Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Stoked for Trenners that he can finally make it back out on the park, and stoked for you Dees supporters that you can finally see him back in action. All the best to him in his return!

Ricochet

This is what footy is all about, love this shower. Hope he gets through and plays out the rest of the year

My Chumps

From the AFL tonight:

8. Dom Tyson's star is on the rise
For a player who finished second in his club's best and fairest two years ago, Tyson's potential has probably been underrated outside Olympic Park. But as Melbourne rises so does recognition for Tyson, who took it up to Hawthorn's premiership onballers on Saturday and emerged as the best player on the ground. The 22-year-old, who suffered a medial injury this time last year and battled for the rest of the season, was the instigator of Melbourne's fightback, racking up 12 possessions (eight contested), four inside 50s and a goal in the second quarter alone, to finish with 32 possessions and nine clearances. His Demons ultimately fell short, but Tyson, who was part of the trade with Greater Western Sydney that landed the Giants Josh Kelly, reminded the competition of his class. - Nathan Schmook

Obviously don't watch many Melbourne games aye Purps?  ;)

Thought he was fantastic on the weekend though!

Big Mac

Tyson is a gun  8) Knew he would come good

Also Ben Kennedy had 30 and 3 in the VFL today, safe to say he probably comes back in this week

Purple 77

Tyson proved me wrong :P but his start to the year was really average IMO (and last week against port). Very, very happy that he is starting to continue and improve on his 2014 season :D

Purple 77

Was reading through a Chris Dawes thread on Demonland discussing why he can't play ruck, and this really made me chuckle:

QuoteHe can't say he doesn't have good ball slapping skills

QuoteJust tell him to catch the ball and WHANGGGGG ... the ball will ricochet off his hands every time.

QuoteYou know he won't ever get caught for grabbing the ball out of the ruck. He may even get some frees for holding the man as he will not ever be in control of the ball.

Purple 77

I just knew Viney might get up for the QB clash! I just knew it!

I am Jack. I feel no pain.

Nige

Viney's the kind of bloke to play on a broken leg so this doesn't surprise me.

Levi434

Some admin named Purple told me to post these here:

Purple you may need to set the scene for the first one but the second one is pretty self explanatory. Petracca hits em with the Petraccattack!

Ricochet

hahaha omg that Petracca one...

Purple 77

These are amazing!

Lol, I was going on another "I want Hogan" tangent, but saying I was after another Demon in Worlds. Levi reckons I'm after Bernie Vince...

Levi434

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 12, 2016, 11:06:19 AM
These are amazing!

Lol, I was going on another "I want Hogan" tangent, but saying I was after another Demon in Worlds. Levi reckonsKNOWS I'm after Bernie Vince...

Fixed it for you Purple ;)

Barra13

Spencer had 82 hitouts in the VFL this week. Crazy. Not for much effort though.

Purple 77

82 hitouts! Wow!

And I also think Matt Jones should be in our best 22 if early season form was anything to go by. He'd probably take out someone like Hunt though.

Barra13

I have that sort of Hawthorn feeling with Melbourne now that if someone gets injured/dropped, that they can come in and do just as good of a job that the person before them has.