EXV: 2014 National Draft

Started by Holz, November 22, 2013, 11:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

Quote from: Holzman on December 03, 2013, 03:29:41 PM
Quote from: Scrads on December 03, 2013, 03:27:31 PM
Quote from: Nails on December 03, 2013, 03:24:37 PM
Quote from: Scrads on December 03, 2013, 03:21:43 PM
I don't actually think that means that our lists couldn't be that large at anytime. Basically after the Rookie draft you must have 40. Which means Zip will have to delist 7 players at least (which would mean all his rookie picks are skipped). If he delists 8 then he gets his first rookie pick and skips all the rest. If he delists 9 then he gets his first 2 rookie picks and skips all the rest etc etc.

It confuses me though Scrads. It clearly states "NATIONAL DRAFT" and then a line states explicitly

1. Squad numbers must not exceed 40 at any time.  Squads must be reduced by delisting in order to use picks in the draft.  If a team reaches it's capacity it will have to pass it's pick in the draft.

There's another banner for the rookie draft, so this is clearly in regards to the National draft.

Yeah I know what you mean, but it would have been silly to force us to delist players before the AFL Nat and Rookie drafts just in case players get picked up (like Darren Jolly could have been for me). I think it might have just been a mistake (Holz to verify).

sorry didnt look too closely at that, Spinking typed that one up it should be for the rookie draft not the nat.

Cool. So Nails, having over 40 at the moment is fine. However, after the next trade and delisting period you can only go into the rookie draft with a MAX of 40 players (which will mean you can't take any rookie picks). You can go in with as few as you like, and you will keep picking until you get to 40 players (additional rounds are added for any teams not at 40 players by the end of the allocated picks).

Scrads

And with that our National Draft is done :)

Bring on the official DPP changes so we can get stuck into our next trade period!

Holz

Holman still stands,

not a good player but i just want him on my list.

Ziplock

Haha, sweet, glad I didn't flower up in the end. I assumed our list sizes didn't have to be less than 40 until post rookie draft. Btw, surely I'm not the only one with a 40+ list atm....

Scrads

Quote from: Ziplock on December 03, 2013, 05:57:20 PM
Haha, sweet, glad I didn't flower up in the end. I assumed our list sizes didn't have to be less than 40 until post rookie draft. Btw, surely I'm not the only one with a 40+ list atm....

Definitely not, only one team has actually made delistings at this stage.

Nails

Quote from: Ziplock on December 03, 2013, 05:57:20 PM

Yeah I wasn't trying to imply that, when I was just looking at team lists yours looked huge so I counted yours and I didn't bother with any other team

Only needed 1 example to ask my question with. I'm sure most teams are 40+

Ziplock

well, considering only one team's done delisting, unless some teams have been seriously packaging together players, I think the majority are over the count :P

yeah, I had a couple of delistings/ retired players this year though, so all good :P