EXV: 2014 National Draft

Started by Holz, November 22, 2013, 11:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Holzman on November 25, 2013, 04:13:32 PM
Quote from: Scrads on November 25, 2013, 04:09:49 PM
Dom Sheed thanks!

well there you go the guy i would have taken at 12, looks like there was no way he was lasting to you CF/LH

Was a toss up between Him, Aish and Mcdonald at #4 No idea how he lasted til 12  :o

LF

We`ll take Luke Dunstan then

Holz

Ziplock

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 25, 2013, 04:21:42 PM
Quote from: Holzman on November 25, 2013, 04:13:32 PM
Quote from: Scrads on November 25, 2013, 04:09:49 PM
Dom Sheed thanks!

well there you go the guy i would have taken at 12, looks like there was no way he was lasting to you CF/LH

Was a toss up between Him, Aish and Mcdonald at #4 No idea how he lasted til 12  :o

yeah, I was tossing up over him and mcdonald at 7.

Holz

still 15 picks to go till serbia gets there first pick.

so it was Sheed Hogan Swallow for Martin.

it was a high price to pay, but hopefully it gets me the flag.

Ricochet

Very happy this guy has slipped through the last few picks.

Bashers will take Matt Crouch

The F.A.R.K.

Massive steal at pick 14, have no idea how he lasted to 23 at the Crows. Brenton Sanderson told the crows players he would throw a party if Matt was still available at pick 23 and now he has to stick to his word ;)

Averaged 37 disposals this year, 25 last year, the best inside midfielder in the draft...Ollie Wines was a huge pickup last year and went at 7 to Port, Crouch is Ollie Wines x 10

#creamedjocks #moist #bashers2013

Holz

the reason why he slipped is because you dont get points for playing in the SANFL. I think he is possibly the best DTer in the draft but not sure on his JS. Very similar to mitch grigg.

Holz

round 1 over, back to Hawka for the priortiy pick round.

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Holzman on November 25, 2013, 04:50:37 PM
the reason why he slipped is because you dont get points for playing in the SANFL. I think he is possibly the best DTer in the draft but not sure on his JS. Very similar to mitch grigg.

At the moment I would pencil him in to start the year in Vince's role. Wont be playing much SANFL ;)

Ziplock

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on November 25, 2013, 04:37:38 PM
Massive steal at pick 14, have no idea how he lasted to 23 at the Crows. Brenton Sanderson told the crows players he would throw a party if Matt was still available at pick 23 and now he has to stick to his word ;)

Averaged 37 disposals this year, 25 last year, the best inside midfielder in the draft...Ollie Wines was a huge pickup last year and went at 7 to Port, Crouch is Ollie Wines x 10

haha, I'd hoped crouch might have been available for my pick 24 :P

Honestly, I wouldn't have gone him with a top 20 pick... I heard his speed was worryingly slow, which didn't affect him at TAC, but his numbers were significantly lower in U18s against better opposition. That's why he slipped to the crows pick- it doesn't matter how good you are at getting possessions in B-grade, if you're too slow at AFL level you're not going to be getting much.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on November 25, 2013, 04:54:36 PM

At the moment I would pencil him in to start the year in Vince's role. Wont be playing much SANFL ;)

So the 'best inside midfielder in the draft' will be playing an outside mid role at the crows? ::)

Ricochet

Quote from: Ziplock on November 25, 2013, 04:55:49 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't have gone him with a top 20 pick... I heard his speed was worryingly slow, which didn't affect him at TAC, but his numbers were significantly lower in U18s against better opposition. That's why he slipped to the crows pick- it doesn't matter how good you are at getting possessions in B-grade, if you're too slow at AFL level you're not going to be getting much.
I haven't seen him play but from all reports he is a contested ball winner. So he gets to stoppages and wins the ball in close. Speed would help but its not as essential as for outside players.

Anyway, we'll see how he goes. Don't exactly need him to play for a couple of years with our young midfield anyway

Ziplock

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 25, 2013, 04:57:45 PM
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on November 25, 2013, 04:54:36 PM

So the 'best inside midfielder in the draft' will be playing an outside mid role at the crows? ::)

He'll probs score like vince as well... one good season, the consigned to mediocrity there after :P

Ziplock

Quote from: Ricochet on November 25, 2013, 04:59:40 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on November 25, 2013, 04:55:49 PM

I haven't seen him play but from all reports he is a contested ball winner. So he gets to stoppages and wins the ball in close. Speed would help but its not as essential as for outside players.

Anyway, we'll see how he goes. Don't exactly need him to play for a couple of years with our young midfield anyway

I'm just saying, we've seen accumulators like tom couch, cameron richardson just really struggle at afl level.

14th isn't too high to take him, like I wouldn't say you've jumped the gun. But I don't really think it's a massive steal, and nothing to be creaming your pants over :P