White 21d 12k 9h

GoLions

Barra13

No, he had a rest day.

This might tell a bit more of the story;

GoLions

Stretch with 11 tackles, nice!

elephants

So has Wagner replaced Matt Jones across halfback? His last two matches have coincided with a quieter one from M.Jones and then him being 'rested'.

Purple 77

Quote from: elephants on April 26, 2016, 02:21:13 PM
So has Wagner replaced Matt Jones across halfback? His last two matches have coincided with a quieter one from M.Jones and then him being 'rested'.

I don't think so; IMO Wagner has replaced Garland, and that Hunt might make way for M Jones. However, the Dees might keep persevering with the impressive Hunt, so he might not get back in this week.

Trenners had 10 tackles as well?! WOW! Cheers for the stats barra.

We're all getting exciting about Truck, but Trenners stats have been consistently better IMO! But I imagine the Dees will make him play another month or so at Casey yet.

Speaking of Truck... does he play this week? He's "unlucky" that we've been in consistent good form for the first time in 5 years :P

MAYBE! This is what happens:

In: Oliver & Petracca (*moans*)

Out: Brayshaw & Frost/Harmes (depending on how tall/small we wanna go)

Purple 77

Haha, just reading through first page or 2 of this ever-growing thread. Thought I'd take advantage of this at least temporary optimistic feel I have about Melbourne to see how far my opinion and view of melbourne has changed.

For context, this thread started after being 0-3 at the start of 2014 (start of the Roos Reign), (also before our win against Carlton in Round 4), and we were woeful in those 3 games. I've never reacted worse IRL to a loss than I did Round 1 of 2014 against the worst 22 St Kilda fielded for the entire year (and they won the spoon that year), and I still sometimes think of what transpired that night  :-X

I was dead on the money on some of the things I pointed out at the time :P but also equally wrong about other things (like Neville Jetta).

But I'm most proud of this:

Quote from: Purple 77 on April 07, 2014, 10:02:33 AM
The only way to break this losing mentality, and to get rid of the scars on these players, is to get rid of them. It is the only way to start afresh. The following players should be delisted/traded:

Bail, Rohan
Barry, Dom
Blease, Sam
Byrnes, Shannon
Evans, Michael
Grimes, Jack
Jamar, Mark
Jetta, Neville (R)
Jones, Matt
McKenzie, Jordie
Nicholson, Daniel
Pedersen, Cameron
Spencer, Jake
Strauss, James
Tapscott, Luke
Terlich, Dean
Trengove, Jack

All these players have either shown a huge incompetency in skill, and/or is a list filler, and/or have been at the club too long and shown nothing.

That sir is 17 players. The remainder being comprised of debutants (and some second years), good players, and Jack Watts (I still haven't lost my defence for him). And Jimmy Toumpas, who I'm told by everyone I meet he has potential I am yet to see.

Clark, Mitchell
Clisby, Mitchell
Cross, Daniel
Dawes, Chris
Dunn, Lynden
Fitzpatrick, Jack
Frawley, James
Garland, Colin
Gawn, Max
Georgiou, Alexis (R)
Harmes, James (R)
Hogan, Jesse
Howe, Jeremy
Hunt, Jayden
Jones, Nathan
Kennedy-Harris, Jay
Kent, Dean
King, Max (R)
McDonald, Tom
Michie, Viv
Riley, Aidan
Salem, Christian
Toumpas, Jimmy
Tyson, Dom
Vince, Bernie
Viney, Jack
Watts, Jack

Clark at this stage looks like he may retire altogether, and Frawley will of course go to someone like Hawthorn, as I am sure he is rightly sick of Melbourne. Why would he turn down a chance of winning more than 6 games a season? Hell, a chance at a premiership!

What that leaves, is a mere 8 players that have been exposed to 2 or more seasons of hell. Imagine the mindset and freshness the other 37 would bring!

Barra13

Quote from: elephants on April 26, 2016, 02:21:13 PM

Matty Jones has been playing a couple of roles on the half back line and also half forward. He took a big hit last week so is being managed. His form has been pretty good so he could work his way back into the team. It is his running power that gets him a gig. Usually has the highest amount of km clocked up on the GPS for the whole team.

Purple 77

It's happening!

Petracca to debut

WHOO! And I love it that he's debuting against St Kilda, a little poetic even if McCartin has been going well for them!

Purple 77

Great picture btw Barra  8)

kilbluff1985

Big Mac

BOY OH BOY WOWEE

GET THE FLOWER AROUND THE BIG MAN

PETRACCA COMING STRAIGHT FOR YOU ST KILDA

Barra13

Yep.

It's flowering circle jerk time.

Purple 77

Dunno guys, I'm tempted to temporarily change my Hulk picture to Petracca in the lead up to this game.

But I feel like if I cheat him, he'll cheat me?

ossie85

Quote from: Purple 77 on April 27, 2016, 08:07:33 PM
Dunno guys, I'm tempted to temporarily change my Hulk picture to Petracca in the lead up to this game.

But I feel like if I cheat him, he'll cheat me?

Hogan = Hulk, Petracca = Petr Acca = Peter Parker = Spider-Man?