EPL Official Fantasy 2013/14

Started by elephants, July 17, 2013, 02:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on July 19, 2013, 09:11:42 PM
Quote from: Popey99 on July 19, 2013, 08:34:13 PM
How do players rise in price? Playing around with formations etc won't be a problem for me as I'm an experienced A-League fantasy player so get the base of the game, but the price changes are really what interest me...

It's complicated until you get used to it so I'm going to be a little lazy answering this one!  ;D

Here's a link. Everything you need to know is in this write-up.

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/making-millions-in-the-fantasy-premier-league-game/

Ooo yeah VSA, getting around this one 8)

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: elephants on July 17, 2013, 02:32:26 PM

More of a question for yourself here VSA.
Is Mingolet Liverpools new number 1? He looks pretty tasty @ 5.5 mill if he can beat out Reina, especially considering Pool's early fixture and their clean sheet likelihood.

Cheers champ!

Watch this space LE... Rafa wants Pepe!

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4019/transfer-zone/2013/07/20/4128792/napoli-target-reina-after-giving-cesar-24-hour-ultimatum?ICID=OP

elephants

I really hope he goes! Been playing with the team for the last 15 minutes and I am much happier with the Mingolet-Coleman combo than I am with the Foster-Agger one :P

Reina was a great servant for me last APL season though ;)

Really struggling to pick reliable forwards as well :-\ Anyone else having the same problem?

juzztheball

Anyone here do sportal premier league?

If so, flick me your league codes :)

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: elephants on July 20, 2013, 02:25:10 AM
I really hope he goes! Been playing with the team for the last 15 minutes and I am much happier with the Mingolet-Coleman combo than I am with the Foster-Agger one :P

Reina was a great servant for me last APL season though ;)

Really struggling to pick reliable forwards as well :-\ Anyone else having the same problem?

And he's gone! Season long loan deal, Pepe to Napoli with a view to a permenant move. Mignolet is the new #1 keeper at Pool.

Tominator

VSA you really know your stuff... who are some bargains in each position?

Is there gonna be another Lambert this year?

Thanks mate 

Tominator

FIRST UP TEAM:

GK: Mignolet (Mannone)

DEF: Vertonghen, Glen Johnson, Bassong (Reither, Baker)

MID: Bale, Hazard, Silva, Snodgrass (Kacaniklic)

FWD: Deulofeu/Anelka (which one??), Van Wolfswinkel, Bony

No money left in the bank either.

Thoughts on this team are much appreciated!!! :)

Nige

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: Tominator on July 20, 2013, 02:29:05 PM
FIRST UP TEAM:

GK: Mignolet (Mannone)

DEF: Vertonghen, Glen Johnson, Bassong (Reither, Baker)

MID: Bale, Hazard, Silva, Snodgrass (Kacaniklic)

FWD: Deulofeu/Anelka (which one??), Van Wolfswinkel, Bony

No money left in the bank either.

Thoughts on this team are much appreciated!!! :)

Hey Tom,

Hmmmm I was about to dismiss the Mannone pick, but now need to look at that myself (Thanks for bringing him to my attention ;) ). He could provide great value! He will get plenty of save opportunities, (Those little 1 point gains for 3 saves in FPL add up - See Jusi and Mignolet last year for proof) Sunderland haven't really recruited to strengthen their defence over the summer. His save rates were a tick under Mignolet last year so all things being equal he could present similair value. I also like Mignolet now that Pepe is off to Napoli. The only suggestion I would have for you is to find two goalies on opposite sides of the draw e.g. When Mannone/Mignolet is playing away, you can bench them and play a goalie who is at home. It's a tactic I will be looking at this year and extending into my defence.

Your defence is very strong with good picks. Riether and Baker are showing up everywhere including my team, but yet to lock them in myself. The main question mark I have here is the spend. Vertonghen is a great pick but very pricey at 7.0. He really needs to average at least 5 per game from the start for you to get value for money. Spurs first three games will be difficult to keep clean sheets, an energetic, revved up C Palace to start, then Swansea, then away to Arsenal. After that their draw softens, so if you do have an eye on getting him in have another look a few rounds in.

Love the mids!  8) Snodgrass is the only iffy one for me. He is a very good player, but I'm just not sure yet if he will be value for money. That said Norwich do have a soft draw early and he will be relied upon to get thier campaign off to a good start with Holt having departed! I am thinking of running Kacanaklic on the field; just need to know he will play regular 90 mins before I commit.

The forwards for me are risky. All three are new to the PL, and Anelka wasn't convincing in China last year. VW certainly looks the goods and will be strongly considered in my final team. He has a great strike rate over the last three years, in Europe as well as domestic!

Overall I would look for more value in defence, and the lower end mids, and pump that cash into those forwards.

Who is the new Lambert? I don't think there will be a player that will take the PL by the scruff of the neck this year like he did. Murray would have been the most likely but he will be out for a while, and even then I didn't think he would quite stack up to Lambert' numbers. The best prospects seem to be coming from outside England, but they are priced accordingly and then we run the gauntlet of who will be able to adapt to the English style of play quickly.

Someone will bob up, we just need to be quick to jump on early! :D

elephants

Ok boys, so the DT has gone down the drain this week. FPL focus increased by 200% haha.

I'll try get around to throwing some advice at the teams posted in here later in the week when I get a day off :) Don't expect anything as amazing and comprehensive as VSA is dishing out! :P

Nige

Quote from: elephants on July 21, 2013, 08:16:15 PM
Ok boys, so the DT has gone down the drain this week. FPL focus increased by 200% haha.

I'll try get around to throwing some advice at the teams posted in here later in the week when I get a day off :) Don't expect anything as amazing and comprehensive as VSA is dishing out! :P

Looking forward to it nonetheless.  8)

timmyparso

Thoughts on Bony and Mirallas? Is bony worth 8M?

Nige

Quote from: timmyparso on July 21, 2013, 08:56:47 PM
Bony's probably worth it, but I wouldn't go near Mirallas.

Tominator

Quote from: timmyparso on July 21, 2013, 08:56:47 PM

if he provides some of this he will be

Wilfried Bony 2012/13 highlights - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_r486KLjqA

Tominator

Victor Wanyama is 5.0 ..... seems like a bargain doesn't he ? for my M5 spot.. him or Kacaniklic?

And is Mertesacker good value at 5.5 given Arsenal's easy run? Considering dumping Vertonghen cos 7.0 seems a bit pricey