I'm seeing so many teams with Ah Chee in them

WTF?  :o
+1

DCAK

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 13, 2017, 08:35:08 PM
What the hell am I missing?

Well with Mitchell & Priddis retiring there are two spots up for grabs in the WC midfield, I'd say Ah Chee is a very good chance to grab one of them. I'd also say Redden will have a significant role to play in 2018, If I had bigger plums I'd start with him.

crowls

Quote from: DCAK on December 13, 2017, 10:44:09 PM

Well with Mitchell & Priddis retiring there are two spots up for grabs in the WC midfield, I'd say Ah Chee is a very good chance to grab one of them. I'd also say Redden will have a significant role to play in 2018, If I had bigger plums I'd start with him.
so ah chee gets the gig what are eagles coaches expecting ah chee to avg.  will it be based on increased tog or inc pts/min or both?.      without this estimate we cannot assess viability of the option..

DCAK

Quote from: crowls on December 13, 2017, 10:57:03 PM

so ah chee gets the gig what are eagles coaches expecting ah chee to avg.  will it be based on increased tog or inc pts/min or both?.      without this estimate we cannot assess viability of the option..

What do the WC coaching staff think BAC will average, as in SC avg? I doubt they'd give a hoot. But... Data shows that in the 5 games he played for Port in 2016 he spent the majority of his TOG in the forward 50 where it's hard to rack up the SC points.  His avg TOG was 78, so if he took up a role in the midfield there is definitely scope for him to increase both his avg TOG and disposals.  This still would not make him a keeper as far as being a MID goes, but it might make him a decent FWD option.

RaisyDaisy

Yeah he might get games for us, but surely you could find rookies who will score the same?

Makes no sense at all to me to pick him at his price

quinny88

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 13, 2017, 11:28:45 PM
Yeah he might get games for us, but surely you could find rookies who will score the same?

Agreed. Especially when there are cheap proven options like Lids, Bennell and Christensen

DCAK

Quote from: quinny88 on December 13, 2017, 11:41:27 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 13, 2017, 11:28:45 PM

Agreed. Especially when there are cheap proven options like Lids, Bennell and Christensen

You'd rather pick Lids or Bennell? Lids can't even get on the park, an absolutely terrible pick and at a heavily discounted price for a very good reason, Bennell same same.  Then there's Christensen, games played since 2011: 16, 16, 18, 8, 22, 11, 0.  Good luck with that trio.

GoLions

VenaGOAT gets one of those spots. Other spot could go to one of their new draftees. Someone like Duggan or Yeo could see a lot more midfield time.

crowls

Quote from: GoLions on December 14, 2017, 01:24:48 AM

VenaGOAT gets one of those spots. Other spot could go to one of their new draftees. Someone like Duggan or Yeo could see a lot more midfield time.
GL   you got a lot of love for GOATS going on mate.   

GoLions

Quote from: crowls on December 14, 2017, 08:59:15 AM
Quote from: GoLions on December 14, 2017, 01:24:48 AM

GL   you got a lot of love for GOATS going on mate.
I don't make the rules

_wato

Yeo will play half back, I mean he is an All Australia defender. Yes he'll get mid time but he and Duggan will rotate imo. Duggan 70/30 will play on ball with Shuey + Sheed with Gaff on the wing. Venables isn't just gifted a spot. Plus apparently Ah Chee is impressing everyone on the track. He WAS drafted as a mid but couldn't crack it due to PA's abundance of mids. They acquired him for a reason, he won't just sit around. He'll get a fair crack in the guts for WCE. Do we all remember they've lost Mitchell and Priddis? The midfield looks super thin.

Ricochet

It's really only the one hole that needs filling. Last year Redden replaced Priddis in the middle about halfway through the year and Priddis spent more than normal amounts of time fwd. So if all fit and healthy the they only need to replace Mitchell

Shuey, Sheed, Redden, Hutchings with Yeo and maybe Duggan getting in there at times.

Ah Chee, Venables, Partington and other kids pushing to get time in there too.

DCAK

Quote from: _wato on December 14, 2017, 01:08:12 PM
Yeo will play half back, I mean he is an All Australia defender. Yes he'll get mid time but he and Duggan will rotate imo. Duggan 70/30 will play on ball with Shuey + Sheed with Gaff on the wing. Venables isn't just gifted a spot. Plus apparently Ah Chee is impressing everyone on the track. He WAS drafted as a mid but couldn't crack it due to PA's abundance of mids. They acquired him for a reason, he won't just sit around. He'll get a fair crack in the guts for WCE. Do we all remember they've lost Mitchell and Priddis? The midfield looks super thin.

Agreed

kilbluff1985

thoughts on Daniher ? tempting for that price range

not missed a game in 3 years

SilverLion

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 17, 2017, 12:46:19 AM
thoughts on Daniher ? tempting for that price range

not missed a game in 3 years

Wish I could say there are better options available, unfortunately the FWD line is a bit of a shot in the dark this year.

I'd say he is as good an option as any really.