Ringos Team Thread 2024

Started by Ringo, January 25, 2024, 10:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Sweet a definite option next week for an up down. Only doing these 2 this week saves a boost as well.

Ringo

Made a big rookie mistake did not check after reversals and have Tom Green on bench with no emergency, No doubt will cost me big time but at least I had Max as VC.

Anyway first thoughts on trades this week. Sharp to Sweet and one of Massimo/Williams to a prem defender or mid,

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on April 26, 2024, 08:05:55 AMMade a big rookie mistake did not check after reversals and have Tom Green on bench with no emergency, No doubt will cost me big time but at least I had Max as VC.

Anyway first thoughts on trades this week. Sharp to Sweet and one of Massimo/Williams to a prem defender or mid,

Will have to have a close look at Sweet, 4-5 weeks long enough to make some coin, the only risk is Port opting for Finlayson. Naismith should get DPP, that's the other thing to consider, I think his JS is better however Kosi did well in the VFL so perhaps he gets a reprieve.

Ringo

With Massimo out had to use a boost to avoid a donut so went Missimo to Dale with not a lot of confidence as he could be bevod. Unfortunately dries up cash so we wait and see B/Es etc and possible injuries hope Rozees is not too bad as can hold for a couple of weeks.
Everyone will be on Sweet next week with no surprises there.
So next week someone down to sweet and someone up to a prem if enough cah if not maybe double downgrade if Riley Garcia shows a bit,

Ringo

Rd 7 Results

Score: 2,285
Round Rank: 31,676
Overall Rank: 36,935 (up 3.626)
Cash $18,400

Trades - Coffield, Dempsey, D'Ambrossio to Burgoyne, Dale and Hugo Garcia.
Trades Remaining - 24

Rd 7 Team

Good:Sheezel, Daicos, Dale, Burgoyne, Serong, Wilson, Graham,Roberts, Gawn, English, Heeney, Flanders, Fyfe. Darcy
Average: Clohessey, Bontempelli,
Bad: Williams, Garcia, Lohmann,
Ugly:Sharp, Powell
Super ugly: Not checking thoroughly after reverse trade and leaving Tom Green on bench with no e.

Not a bad week apart from the basic error and moving up the rankings,

Trades this week and do I use final boost. Need to wait and see on Rozee 2/3 weeks keep over 3 trade.
Assuming Rozee safe initial thoughts,
Williams to Rogers
Sharp to Sweet
And if I boost
Powell to ??? Would have 773k available. Options Merrett, Rowell, Martin, Walsh, Cripps, Miller, or forwards Zorko, Waterman, Curnow. Liking Martin as a POD atm with Essendon having a nice draw as well. Trading Martin in leaves 195k in kitty, Real tossup between Martin and Merrett.  To assist with bye structure as all have the dreaded Rd 14 bye maybe consider Dawson back in or as a POD Josh Kelly with Rd 15 bye, Andrew Brayshaw Td 12 bye, LDU, Josh Dunkley with Rd 12 bye,

So basically sit on 2 trades and assess next week

Colliwobblers

Super! strong week (without Libba or Stewart + the Green incident).

Powell out first, then Sharp then Williams for mine.

Sweet and Rogers the pick of the rooks and your FWD line is stronger than most holding Fyfe, and your defense solid getting on Dale, so I'd get Merrett or Rowell or Walsh (or Dawson) and beef up the mids, especially if Rozee misses games.

Bully

I'll second that, grab a gun mid, Merrett is just so consistent he would be my pick. Martin is still a bit of a butcher, I just don't trust him and I've owned him before in years gone by.

arbel

I think Merrett the pick of those. Super consistent. I've had him since the start and is just a solid player.
Could go Dawson as last 2 weeks have been better but can you trust him

Mat0369

That sucked about Green because it would have turned a good week into an amazing week. Dale was a masterstroke and hopefully he keeps up the scoring and is an absolute steal for you.

There is a little bit of dead weight on your bench with Mannagh, Clark and Reid. Sharp to Sweet is the one trade that makes a ton of sense to lock in.

I'd move Powell on, it may be an overreaction with Phillips probably getting dropped. It looks like Simpkin and Curtis were getting in there ahead of him and he had 5 total CBA's which is where the points come from. The week prior he had 23 with Wardlaw out but it looks like Clarko wants to get Simpkin back into the guts and I wouldn't be shocked if Sheezel is more of a permeant fixture next week.

Doing just the 2 trades you could afford someone like Miller/Gulden. I think if you held Williams last week I'd keep holding at this point, the sub score comes out and his cash gen starts again.

Ringo

Got some thinking to do this week - Injuries to Rozee and Green Rozee already confirmed out and Green may be.
Roberts will have a high B/E and Rampe's return seems to have hampered his role.  Round only half over so hopefully no more carnage.
Loved watching my projected tumble.

Ringo

Rd 8 Results

Score: 1.989
Round Rank: 82,538
Overall Rank: 43,542 (down 6,517)

Trades - Powell. Williams, Sharp to Rogers, Merrett, Sweet
Trades Remaining - 21 (No boosts)
Cash $133.400

Rd 8 Team

What a disastrous week some of my own making and some beyond my control

Good: Daicos, Dale, Stewart, Serong, Merrett, Bontempelli, Gawn, English, Heeney, Flanders, Wilson.
Average: Graham. Clark, Garcia, Sweet, Lohmann,
Bad: Roberts, Sheezel, Liberatore, Clohessy,Reid,
Ugly: Burgoyne, Green, Rozee, Rogers, Darcy, Fyfe, Selection of emergencies

Will have to wait on injury reports.  Hearing some things concerning Libba as well.
At this stage team selections allowing

Darcy to Jones gives me $324k to play with.

Options to consider assuming no issues with Libba and Green possibly only a week.
1. Rozee down to Oliver Probably a must at this price but with Rd 14 bye. Leaves me $367k for further upgrades
2. Rozee up to Neale/Dunkley better for bye struture and leaving me between $230k - $250k depending which I choose.  Zorko also an option with a further $40k saving.

If Libba not selected and with history of head kncks should he go before Rozee

If i risk keeping Rozee
Roberts up to Ryan leaving me $98k.

Next week Reville will be on bubble and should retain position with McCarthys injury so another downgrade at $102 with DPP.  Happy for slow burn on the bench.

So waiting for medical reports tomorrow,

arbel

Yeah Libba could be out with what happened a few weeks ago and now this week think he is out, how long is the issue though. Green you hold as I think will only be a week at max if out at all.

I would be worried about Rozee, they played him after his scan showed a 'nick' in his hammy. That is usually 3 weeks on side to let heal so if he's made that worse who knows but has that low score in his cycle so he could bleed money. I think wait to see if he's out.

Fyfe vest is not a good sign, think this will be the way they play him through the year

Ringo

Waiting to see on Fyfe as I suspect precautionary as Dockers play Friday night and the short turnaround.

Rozee is confirmed out this week think I seen somewhere so he may be the one to go.

Colliwobblers

That's carnage in your midfield (premiums), Libba didn't look good, but if no concussion fingers crossed he plays this week if not next.

Maybe the payoff if Oliver is back and at the price you get him for, is worth the one bye round fielding a rook due to structure.

I think Rozee definitely has to go.

Parish is seriously worth looking at also this week, if you didn't trust Oliver, I'd like them both but that bye...

On the upside if the lions are back Lohmann might score that every week. He looked pretty darn good.

Darcy to Jones
Rozee to Oliver
$369,400 in the bank. Probably means you can finish the midfield over the next two weeks.

Obviously if Libba or Green are long term injuries that forces your hand.

Ringo

Other option if Both Libba and Rozee are out

One to Oliver and the other Dunkley,Neale,Zorko,Butters, Brayshaw or Young for bye structure,