Thinking about 2018

Started by enzedder, August 20, 2017, 11:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowls

Quote from: _wato on December 03, 2017, 07:47:48 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on December 03, 2017, 05:29:37 PM
If Brett Deledio and Harley Bennell can get their bodies right they could both go 100+ and be bargains. Big IF though

Not a chance
Lids will be 31 and therefore not qualify in my team.   Bennell is still a possibility and I am unlikely to start him.

quinny88

Quote from: crowls on December 03, 2017, 08:56:24 PM
If Brett Deledio and Harley Bennell can get their bodies right they could both go 100+ and be bargains. Big IF though

Not a chance
Lids will be 31 and therefore not qualify in my team.   Bennell is still a possibility and I am unlikely to start him.

Not a chance of them going 100+ or not a chance of getting them? Haha

quinny88

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 03, 2017, 07:38:31 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on December 03, 2017, 05:03:23 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 03, 2017, 04:39:03 PM
Dahl had an ordinary year, like most of the Dogs

Heeney, Billings, Dahl would be my 3 locks at this stage, and even with all their changes Robbie Gray will be very hard to ignore

What do you see changing with Gray though? They changed his role to a permanent forward, he made all Australian so a super year but still only averaged 91 and now they've added more mids to their team.

90+ is a prem fwd. The reality is barely any forwards will go 100+. Gray has the history so he has to at least be strongly considered

Barely. There were still 11 guys that had a higher avg than gray and that was a horrible year for forwards. Certainly haven't ruled him out completely but can't see myself starting him unless a clear role becomes apparent in the pre season. One that includes a bit of midfield time hopefully

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: quinny88 on December 03, 2017, 10:06:08 PM

Heeney, Billings, Dahl would be my 3 locks at this stage, and even with all their changes Robbie Gray will be very hard to ignore

What do you see changing with Gray though? They changed his role to a permanent forward, he made all Australian so a super year but still only averaged 91 and now they've added more mids to their team.

90+ is a prem fwd. The reality is barely any forwards will go 100+. Gray has the history so he has to at least be strongly considered

Barely. There were still 11 guys that had a higher avg than gray and that was a horrible year for forwards. Certainly haven't ruled him out completely but can't see myself starting him unless a clear role becomes apparent in the pre season. One that includes a bit of midfield time hopefully

There were only 3 forwards who went 100+ this year. Macrae and Yeo were 2, and they are no longer forward, and the 3rd was Ryder who we don't know about yet

Only 14 forwards went 90+, and a bunch of them are no longer forwards

Considering Grays history and assumed price, he is a strong chance to start for me

crowls

Quote from: quinny88 on December 03, 2017, 09:52:24 PM

Not a chance

both, even if they did avg 100+   would noybe full seasons.   fwds prem expect to score 2000+ points to get a starting gig.

quinny88

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 03, 2017, 10:15:09 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on December 03, 2017, 10:06:08 PM

There were only 3 forwards who went 100+ this year. Macrae and Yeo were 2, and they are no longer forward, and the 3rd was Ryder who we don't know about yet

Only 14 forwards went 90+, and a bunch of them are no longer forwards

Considering Grays history and assumed price, he is a strong chance to start for me

The thing that really puts me off him is the 38, 30, 44, 45. Will go big when he kicks goals but the up and down is Tom Lynch 2.0
Has the round 8 bye again so im happy to wait and see on him Wingard and Boak and grab one after their bye

RaisyDaisy

Yeah I just said he needs to be at least considered

The bye, and the unknown of all the new players in their side is probably enough alone to pass and reassess at R9

_wato

Quote from: crowls on December 03, 2017, 10:42:02 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on December 03, 2017, 09:52:24 PM

Not a chance

both, even if they did avg 100+   would noybe full seasons.   fwds prem expect to score 2000+ points to get a starting gig.

Exactly

_wato

Annoyed Lobb is FWD only, dunno if I'll pick him now

Forwards easily toughest to nail early. Definitely Heeney and Billings. Thinking maybe JJK as third forward, simply because he starts the year well and always finishes with 2000+ points apart from this year with injury. Last 3 years has started with or by round 2 had a score over 175+

Not keen on gray anymore and interested to see role of Devon. One guy I'm very interested in is Mitch Robinson purely because Rocky has gone and when he was there he had midfield mins. Not to mention bundy is back to play FWD and Cameron a Goal kicking winger whom they've bought in.

Barlow is another who interests. Cyril Bennell will be cheap but carry massive risk.

quinny88

Anyone know what Lids and Bennell will be worth?

crowls

was relying on lobb being my r/f link, so spewing.    probably do gawn, nic nat, maybe darcy for r3.
barlow is definitely worth thought at his starting price and gaz gone.
f3 out of barlow, dahl, lobb or jjk

quinny88

Quote from: crowls on December 03, 2017, 11:36:02 PM
was relying on lobb being my r/f link, so spewing.    probably do gawn, nic nat, maybe darcy for r3.
barlow is definitely worth thought at his starting price and gaz gone.
f3 out of barlow, dahl, lobb or jjk

Me too. Didn't even consider that he could miss out either. Lobbe at Carlton will be a cheap ruck option if Kreuzer goes down at any point. A playing ruck rookie may be important with no swing man fwd/ruc. Unless by a miracle Ryder got fwd/ruck status again.

Peter

Lobb still good option imo as playing first ruck will always get around or more than 90 which will be benchmark for forwards

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Peter on December 04, 2017, 07:27:51 AM
Lobb still good option imo as playing first ruck will always get around or more than 90 which will be benchmark for forwards

Agree. No DPP is annoying but still a strong chance to start for me. Shown he goes well as sole ruck

LordSneeze

Menegola would be a SC superstar if he could kick straight