EPL Official Fantasy 2013/14

Started by elephants, July 17, 2013, 02:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: Jukes on July 18, 2013, 08:09:29 PM
Holt went to Wigan...

I wouldn't be picking him up from either team I think... Not this year anyway.

Nige

Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on July 18, 2013, 08:12:58 PM
Are there any Fulham fans around that may be able to shed light on Kacanaklic' chances of playing regular first team football?

stew42 is a Fulham fan. May shoot him a PM or bring this thread to his attention or the question at the very least.  :)

Popey99

Hey guys, first time EPL fantasy player and have done a few hours worth of solid research to come up with a team. Most players I have only heard of in a talent sense rather than fantasy, so will be interesting to hear your thoughts on my team.

Szczesny, (Boruc)
Reither, Rat, Coleman, (Collins, Clyne)
Bale(C), Hazard, Silva, Snodgrass, (Kacaniklic)
Bony, Torres, Van Wolfswinkel.

Obviously defence is ridiculously cheap but I know in this game from just looking at the scoring, as soon as the opposition scores a goal there goes the points, so you may as well go cheap there with the inconsistency. Mids and fwds look strong, but I'm cautious choosing both Bony and Wolf as we don't know how they will adapt to the EPL.

But anyways, I mostly just talk researched crap so let me know whether my team is any stock at all!

Nige

My biggest problem with that team is Torres, as a Cheslea supporter, I'm not confident.

Jukes

Torres hahahhahaha

I'd struggle to pick him if he cost 6.0

Nige

Quote from: Jukes on July 19, 2013, 12:13:38 AM
Torres hahahhahaha

I'd struggle to pick him if he cost 6.0

I'd hardly go near him at 4.0

And I've always been a fan...

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on July 18, 2013, 12:48:49 PM
Stekkers and Guzan all the way

You mean the GK's for the teams that kept the least number of clean sheets last season with Guzan allowing through 65 goals?
Hm, your choice.

Quote from: NigeyS on July 18, 2013, 11:38:51 AM
A Liverpool keeper? I could never!  ;)

They were great defensively under Rodgers ;)

Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on July 18, 2013, 06:50:39 PM
Well, now that it seems my supercoach team has been taken up the top paddock and put to sleep......  :'( It's EPL all the way! perfect timing really.  ;D

I am not really sure on the GKP situation at Pool LE.

You have to assume we got Mignolet in for a reason, but we're a sentimental bunch at Anfield; we wouldn't just chuck Pepe out with Tuesday nights rubbish.  ;)

I suspect Pepe will be given a chance first up, with Mignolet getting his chance here and there. If Pepe genuinely slips up though....He will be one testimonial from retiring to whatever sun drenched part of the world takes his fancy.  ;D

Don't forget Aussie Brad either, but he's obviously not really in the picture if they went and got a new keeper of Mignolet' quality.

I would be hesitant to select either until we know who the first choice keeper is. Keepers are something I try to put little work into during the year.

I'll be 'keeping'  8) tabs on the pre-season games though, and will let you know if any patterns point to a conclusive answer.

Hahaha same goes with the DT :P Ranked 2500 (exactly) but meh, moving on haha.

Thanks man, aprreciate it. I like him as a keeper and I like Liverpools defence. It's a wait and see, not keen on spending 5.5 mill on a dude who only plays half the time!

Quote from: NigeyS on July 18, 2013, 11:18:11 PM
My biggest problem with that team is Torres, as a Cheslea supporter, I'm not confident.

Surely not Nige, come on man!

Lukaku > Torres 8)

Jukes

Quote from: elephants on July 19, 2013, 12:44:33 AM

They cost 5.0 each and are clear best at their clubs which won't go down.

Tominator

VSA is a bloody legend on the EPL Fantasy threads. Love your work mate keep it up!

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on July 19, 2013, 12:50:49 AM
Quote from: elephants on July 19, 2013, 12:44:33 AM

They cost 5.0 each and are clear best at their clubs which won't go down.

Both had their moments this season.

elephants

Quote from: Tominator on July 19, 2013, 12:53:31 AM
VSA is a bloody legend on the EPL Fantasy threads. Love your work mate keep it up!

Haha he is a beast, absolute champion 8)

Nige

I still don't think I could bring myself to pick Mignolet now that he's a Liverpudlian. :P

Lukaku > Torres. Indeed. ;D

I might shy away from Cech for Stekkers or someone else, we'll see.

I'm leaning towards downgrading Dagger and maybe getting in Bale for Sessegnon.

I'll play around with my side after I take care of the AFL fantasy problemos. 

CrowsFan

Just out of interest VSA what was your final ranking for last season?

I'll start offering some of my own advice when we get closer to the start of the season for those that are interested in hearing it :)

Nige

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 19, 2013, 01:45:18 PM
Just out of interest VSA what was your final ranking for last season?

I'll start offering some of my own advice when we get closer to the start of the season for those that are interested in hearing it :)

I'd love to!  8)

Popey99

Ok boys clearly it seems Torres wasn't the way to go but no need to laugh at me, as i said I'm brand new to this. I have got in Lambert for him who seems a solid option?