Main Menu

The 2016 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Pkbaldy, January 06, 2016, 09:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

Never too early to start this thread!! I've done a top 15 of this years Draftees based on what they have done last year (and training they've done with academies). It looks to be a decent year. Don't fret about the lack of Key Position players, Weitering and Schache weren't really talked about this time last year and they went at 1 and 2. This is just my personal top 15, with VicCountry (Could be slight bias) and WA featuring pretty well.

1. Ben Ainsworth (VicC-Mid/Fwd)
2. Will Brodie (VicC-Mid)
3. Sam Petrevski-Seton (WA-Mid/Def)
4. Jy Simpkin (VicC-Mid/Fwd)
5. Jacob Allison (BrisAcad- Mid)
6. Luke Strandica (WA-KPF)
7. Jonty Scharenberg (SA-Mid)
8. Jarrod Berry (VicC-Def)
9. Jordan Gallucci (VicM-Mid)
10. Sam Powell-Pepper (WA-Def/Util)
11. Brandon Parfitt (NT-Fwd)
12. Harrison Macaedie (GwsAcad-KPD)
13. Jack Bowes (GCAcad-Mid)
14. Josh Rotham (WA-Def)
15. Cameron Zuhaar (WA-Fwd)

Money Shot

I'm mates with Jordy Galluci and the kids a gun!!!

R.Griffen

Jonty Scharenberg!!! Watched him play many times just a gun. Reads the ball so well that allows him to play everywhere

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Money Shot on January 06, 2016, 10:56:15 AM

Well let him know I agree with him haha. Who does he follow?? Probably a stupid question.. Cos it'll be Carlton :P

Quote from: R.Griffen on January 06, 2016, 11:27:42 AM
Jonty Scharenberg!!! Watched him play many times just a gun. Reads the ball so well that allows him to play everywhere

Yup. He's 1 of the few I would put money on to go first round already.

Money Shot

Quote from: Pkbaldy on January 06, 2016, 11:42:27 AM

Well let him know I agree with him haha. Who does he follow?? Probably a stupid question.. Cos it'll be Carlton :P

Pretty sure he's a Collingwood supporter actually!

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Money Shot on January 06, 2016, 11:45:37 AM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on January 06, 2016, 11:42:27 AM

Pretty sure he's a Collingwood supporter actually!

Even worse :P Nah best of luck to him this year. If he keeps up what he done last year, first rounder for sure!

Toga

Have heard big things about Petrevski-Seton, will be good to see WA spit out a few this year after a bit of a poor year this year :)

Nige

Get right around Will Brodie and Jy Simpkin, absolute stars.

The two GC academy boys in Brad Scheer and Jack Bowes are guns as well.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Toga on January 06, 2016, 11:55:52 AM
Have heard big things about Petrevski-Seton, will be good to see WA spit out a few this year after a bit of a poor year this year :)

Yeah WA will be pretty damn handy this year (5 in my top 15, with Jeremy Goddard-Ruck as my 16th). SPS will be a super gun, I preferred him over Ah Chee and he is a year younger.

Ringo

There is an interesting dilema coming up next year.

Billy Lambert (18) son of Craig Lambert has now joined the Lions Academy with Craig moving to Lions as Welfare Officer.  Craig played 123 games for Richmond and 96 games for Bears/Lions. Who has first nibs on him Richmond under Father/Son or Brisbane under academy rules.  Bailey Lambert 2nd son 17 is reportedly better prospect than Billy.

Another on the Lions Academy to watch is Elliott Himmelberg.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ringo on January 06, 2016, 04:20:55 PM
There is an interesting dilema coming up next year.

Billy Lambert (18) son of Craig Lambert has now joined the Lions Academy with Craig moving to Lions as Welfare Officer.  Craig played 123 games for Richmond and 96 games for Bears/Lions. Who has first nibs on him Richmond under Father/Son or Brisbane under academy rules.  Bailey Lambert 2nd son 17 is reportedly better prospect than Billy.

Another on the Lions Academy to watch is Elliott Himmelberg.

You'd think he'd have the choice. Sort of like Bailey Rice did between St Kilda & Carlton this year.

tbagrocks

Powell-Pepper is already my man for this year! Looking at him last years Champs along with Petreski-Seaton (When will flog parents stop Hyphenating) and he's a dead set gun! Yes please? ;D

Pkbaldy

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 06, 2016, 04:31:18 PM
Powell-Pepper is already my man for this year! Looking at him last years Champs along with Petreski-Seaton (When will flog parents stop Hyphenating) and he's a dead set gun! Yes please? ;D

i'd consider him a deadset gun if he didn't get 9 clangers off 14 touches in the Championship :P

Kellogscrunchynut

What's the depth of this years draft like compared to last years?

Also there's a guy from North Ballarat Rebels who should be in the mix Jarrad Korewha I think.

Ringo