Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Yeah Tyson was woeful I thought Purps.

Matt Jones appeared to play across halfback a bit??

Toga

Quote from: elephants on April 04, 2016, 02:41:24 PM

I've been tracking him a bit (for WXV purposes lol or otherwise I probably wouldn't even know he he is :P) and has been named at HBF for the first two rounds and appears to be playing there during games. Had quite a nice NAB challenge so that's why I started paying attention and he's done ok the first two rounds!

Purple 77

Quote from: Toga on April 04, 2016, 02:57:15 PM
Quote from: elephants on April 04, 2016, 02:41:24 PM

I've been tracking him a bit (for WXV purposes lol or otherwise I probably wouldn't even know he he is :P) and has been named at HBF for the first two rounds and appears to be playing there during games. Had quite a nice NAB challenge so that's why I started paying attention and he's done ok the first two rounds!

Seems to be a changed man!

I still have that stupid turnover he made firmly ingrained in my mind though >:( but yeah, he seems to be playing predominately off half-back.

Purple 77

Excerpt from the great man Titus O'Reily (a melbourne supporter for some context below)

He summed up my feelings perfectly. Roos has never given me any sort of satisfaction in a post-match presser:

QuotePaul Roos offered three excuses after the loss, lets look at them:

Players were ‘tired’

So I just checked and it’s round two. ROUND TWO. No, not round 22.

Apparently these ‘athletes’ are too tired to beat a team who had 11 senior players suspended this year.

If only we had a highly paid senior coach who’d been there a few years to get the right fitness levels into them. How the media pack didn’t burst out laughing when he said this is beyond me. Beyond.

I must have also missed the bit where Essendon got a bye week in round one too and were fresh as a daisy.

Chose the wrong side

Sorry?

Roos said they chose the wrong side, conveniently throwing Angus Brayshaw under the bus while doing so.

Considering Melbourne currently have two senior coaches, I would have thought this could have been handled by someone.

Melbourne lacked ‘respect’ for Essendon

Why would the Demons disrespect anyone? They haven’t won two games in a row since 2011. They are the laughing stock of the league and have been for a decade. They don’t even respect themselves.

Paul Roos, ladies and gentlemen, worth every million.

It makes you wonder why Demons fans continue to spend our hard inherited on this club.

Barra13

Jack Trengove had 22 touches and 2 goals on Saturday in the VFL.

He had 13 possessions at quarter time.

Purple 77

Did I hear that he only played the first half? Or was that only Petracca?

Purple 77

Also, THE DEMONS ARE PLAYING IN TASSY THIS WEEK!

I'm been so excited for like 6 months now!

I've only watched them live once in 2014, and have been praying they'd come down since I was 4 years old, so my long time wish is finally coming true  :D

Cannot wait to see Jesse!

nas

Quote from: Purple 77 on April 05, 2016, 09:28:13 PM

I've only watched them live once in 2014, and have been praying they'd come down since I was 4 years old, so my long time wish is finally coming true  :D

What's your thoughts (IF) this were true?

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,106651.msg1739972.html#new

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on April 05, 2016, 09:12:19 PM
Did I hear that he only played the first half? Or was that only Petracca?

Think that was just tracca

Sounds good mate  :D

I'll probably end up watching this week's game, but man being there on Saturday really took it out of me. Just knowing that I legitimately wasted 3 hours because the performance was so putrid is a shower feeling

Purple 77

Quote from: nas on April 05, 2016, 09:33:05 PM

What's your thoughts (IF) this were true?

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,106651.msg1739972.html#new

Lol, what BS. He's contracted in for us in 2017 lol

The article just screams bull shower to me. It's articles like this that should have the journalist listed, and made accountable for speculative stories and rumours like this.

Barra13

MELBOURNE is confident forward Jeff Garlett will be fit to play in Sunday's game against North Melbourne in Hobart, despite hurting his left ankle at training on Wednesday morning.

Garlett limped from the track and immediately saw the club's medical staff on the sidelines.

But in good news for the Demons, high performance manager Dave Misson said Garlett's injury was only a "slight roll" of the ankle.

"It's Wednesday and we play on Sunday and we just want to take every precaution," Misson told the club's website.

"He will absolutely, definitely play on Sunday and will most probably train on Friday with the group.

"It's really nothing serious and he's in no doubt whatsoever."

The speedster was put through a series of run-throughs but appeared to be extremely proppy as he ran along the boundary line.

He then ran a slow lap with one of the physios before leaving the track and walking, with a slight limp, back to AAMI Park.

Garlett has kicked an equal team-high four goals alongside Jesse Hogan in the first two rounds of the season and shapes as a key player against the Roos at Blundstone Arena on Sunday.

Jack Viney, Aaron vandenBerg, Colin Garland and Angus Brayshaw were all on light duties on a wet Wednesday morning at Gosch's Paddock.

Purple 77

Gonna be a cold and wet day apparently down in Hobart. Stoppages galore, so expect Viney to go nuts and have Gawn test himself out against Goldstein regularly  8)

tbagrocks

One player in particular and he was the LAST player i'd EVER expected to get ahead of himself and underperform, so badly his team lost to what others (Not me) thought might not win a game

What went wrong with my boy Jack Viney? Gee wiz wow, wrap a boy right up and he flops. I'm sure he is as embarrassed as anyone including the Richmond players :P  But I really was shocked at his performance.

He'll bounce back, maybe it's the loss he needed to kick-start his Brownlow medal year :o I still remember back in 1997 when Port beat the Crows in Showdown 1. Kicked the Crows into gear and they went on to win the flag ........

Just sayn :o

Purple 77

Haha, I'm never worried about Jack Viney. Biggest competitor on the list and I have more confidence in him than any other player in regards to whether they know how be a great AFL player.

He'll bounce back  8) although I think him having to tag for a while messed up his groove in Round 2. Hopefully he can just be allowed to go for it in the future.

elephants

Quote from: Purple 77 on April 02, 2016, 11:29:34 PM
Despite his prolific 23 disposals, I've officially acknowledging Dom Tyson is overrated, and needs to be dropped. I believe he has skill, but his decision making can be woeful and he is also prone to laziness; both things I believe can be fixed with a wake-up call at Casey, so he can come back and start playing like he did in 2014.

On this Purp, he seemed to find a lot of the ball and kicked 0.3... Imagine if that was 3 straight!

Looking at his heat-maps from the first two weeks, he seems to get a fair bit of ball in defensive 50. I assume this is not a role thing and simply a case of coincidence that the ball is defensive side of centre when he's running on ball, right?