Main Menu

EURO Trading

Started by Holz, September 03, 2012, 12:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: picker_man on January 09, 2013, 07:43:06 PM
pffft Cotch will do a Rocky ::) and your guessing Pendles will go back to 115-120 just like you are cotch wont go on with it next yr

no idea how this came up but there not going to ave that much difference to make it a worthy arguement.... both guns always will be and if you dont have either bad luck :P haha

im thinking cotchin 110-125.

Pendles 117-120.

Just had to go with safety

The F.A.R.K.

Pendles copped a few knocks and a few heavy tags last year, just had an off year

They will both average the same imo

picker_man

Quote from: Holzman on January 09, 2013, 07:46:25 PM
pffft Cotch will do a Rocky ::) and your guessing Pendles will go back to 115-120 just like you are cotch wont go on with it next yr

no idea how this came up but there not going to ave that much difference to make it a worthy arguement.... both guns always will be and if you dont have either bad luck :P haha

im thinking cotchin 110-125.

Pendles 117-120.

Just had to go with safety

I think your predictions are spot on Holz

You get the guy you always wanted + the safety that comes with pendles. I get a bit more of a risk with Cotch but a few yrs in age to make up for it

either way we both win :)

Adamant

Pickers, I'm not saying that Cotchin will do a Rocky, I'm just saying that Pendles is way safer. I reckon Cotch will average 115+ for sure, but there's still an element of risk coming off a breakout season.

An even trade - the safety off Pendles compensates for Cotch being 3 years younger. :)

picker_man

Quote from: Adamant on January 09, 2013, 08:05:25 PM

Pickers, I'm not saying that Cotchin will do a Rocky, I'm just saying that Pendles is way safer. I reckon Cotch will average 115+ for sure, but there's still an element of risk coming off a breakout season.

An even trade - the safety off Pendles compensates for Cotch being 3 years younger. :)

sorry Adz I read it wrong :-[ i see what what your saying now and I agree 8)

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: whatlez on January 09, 2013, 07:32:44 PM
I doubt Cotchin will drop too much. I would pick Cotchin over Pendles.

Cotchin 2013 Brownlow Medalist, Pendles probs won't win one...

So you'd pick Judd over pendles too?

picker_man

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 09, 2013, 08:15:34 PM

I dont think he said he will pick Cotch over Pendles just cause he thinks Cotch will win a brownlow and Pendles prolly wont ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: picker_man on January 09, 2013, 08:19:26 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 09, 2013, 08:15:34 PM

I dont think he said he will pick Cotch over Pendles just cause he thinks Cotch will win a brownlow and Pendles prolly wont ;)
I would DT draft cotch ::) silly people... ._.

picker_man

you would "DT draft Cotch" that makes sense ::) silly person....

picker_man

Quote from: Holzman on January 08, 2013, 12:33:03 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on January 08, 2013, 12:27:52 PM
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on January 08, 2013, 03:14:58 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on January 08, 2013, 02:59:06 AM
haha, am I the only one who hasnt had insane changes to his squad? I've lost riewoldt + murphy, and thats it... golby + bugg pushed into my 15, but apart from that my squads pretty much the same :P
Silly you you are now bottom 4 contendors

haha, we'll see.

Zip has a hard draw, he is the only team that plays the 2013 premiers twice.

was wondering when the draw will be out Holz?? if not already :-\

The F.A.R.K.

Can understand why holz did the trade

Pendles has a few years of proven dt premium cotchin has 1 year. Simple as that and id probably do the same

PowerBug

Quote from: picker_man on January 09, 2013, 05:56:51 PM
Thats the whole art of trading ::) Would be one of the worst things to take that away

If you dont have the player to get the guy you want, you then have to plan and use others ways to trade in the guys there after, then on trade them to get the player you want, if this was taken away it would be way to hard to improve your team.

On trading imo is a skill, its an art something that makes trading fun!! If you wanna stop lots of trades make it 5 list movements but dont ruin the only skillful part of it
If you need to get a player through another player you don't have, do a 3/4/5 way deal.... I just said sotp this crappy ontrading players who have found themselves new homes. Perhaps a limit of 1 ontrade per side, as it did happen once or twice during the AFL trade period :)

Also, Nails has given me control of the team for this trade period. :) So send any PM's to me. :)

Justin Bieber

Anyone wan to trade with me? :)

Scrads

Quote from: Scrads on January 08, 2013, 12:27:37 AM
First thing I want to say guys is can we please respect HP's wishes in not using the 'r' word, that has been used many, many times the last few pages and it is getting to me now aswell.

Second of all I want to really put something straight. The thought of a 'realistic' competition (i.e. having one like the AFL) is pretty much near on impossible for several reasons. The main reason is that we have the capacity to trade A LOT more than AFL clubs. When players get traded from AFL clubs 95% of the time it is because they are not getting oppurtunities, are not happy at the club they are at, chasing big $$$ or want to return home. The club they get traded to have to a) want the player, b) be prepared (and be able) to cater for their salary and c) be willing to give up assets roughly of what they are worth.

In our game, the only thing we have to contend with is both coaches wanting the other players and be willing to give the correct assets. We don't have to worry about the general happiness/welfare of the player. The players don't have to buy new homes, move their families, negotiate for higher/lower wages, fill out contracts which need to be honoured or payed out etc. In real life, a trade is actually pretty hard to come together quickly and successfully. In this comp, all there needs to be is a pm from one person to another saying 'I will give you Ablett for Rutten' and another saying 'OK Deal'.

I do not think it would be possible to actually manage our competition to the point where our trade and squad activity are as realistic as the AFL. It would seriously need a trading cap of maybe 3 or 4 and that's it. I don't know about everybody else but I quite enjoyed the way our trade periods have run. The main thing it does is keep activity and interest up for a very long and arduous period over the summer.

Now onto the youth v age topic, look what I have done to my side over the trading periods. My starting team from last year was:

B:Carrazzo, Broughton, Guerra, Gram
M:Ablett, NVB, Bartel, Judd
R:Bellchambers
F:SJ, Pav, Porplyzia, Ballantyne
U:Ebert Masten

With Fasolo, Ibbotson, Ellis, Wellingham, McDonald my main reserves.

This has now turned into:

B: Broughton, Hartlett, Guerra, Howard
M: Stanton, Ebert, Masten, Shiels
R: Leuenberger
F: Ryder, Martin, Whitecross, Breust
U: Foley, NVB

with Pederson, Vince, Mackay, JJK, Jetta, Walters, Schulz my main reserves.

The age of my squad has taken a nose-dive, the only player in my starting 15 who is 'old' is Guerra and the only reason I didn't try and trade him is because he is a defender so is harder to replace than all the other positions and I knew I wouldn't get what he is worth to my side. He may even be replaced by Pederson during the season depending how things go.

As you can see though, I have completely turned over what was a great unit (forgive me for getting a big head but what was probably the best starting 15 of last year's comp) however a very, very mature and aged one into one full of young guns and great depth for the loss of IMO very very little average points per game. It just shows you can go the 'youth' way without having to decimate your short-term performances.

TL;DR ? Everybody shut up and get on with it.

PB I think this post by me sums up why the trades in this comp don't resemble real AFL trades in case you missed it.

Justin Bieber

It's impossible and boring to keep to AFL rules.