Richmond Offseason/Preseason Megathread 2015/2016

Started by Nige, September 08, 2015, 11:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Yaz will play his old side in Round 1 next year as has become tradition.

Bully

If we go a mid like Balic/Oliver/Mathieson with pick 12 I would like us to target one of Hardwick/Dodge/Ferreira with our next pick. I highly doubt all three would be there but there should be at least one available.

Nige

I'd love any of those three. 8)

Also, Shane Edwards has re-signed until the end of 2019!

Toga

Great news, only Titch & Vickery are FAs at the end of 2016. Good to have him signed off before the media torch turns to him.

shaker

As you probably know I am not a big fan of Titch but to his credit he had a very good year but his performances in the last 3 E/ finals have been nothing short of pathetic something he needs to sort quickly

Nige

Quote from: shaker on October 26, 2015, 06:57:08 PM
his performances in the last 3 E/ finals have been nothing short of pathetic something he needs to sort quickly
So was the 3/4 of the team in each of those finals.

Nige

NAB Challenge fixture released.

Friday Feb 19th vs Freo in Mandurah, WA @ 4.10pm WST

Saturday Feb 27th vs Hawks in Beaconsfield, VIC @ 4.40pm EDT

Thursday March 10th vs Port at Eithad @ 7.10pm EDT

quinny88

Quote from: Nige on October 27, 2015, 01:21:31 PM
NAB Challenge fixture released.

Friday Feb 19th vs Freo in Mandurah, WA @ 4.10pm WST

Saturday Feb 27th vs Hawks in Beaconsfield, VIC @ 4.40pm EDT

Thursday March 10th vs Port at Eithad @ 7.10pm EDT

Meh, only thing that comes  out of the nab challenge is injuries. Play the kids and let's look to belting Carlton by 70 points in round 1

Bully

Quote from: Bully on October 25, 2015, 08:43:04 PM
If we go a mid like Balic/Oliver/Mathieson with pick 12 I would like us to target one of Hardwick/Dodge/Ferreira with our next pick. I highly doubt all three would be there but there should be at least one available.

I will add Kerbatieh & Markov to that list, some good numbers from both players. I think this is the year to grab a small/medium forward, I reckon Kerbatieh will be the one if available, we've already seen him up close and the reports are good.

Kellogscrunchynut

What about Daniel Rioli kids got some talent, and should be around late.

Nige

Matt Dea and Nathan Gordon have been delisted while Matt Thomas has retired.

Matt Dea very unlucky imo.

quinny88

Quote from: Nige on October 28, 2015, 06:06:40 PM

Yeah didn't Dea win the VFL b&f?

Anyone else think we should look to grab Matt Wright? Was delisted from Adelaide but I rate him. Similair style to Chris Knights

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on October 28, 2015, 07:10:23 PM

Anyone else think we should look to grab Matt Wright? Was delisted from Adelaide but I rate him. Similair style to Chris Knights
Yup, Dea won the B&F, thought he was at the front of the line for as far as defensive depth was concerned, apparently not. I guess it's part of the reason we were keen to retain Astbury.

Not a huge fan of Matt Wright, I can't see him being any better than guys like Gordon were for us tbh (granted, Wright > Gordon).

The two delistings and retirement today make me believe we'll pick up a delisted free agent or two. Andrew Moore seems a likely one, especially with Tank gone. Gives us another inside mid.

quinny88

Quote from: Nige on October 28, 2015, 07:42:39 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on October 28, 2015, 07:10:23 PM

Yup, Dea won the B&F, thought he was at the front of the line for as far as defensive depth was concerned, apparently not. I guess it's part of the reason we were keen to retain Astbury.

Not a huge fan of Matt Wright, I can't see him being any better than guys like Gordon were for us tbh (granted, Wright > Gordon).

The two delistings and retirement today make me believe we'll pick up a delisted free agent or two. Andrew Moore seems a likely one, especially with Tank gone. Gives us another inside mid.

Dea will surely be picked up by another club.
Yeah would be great to find another basement bargain. Anthony Miles 2.0

Donnie Brasco

no, not "Nippa" Gordon?! every time I saw him play he was good...