EXV: 2013/14 Trade Talks

Started by Holz, July 22, 2013, 01:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on September 12, 2013, 03:33:36 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 11, 2013, 11:59:32 PM
I'm helping out JBs this trade period for the Lions.

We're on the lookout for a forward.

This is the offer I received

Tom Lynch (Crows) + First round National Pick for Jamie Elliot + Matthew Shaw

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It's called negotiation.

Matt Shaw averaged 70 this year and showed some very good signs. I'd back him to become a premium (80+) def in the near future which makes him easily equal to pick 13.

Lynch had a great year this year but he's not going to do the same when Walker is back in future seasons while Elliot also has plenty of scope for improvement.

FYI It's definitely not the worst trade offer I've seen this period.

The first offer I got from Scrads was Zaharakis+Parker+Mitchell+Rookie 4 for JJK :P lol

And in the Asians someone offered David Swallow for Ablett.

If think a deal isn't suitable come back with a counter offer. If you not I'll move on and talk to someone else.

elephants

Tom Lynch will improve without opposition teams best defender chasing him around. He'll get a licence to roam too as Walker slots back in at FF.

And don't talk to us about people not coming back with counter offers. This is pretty much a dog thread about FARK's offers and not once did we get a counter offer back.

Justin Bieber

I don't mind the trade tbh... Better than any of farks offers lol

Ziplock

that trade was in the realms of possibility, like you can see how it would be passed.

Some of farks stuff are just...

Scrads

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 13, 2013, 12:14:44 PM
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on September 12, 2013, 03:33:36 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 11, 2013, 11:59:32 PM
I'm helping out JBs this trade period for the Lions.

We're on the lookout for a forward.

This is the offer I received

Tom Lynch (Crows) + First round National Pick for Jamie Elliot + Matthew Shaw

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It's called negotiation.

Matt Shaw averaged 70 this year and showed some very good signs. I'd back him to become a premium (80+) def in the near future which makes him easily equal to pick 13.

Lynch had a great year this year but he's not going to do the same when Walker is back in future seasons while Elliot also has plenty of scope for improvement.

FYI It's definitely not the worst trade offer I've seen this period.

The first offer I got from Scrads was Zaharakis+Parker+Mitchell+Rookie 4 for JJK :P lol

And in the Asians someone offered David Swallow for Ablett.

If think a deal isn't suitable come back with a counter offer. If you not I'll move on and talk to someone else.

Just to clarify in case it wasn't blatantly obvious, I was clearly taking the piss :P

elephants

Of course Lez/Zip dont mind the trade. Look how bad their teams are!

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on September 13, 2013, 02:15:30 PM

you guys finished one spot above me on the ladder, so I dunno if you should really be talking :P

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on September 13, 2013, 02:52:21 PM
Quote from: elephants on September 13, 2013, 02:15:30 PM

you guys finished one spot above me on the ladder, so I dunno if you should really be talking :P

Ravaged by injury and still beat you. Says more about your lot than us :P

Ziplock

haha, you're not the only team who had injury issues.

besides, you were touted to be pushing for the premiership...

that puts you on like wce/ adelaide level :P

Ricochet

I'd take WCE. Premiership favourites, destroyed by injuries.

elephants

It's the gravity of our injury issues you clown. How do you not get that?

The F.A.R.K.

Birchall, Stanley, Reilly, Murphy, Swallow, Carrazzo, Hmac, Daisy, Cyril, Pavlich, Knights all suffered pretty serious injuries (at least 2-3 games minimum)
Pretty sure that injury list does not compare to any one elses

elephants

More than 2-3 even, most of those are LTI's.

Holz

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on September 13, 2013, 04:49:33 PM
Birchall, Stanley, Reilly, Murphy, Swallow, Carrazzo, Hmac, Daisy, Cyril, Pavlich, Knights all suffered pretty serious injuries (at least 2-3 games minimum)

to be fair Murphy Hmac Daisy Rioli all had injuries concenrs around them going into the season.

I had Boyd go down, that guy must have played 200 games in a row, than he comes to serbia and falls apart.

Ziplock

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on September 13, 2013, 04:49:33 PM

that's not marc murphy is it? he only missed one game... what was his serious injury?

let's face it, hmac, rioli and knights are all injury prone. Pavlich and Carrazzo are pretty old, and carrazzo was shower even before his injury.

Birchall, Stanley, Daisy, Reilly were all unlucky, I'll give you that. The others though all presented their risks when you drafted/ traded for them- risk/reward scenario.

I had goodes, christensen, hawkins, Grimes, Smith, Lynch all have injuries (as well as others), but I'm not really doging since half of them always presented a higher than average risk of injury.

Like you were unlucky, but it definitely wasn't massively surprising.