Colliwobblers 2024

Started by Colliwobblers, March 07, 2024, 06:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arbel

Moore seems like the safe option. The only saving grace this year is that most of the rookies seem to be FWD and score decently enough that we can leave that line but getting at least 3 keepers in will be good. Not thinking of getting Jones (GWS) for the cash gen?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: arbel on May 06, 2024, 12:57:12 PMMoore seems like the safe option. The only saving grace this year is that most of the rookies seem to be FWD and score decently enough that we can leave that line but getting at least 3 keepers in will be good. Not thinking of getting Jones (GWS) for the cash gen?

Yes my initial thoughts are jones or McKercher along with Oliver in. Only have the two trades to use.

Moore is a good option at his price this week though as Ringo pointed out.

To be honest I'm finding McKercher the hardest one to go past sill y as it seems.

arbel

Quote from: Colliwobblers on May 06, 2024, 01:08:23 PMTo be honest I'm finding McKercher the hardest one to go past sill y as it seems.

I've always had my rule of once a rookie cash cow is out you don't bring him back but yeah his last 2 have been good and if Sheezel plays more mid time could see him doing the Sheezel role in defence.

Mat0369

I think the week to grab McKercher was last week when he was 50k cheaper. If I'm bringing in a mid price defender it's Chapman who's about 60k cheaper and I think he is good for an 80 average.

You probably don't need to grab Jones, and looking at your bench with Nyuon there I think you're better off grabbing a premium type player if you can afford it. The last thing you want is a couple of speculative rookies on the same line with no way to cover. Moore provided the value last week around the 450k mark, Jackson may be the one to monitor this week depending what Darcy injured.

Colliwobblers

Yes, only keepers coming in now. Paying extras for Moore but to keep. McKercher would also have to be a D6 keeper which is a long bow to draw.

Least happy with missing Parish, had planned to start with him. Hoping Horne Frances goes fwd next positional change and he's my last mid spot to upgrade then, probably end up paying up for Merrett at that point.

Moore still going up significantly, if anything Jackson will drop slightly so maybe Jackson next couple weeks.

I suppose Stewart has to be on my radar down back next up.

Colliwobblers

Meek to Marshall was my move for this week, Meeks making that difficult but it's the week to do it.

Colliwobblers

Round Score: 2543. Round Rank: 472. Overall: in to 3321.

Can't complain (much) this week.

You cannot view this attachment.

Trades will be Roberts to Sullivan.

and Meek to Marshall. Feels like a waste and sideways right now, but reckon for almost even money it's a sensible step and the time to do it has to be now. Meek made me 150k cannot complain.

Still worried about all the dead rooks, but can't be helped.

Ringo

Nice rank well done.

I am holding trades to see if Graham named if not he will be downgrade and Roberts up.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ringo on May 12, 2024, 08:55:16 PMNice rank well done.

I am holding trades to see if Graham named if not he will be downgrade and Roberts up.

I can only do one and get Marshall, but I'm not sure Reid can stay much longer with 134BE, much better scoring potential than Roberts but he struggled without Yeo. Probably still score well enough to be worth losing some cash on, looks to need another rest, maybe a light week on the track is in order. Think I'll let Roberts go first. Give Reid another week to see how he goes (unless rested). He'll only lose about $20k.

Mat0369

Yeah Reid and Roberts are both looking like they need to get moved. I personally don't think it's worth jumping off Meek right now, he is killing it, has a BE of 57 and may even be a keeper at R2 the way he is going. I would do Roberts to your boy Sullivan and Reid to Zorko. Hopefully Brown scores well or Graham comes back to fill in at D6. That is the next line to try and upgrade, maybe someone like Short that you can eventually move to D7.

arbel

Yeah I'd be looking at taking Reid out before the sideways of Meek. He's doing fine average wise

Colliwobblers

Round 10 score: 2322. Round rank 30,104. Overall down to 4,368.

Not a great week but not the worst either.

You cannot view this attachment.

Trades purely going to depend on teams.

Looking at Richards for certain if named. Looking at Sexton.

Also looking at Jackson/Whitfield (or similar).

Would like to get rid of Moore and Laird, collectively they are killing me!

but maybe one more chance each. But ONLY one.

Just shy of $200k in the bank.

arbel

How much cash do you have? I only ask as there was 7 DNP this week. Keep an eye on teams yeah and I think get in some bubble boys at the expense of non players. I don't see when Graham gets back in. Suns playing well and he seems on the outer, weird considering he played well.

Colliwobblers

$198,800

Yes, Nyuon and Graham the most likely to go for Richards and Sexton. That fixes 2 of the 7.

Wilson and Brown/Clohesy up and down next week. Still might grab a premo this week, see what teams throw up, I'm hoping for some rookie lifelines but I'm not optimistic.

arbel

Reid back in VFL but bombers winning so might be hard and Ridley back. Garcia had a good game in the 2's for the Saints so might also get a recall after the loss to Freo