

Chronic foot stress fractures have kept Trengove sidelined since Round 2 of the 2014 season but coach Paul Roos says the former club co-captain has put his hand up to make a long-awaited return with a string of good performances in the VFL.

“He’s getting close, there’s no doubt. His form’s been really, really good,” Roos said on Wednesday.

“I don’t want to build it up too much then not pick him, so we’ve got to be a bit careful, but it will be big for the club, it will be big for Jack, it will be big for everyone (when he plays). “Jack understands where he’s at. He understands he’s close, but he’s not panicking.

“Clearly he would want to play now, as we’ve spoken about, so he’s really in the mix of getting picked, which I think is a fantastic effort from him given where he’s come from.”

Trengove’s rapid rise into AFL calculations has surprised Roos, the coach admitting the 24-year-old was about five weeks ahead of schedule.

Trengove, the second overall pick at the 2009 draft, appears an obvious replacement for injured midfielder Jack Viney, who will miss up to a month after undergoing surgery on a broken knuckle suffered in last week’s loss to Port Adelaide in Alice Springs.

Jack Trengove is in the mix to play his first AFL game since Round 2, 2014 on Saturday. Picture: Wayne Ludbey
The combative onballer also accepted a one-week ban for striking Port’s Brad Ebert in an ugly incident.

Roos wants his players to have a hard edge and, while he agreed Viney had crossed the line in this instance, he won’t ask him to rein in his aggression.

“If it becomes a pattern then you tend to sit down and have a chat to him,” he said.

“He would know that he’s disappointed with himself and he shouldn’t have done it, so if that’s the case you tend to leave them alone but when it becomes a pattern that’s when, as a coach, you tend to step in.”

Roos will look at five or six players he said were in the mix for AFL call-ups against the Hawks, with Chris Dawes, Clayton Oliver and Lynden Dunn all in contention.

Heritier Lumumba isn’t one of those players but Roos said the veteran defender has made considerable progress in his recovery from a concussion suffered in round six.

Purple 77

That would arguably be the highlight of my season if Trengove made the senior team  :D

Big Mac

Purple 77

You bloody rippa!

Love it so much, I even changed my pic (temporarily)  :o :o :o