Main Menu

The 2016 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Pkbaldy, January 06, 2016, 09:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Quote from: Ringo on January 06, 2016, 04:20:55 PM
There is an interesting dilema coming up next year.

Billy Lambert (18) son of Craig Lambert has now joined the Lions Academy with Craig moving to Lions as Welfare Officer.  Craig played 123 games for Richmond and 96 games for Bears/Lions. Who has first nibs on him Richmond under Father/Son or Brisbane under academy rules.  Bailey Lambert 2nd son 17 is reportedly better prospect than Billy.

Another on the Lions Academy to watch is Elliott Himmelberg.
Relation to Harrison?

tbagrocks

Anyone watching #360 see Patreski Seaton on the panel with Gerard and Robbo?

I'll give you my tips now to be my boys at the Champs. Which I said earlier in the thread :P  But now it's April (My dogs name) and the Championships are not far away! Patreski Seaton and Powell-Pepper i'll be watching very, very closely for WA

Bill Manspeaker

Pkbaldy

I've been fairly inactive towards the U18s so far this season!! I've finally caught up to my research and this season is looking to be pretty damn good. It's nearly Junes and the top 20 would be so close in terms of talent and potential.
Quick update of my Top 20 power rankings as of 22/5/16.

1. Will Brodie - 189cm - 92kgs - VIC Country - Inside Midfielder
2. Sam Petrevski-Seton - 179cm - 70kgs - WA - Utility
3. Hugh McCluggage - 185cm - 75kgs - VIC Country - Inside Mid/ Fwd-Flanker
4. Jack Bowes (GC Academy)- 188cm - 77kgs - QLD - Inside Mid/ Fwd-Flanker
5. Jacob Allison (Brisbane Academy)- 193cm - 73kgs - QLD - Utility
6. Harrison Macreadie (GWS Academy - 195cm - 82kgs - NSW - Key Defender
7. Sam Powell-Pepper - 187cm - 92kgs- WA - Balanced Midfielder
8. Jy Simpkin - 182cm - 72kgs - VIC Country - Outside Midfielder/Fwd-Flanker
9. Jonty Scharenberg - 185cm - 77kg - SA - Inside Midfielder
10. Josh Battle - 192cm - 90kgs - VIC Metro - Key Forward
11. Brad Scheer (GC Academy) - 184cm - 82kgs - QLD - Inside Midfielder
12. Ben Ainsworth - 179cm - 74kgs - VIC Country - Fwd Pocket
13. Jarrod Berry - 191cm - 80kgs - VIC Country - Rebound Defender
14. Will Setterfield (GWS Academy) - 190cm - 79kgs - NSW - Inside Midfielder
15. Josh Rotham - 192cm - 82kgs - WA - Key Defender
16. Daniel Venables - 186cm - 81kgs - VIC Metro - Balanced Midfielder
17. Todd Marshall - 197cm - 87kgs - NSW - Key Forward/Ruck
18. Harry Perryman - 184cm - 75kgs - NSW - Inside Midfielder
19. Jarrod Gallucci - 183cm - 75kgs - VIC Metro - Outside Midfielder
20. Jack Scrimshaw - 193cm - 80kgs - VIC Metro - Key Defender

Nige

Looks pretty good at the moment.

No clear cut number one like previous seasons but it stil is early days.

We'll know more after the upcoming champs though, that's the next chance these kids will have to star.

Simpkin's a gun but broke his leg so that will set him back and may scare a few clubs off but imo he's easily top 5 on talent/ability.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Nige on May 24, 2016, 11:40:24 PM
Looks pretty good at the moment.

No clear cut number one like previous seasons but it stil is early days.

We'll know more after the upcoming champs though, that's the next chance these kids will have to star.

Simpkin's a gun but broke his leg so that will set him back and may scare a few clubs off but imo he's easily top 5 on talent/ability.

For sure. His ability to read the ball is amazing. Hopefully the right team will get him. Obviously a broken leg hasn't stop players from being picked early. Should still go round 1 for sure.

Nige

Also, watch this space on Todd Marshall, imo likely to be one of the first KPPs picked now that he's not gonna end up at the Giants.

Personally I reckon Jonty is better than his brother.

Ringo

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2016-05-24/allison

Information on Allison who PK lists at 5.  Will be interesting to see who we pick with our first pick especially if we finish 14 or below.  I think we have enough points stored to get Allison using our 2nd pick plus stored future picks if needed.  He will definitely stay in Qld though.

Great to see the talent now coming through from NSW and Qld as a result of academies.

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on May 25, 2016, 04:13:16 PM

Information on Allison who PK lists at 5.  Will be interesting to see who we pick with our first pick especially if we finish 14 or below.  I think we have enough points stored to get Allison using our 2nd pick plus stored future picks if needed.  He will definitely stay in Qld though.

Great to see the talent now coming through from NSW and Qld as a result of academies.
Yeah, from what I've read, we have enough to get whoever we want with our first pick, and then use our next 2 picks on Allison and someone else (who I've forgotten).

Pkbaldy

Quote from: GoLions on May 25, 2016, 04:20:33 PM
Quote from: Ringo on May 25, 2016, 04:13:16 PM

Yeah, from what I've read, we have enough to get whoever we want with our first pick, and then use our next 2 picks on Allison and someone else (who I've forgotten).

Jack Rolls would be that guy. Mid/Def. Pretty handy, will be a late first round, early 2nd round bid at the moment.

Ringo

Thanks PK Was trying to remember as not all academy players play in Lions reserves.

Atto

R.Griffen

Sam Petrevski-Seton is my number 1. Kid has just gotta get on the park. A consistent performer

Pkbaldy

Quote from: R.Griffen on June 20, 2016, 03:19:21 PM
Sam Petrevski-Seton is my number 1. Kid has just gotta get on the park. A consistent performer

Yep showed his stuff on the weekend. Still so even across the board!! Will be an interesting couple of months.

_wato

Wow vic country would be showere without Brodie McCluggage and Ainsworth.

Those 3 boys are scary good. All top 5 worthy imo

See their games the other day? 29 touches, 20 odd and 3, and 4 goals in a quarter respectively