Thinking about 2018

Started by enzedder, August 20, 2017, 11:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

With this season nearly done and one eye looking towards next year, it's time to speculate about who are the likely types that will make up our R1 teams next year.
After the JOM, Swallow and Rough flops this year I'll likely ignore the mid pricers in 2018. I don't think there will be many gems anyway.
Def - Docherty, Yeo, Laird and perhaps Sharenberg to contradict what I just said.
Mids - probably 6-7 of...Danger, Titch, Dusty, Kelly, Fyfe, Beams, Cripps, Oliver.
Rucks - Ryder, NicNat.
Fwds - will look at...DPP types and Buddy.

Gigantor

At their current averages Danger, Dusty, Tmitch, Kelly and Doch would equal 3.24 Million  :o

Thats a third of your cap right there, you will be hoping for a lot of cheap solid rookies being available rd1 to pull it off haha

Gigantor

Was just having at look at players who will receive some sort of discount next year, these are the few that stood out,

NicNat - Lock
Bennell - Injury prone
Christensen - Scoring potential?
Ceglar - JS issues

Coniglio - Scoring potential?
Mitch Robinson - Scoring potential?
Angus Brayshaw - Scoring potential?
Lycett - JS issues
Deledio - Injury prone
Omeara - Injury prone
Cyril - Scoring potential?

Not a lot of quality there, NicNat the only one that is really a lock, should be priced at about 400k
Ceglar and Lycett could be worth a look if cheap enough and have R/F DPP

Anyone got the balls to run the JOM gauntlet again haha, will probably be priced in the low 300's like this year

enzedder

Quote from: Gigantor on August 20, 2017, 01:17:23 PM
At their current averages Danger, Dusty, Tmitch, Kelly and Doch would equal 3.24 Million  :o

Thats a third of your cap right there, you will be hoping for a lot of cheap solid rookies being available rd1 to pull it off haha
I said 6-7 of those mids so one or two of those listed could be dropped, anyway just putting out FWIW, which is bugger all at this stage  ;)
As to your JOM question, it's a solid no from me.

GoLions

ZZZZZZZZZZORKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

poolboybob

I'm not sure if somebody will step up and become a premium, but there is going to be a lot of inside midfield time to go around for the Eagles that has been taken up by Priddis and Mitchell this season.

Yeo will be a very good defender; Robbie Gray probably should be a FWD/MID.

LordSneeze

Gray should be a lock forward
Might be a few others get DPP, but possibly lose, Heeney, Macrae, Dahl

Laird Lock Back
Doc Lock Back, but could get Mid Status or DPP
Yeo will be tasty in Def especially if he gets some of the Weagles Mid Time. Gaff was the one who picked up when both were out in R15

Nic Nat should be a lock Ruck potentially with an underpriced Gawn???

Danger Lock??? could be priced at 750-800k
Martin will depend on which team he is at, likely to not select to wait and see what happens
T Mitchell can he go again with such big possession numbers
Oliver Broke it massively this year, can he back it up given he is only a 25-30 game player
Kelly looks a gun, but not sure where he will be yet.
Zerrett can only improve in a building team
Cripps injury Prone
Hanners, Kennedy, Pendles, Treloar have all burnt us at some point this year
Rocky not sure where will be, but will be massively underpriced for what a fully fit Rocky can do
Beams looking back to his best, what happens if they lose rocky though
Zorko has gone to another level this year

I could go on, lots of prem choice next year.

kilbluff1985

def Docherty, Hurley, Hibberd, Crisp
mid Danger, Titch, Kelly, Zorko, Dusty
rucks ryder, nic nat
fwds sidebottom, Daniher

Trindacut

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 23, 2017, 04:54:05 PM
rucks ryder, nic nat
fwds sidebottom, Daniher

How does Daniher make it in as a lock before the others? He's a KPP, and far from the best out there too.

RaisyDaisy

Locks at this very early stage

DEF: Doch, Laird
MID: Danger, Titch, Fyfe
RUC: NicNat
FWD: Gray

Hibberd has been awesome for me and is a big part of the Dees setup so he is very close to a lock too

Fyfe should be under-priced a little, and Titch is just super consistent which is what I want

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Trindacut on August 23, 2017, 06:12:02 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 23, 2017, 04:54:05 PM
rucks ryder, nic nat
fwds sidebottom, Daniher

How does Daniher make it in as a lock before the others? He's a KPP, and far from the best out there too.

will only get better imo and fwds hard to charge who will be one or not he probs not 100% locked but gonna be strongly considered

kilbluff1985

ppl will question starting Danger but the fact that 130 is a below average game for him is a must for Captain options

Gigantor

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 26, 2017, 09:56:21 PM
ppl will question starting Danger but the fact that 130 is a below average game for him is a must for Captain options

Yeah Danger lock, Dusty, Tmitch and Doch are going to be the tough choices

dottman

Max Gawn 98% of teams.

Gary Ablett, not even in my mom's team.

StuL

Quote from: enzedder on August 20, 2017, 11:26:11 AM
With this season nearly done and one eye looking towards next year, it's time to speculate about who are the likely types that will make up our R1 teams next year.
After the JOM, Swallow and Rough flops this year I'll likely ignore the mid pricers in 2018. I don't think there will be many gems anyway.
Def - Docherty, Yeo, Laird and perhaps Sharenberg to contradict what I just said.
Mids - probably 6-7 of...Danger, Titch, Dusty, Kelly, Fyfe, Beams, Cripps, Oliver.
Rucks - Ryder, NicNat.
Fwds - will look at...DPP types and Buddy.

Flowered off with Beams nearly costing a premiership. Avoiding premos in rubbish teams next year. Oliver just about essential. Will only consider Yeo as a defender.