Main Menu

2016/17 Sheffield Shield

Started by PowerBug, October 25, 2016, 10:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

Handscomb surely gets into the test side after that knock?

JBs-Hawks

Nah

Out Burns + Voges

In

Renshaw + Dean

Ringo

Some further details on Renshaws innings yesterday.

31 minutes to get off the mark and 7 runs off 66 balls in the first hour. From these you can see why I rate Renshaw as a Test Opener. He is a left hander as well with a build a bit like Matty Hayden. Watching him bat he is a leaver of the ball early in his innings as demonstrated by the facts from yesterday.

At 20 years of age he is the future of Australian Cricket -

PowerBug

Quote from: Ringo on November 18, 2016, 09:41:34 AM

31 minutes to get off the mark and 7 runs off 66 balls in the first hour. From these you can see why I rate Renshaw as a Test Opener. He is a left hander as well with a build a bit like Matty Hayden. Watching him bat he is a leaver of the ball early in his innings as demonstrated by the facts from yesterday.

Jack Wildermuth though 8) Stuff the rest, this bloke will be the next number 6 AR for Australia :D

shaker

Yes exactly the young man they need to put in the team now but Ringo do you really think the selectors have changed that much overnight ? I doubt it I can see Handscomb getting the nod and if Burns gets dropped maybe he will get a go but still think they will choose someone older because that is what they do  ::)

PowerBug

Quote from: shaker on November 18, 2016, 01:50:02 PM

Yes exactly the young man they need to put in the team now but Ringo do you really think the selectors have changed that much overnight ? I doubt it I can see Handscomb getting the nod and if Burns gets dropped maybe he will get a go but still think they will choose someone older because that is what they do  ::)
I don't think Renshaw should go into the team. Bloke is playing alright but you can't just hand out a test cap because he played a decent innings! He played 9 matches last season, scored a 94, 170 and 146, but no other scores. I wouldn't be choosing him over Peter Handscomb who also looks like he can play a patient innings, has more cricket experience (Only 25yo!) and has a few more scores under his belt. I suppose both could come in as there's gaps at 2, 5, 6 for the next test.

PowerBug

Jackson Bird making the already stupid selectors look stupider.

BratPack

Even in Sheffield Shield cricket. Nathan Lyon is shower.

Torpedo10

So the selectors say a big 100 will be noticed this round.

Handscomb just scored 215.

Anyone think he might get selected, or will the selectors keep up the mediocrity.

fanTCfool

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 18, 2016, 05:05:20 PM
So the selectors say a big 100 will be noticed this round.

Handscomb just scored 215.

Anyone think he might get selected, or will the selectors keep up the mediocrity.

News in Victoria here tonight was going off, saying he is all but certain to be selected, I have no idea how they can be so sure with new selectors and whatnot.

Gigantor

nrich102

nrich102

5fa for the Dorf, surely he has to be on the selectors radar?

BratPack

On the radar maybe.....but if they didn't pick Bird cause he couldn't bat Dorf has FA chance

Gigantor

Neville gave the Australian selectors a big f-you with that innings, but until he learns to sledge he probably won't get picked   ;D